Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Destructoid] Petitioners ask Walmart not tell sell Duke Nukem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Destructoid] Petitioners ask Walmart not tell sell Duke Nukem - Page 8

post #71 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimejhn View Post
THANK YOU!! Good lord, everyone whining about how horrible America is just because some people disagree with them about a game are significantly more annoying than the petitioners. You can go live in Australia and have half your damn games censored if you'd like. These people just have a different opinion (one that I think is stupid, but that's not really the point). Just because they express that opinion does NOT make it a fascist country. In fact, it would make it kinda the opposite.

Even if Walmart did agree, who here actually planned on buying this from Walmart anyway??
It starts with Walmart. Given the opportunity, it will spread, and soon enough it will be just as bad as Australia.
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 119
Yea, this game I will most surely get
bankaikiller
(16 items)
 
Bankai laptop
(11 items)
 
Glowing Reaper
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.1ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (3waysli) 2 gtx 560 ti's evga super clocked G.Skill 8gigs 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gig 7200rpm hdd + corsair force gt SSD 120 gig corsair h60 Windows 7 acer S231HL 
PowerCaseAudioOther
800 watt corsair NZXT Tempest EVO  USB Creative sound blaster X-FI Go Pro Razer Carcharias headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD K12 quadcore processor 4MB l2 cache 358D AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G integrated  AMD Radeon 6750M dedicated (crossfired with 6620g) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
6gigs 640 5,000 RPM Blue ray player Coolin pad and hp coolsense tempature control 
OSKeyboardAudio
Windows 7 Asus Beats 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 6core 1045T @ 3.2 Ghz ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX Amd radeon 6870 8gigs ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB sata Barracuda Compact disk DVD+RW air  Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
S231HL LCD Monitor Asus 800 Watt corsair GS 800 Roswell 
MouseAudio
Asus realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
bankaikiller
(16 items)
 
Bankai laptop
(11 items)
 
Glowing Reaper
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.1ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (3waysli) 2 gtx 560 ti's evga super clocked G.Skill 8gigs 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gig 7200rpm hdd + corsair force gt SSD 120 gig corsair h60 Windows 7 acer S231HL 
PowerCaseAudioOther
800 watt corsair NZXT Tempest EVO  USB Creative sound blaster X-FI Go Pro Razer Carcharias headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD K12 quadcore processor 4MB l2 cache 358D AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G integrated  AMD Radeon 6750M dedicated (crossfired with 6620g) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
6gigs 640 5,000 RPM Blue ray player Coolin pad and hp coolsense tempature control 
OSKeyboardAudio
Windows 7 Asus Beats 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 6core 1045T @ 3.2 Ghz ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX Amd radeon 6870 8gigs ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB sata Barracuda Compact disk DVD+RW air  Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
S231HL LCD Monitor Asus 800 Watt corsair GS 800 Roswell 
MouseAudio
Asus realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
It starts with Walmart. Given the opportunity, it will spread, and soon enough it will be just as bad as Australia.
What "starts with Walmart"?? People peacefully protesting/petitioning?? Oh no, I hope that right doesn't spread to everyone!!


Oh wait...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 D0@4.3Ghz 1.36v 24/7 HT on Foxconn Blood Rage EVGA GTX590 Classified HC 6GB Mushkin DDR3@8-8-8-19 1640 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB Kingston v100 SSD/500GB Seagate+500GB WD R... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 NEC EA232WMi+2xemachines 5760x1080 surround Cooler Master 850w 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 D0@4.3Ghz 1.36v 24/7 HT on Foxconn Blood Rage EVGA GTX590 Classified HC 6GB Mushkin DDR3@8-8-8-19 1640 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB Kingston v100 SSD/500GB Seagate+500GB WD R... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 NEC EA232WMi+2xemachines 5760x1080 surround Cooler Master 850w 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 119
When was the last time a petition stopped anything?
post #75 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimejhn View Post
What "starts with Walmart"?? People peacefully protesting/petitioning?? Oh no, I hope that right doesn't spread to everyone!!


Oh wait...
If the petition is successful with Walmart, these people will go on and ban games with the rest of the store.

As for your previous post, we don't have a problem with people having a different opinion. They're free to be offended by the game. They are trying to force their opinion on us not the other way around. Just because they feel offended they don't want anyone else playing the game.
You might want to recheck who is stepping on who's rights.
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
If the petition is successful with Walmart, these people will go on and ban games with the rest of the store.

As for your previous post, we don't have a problem with people having a different opinion. They're free to be offended by the game. They are trying to force their opinion on us not the other way around. Just because they feel offended they don't want anyone else playing the game.
You might want to recheck who is stepping on who's rights.
I agree that if these people were to successfully get THE GOVERNMENT to ban games, they would be stepping on other's rights. However, that is not the case. It is a group of people attempting to appeal to a private business. Even if they DID succeed in this (and I doubt they will), they have not violated your rights in any way. Walmart is a business, and if they feel that it would be beneficial to their sales to ban this game, then they have the right to do so. Go start your own store if you don't like it and sell whatever games you want.

We have people in this thread talking about how 'fascist' America is because some people are petitioning freaking Walmart. If we were to silence these people that feel they have a valid complaint because YOU don't like their agenda, THAT would be fascism. As it is now it is just people expressing their opinions and appealing to a store.

My whole point of my post was to agree with ItsEggrollTime's comment. And I think he does need to get his grandfather over here to smack some people. Is that what kids worry about these days, other people expressing views that they don't agree with?? You can tell we have come a long way if this is the worst thing people can come up with to ***** about. Go live in an actual fascist country for a while then try complaining. As I see it it wouldn't be Duke Nukem if it didn't upset some people!!

On topic: I doubt Walmart is going to ban Duke anyway, but you do have to like the free publicity for the game!!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 D0@4.3Ghz 1.36v 24/7 HT on Foxconn Blood Rage EVGA GTX590 Classified HC 6GB Mushkin DDR3@8-8-8-19 1640 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB Kingston v100 SSD/500GB Seagate+500GB WD R... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 NEC EA232WMi+2xemachines 5760x1080 surround Cooler Master 850w 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 D0@4.3Ghz 1.36v 24/7 HT on Foxconn Blood Rage EVGA GTX590 Classified HC 6GB Mushkin DDR3@8-8-8-19 1640 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB Kingston v100 SSD/500GB Seagate+500GB WD R... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 NEC EA232WMi+2xemachines 5760x1080 surround Cooler Master 850w 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCz View Post
Europeans would never ban anything..right?

Just Google "banned in Europe" and dig in. I'm too lazy to copy all 83 million results.
We don't have any Jack Thompson's, so your argument is void.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 119
I thought I was in a time warp back into 1992 when I read this title.


In other news: Video games cause violent crimes.
post #79 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimejhn View Post
I agree that if these people were to successfully get THE GOVERNMENT to ban games, they would be stepping on other's rights. However, that is not the case. It is a group of people attempting to appeal to a private business. Even if they DID succeed in this (and I doubt they will), they have not violated your rights in any way. Walmart is a business, and if they feel that it would be beneficial to their sales to ban this game, then they have the right to do so. Go start your own store if you don't like it and sell whatever games you want.
Maybe not legally but ethically yes, seeing as this is not directly affecting them, like smoking in public for example.

As for starting my own store, they'd just sue me to make me close it.

Quote:
We have people in this thread talking about how 'fascist' America is because some people are petitioning freaking Walmart. If we were to silence these people that feel they have a valid complaint because YOU don't like their agenda, THAT would be fascism. As it is now it is just people expressing their opinions and appealing to a store.
I'm not telling them to be quiet. They are welcome to complain that video games are violent or offensive. But not like this. America being the great 'beacon' of freedom you say it is, there's a million and one ways one could voice their complaint without treading on other people's rights. Write an article in a newspaper for example!

Quote:
My whole point of my post was to agree with ItsEggrollTime's comment. And I think he does need to get his grandfather over here to smack some people. Is that what kids worry about these days, other people expressing views that they don't agree with?? You can tell we have come a long way if this is the worst thing people can come up with to ***** about. Go live in an actual fascist country for a while then try complaining.
We did come a long way. But I will have to disagree that just because it's something small that means it's something not worth fighting for. It's the small things in life that matter the most.

I will agree with you however that a lot of people calling America fascist don't realize what they already have and how lucky they are.

Quote:
As I see it it wouldn't be Duke Nukem if it didn't upset some people!!
QFT
Edited by __Pat__ - 4/2/11 at 5:08am
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 119
This makes me want to go to walmart and buy the game. Then walk outside and whip out DNF and tell them all to suck it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Destructoid] Petitioners ask Walmart not tell sell Duke Nukem