New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

uTorrent Issues

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hey Guys,

Recently reinstall uTorrent as i have found pretty much all linux distros are in torrent form now.
Anyway, Got it loaded up got my torrents setup and everything seems to be download, which is good i suppose. However, for some reason i am only getting maybe a top speed of 100kbs though i know in the past i have been able to get 700kbs. Not only this but when uTorrent is running even though maybe downloading at 50kbs my whole internet on my network pretty much comes to a stand still.

find this really strange other people seem to be having the same problem, i just can't seem to put my finger on the problem. Is it a uTorrent issue, router issue or internet issue.

My ISP is o2 and i am using a Netgear DG834Gv3 Router. Been using this router now for about a year, never had any problems with it up until now (if that is the problem)

When uTorrent is closed the internet goes back to regular speed. all pages load up on both Wired and Wireless connectivity?

Any thoughts guys? - Any help will be appricated.

Anjokid
post #2 of 6
Is it possible if your isp is throttling your bandwidth? Have you checked to make sure there isn't a limit on your dl rate in ut?
The Aztec Cyclone
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 3.7Ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE MSI GTX460 1GB Cyclone SLI 3x2GB Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
G.Skill 120GB SSD, WD 7200rpm 640GB, Samsung 54... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Logitech G11 Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
The Aztec Cyclone
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 3.7Ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE MSI GTX460 1GB Cyclone SLI 3x2GB Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
G.Skill 120GB SSD, WD 7200rpm 640GB, Samsung 54... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Logitech G11 Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
There are many factors involved here. To name a few:

The tracker.
The speed of the seeders.
The L:S ratio.
Your ISP throttling P2P traffic.
Your router not properly or efficiently forwarding data on certain ports.

There are several others. If you normally browse safely, I would test to see if the connection is improved by moving this system into a DMZ if your router supports the feature. That way you know that it's a router/port issue, which tends to be the most common in these situations.
Intellect v2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Processor ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SAT... EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC... 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 Das Keyboard 4 Professional (Brown) Corsair AX860 Fractal Design Define R5 
Mouse
MIONIX NAOS 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
Intellect v2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Processor ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SAT... EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC... 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 Das Keyboard 4 Professional (Brown) Corsair AX860 Fractal Design Define R5 
Mouse
MIONIX NAOS 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggerfist View Post
Is it possible if your isp is throttling your bandwidth? Have you checked to make sure there isn't a limit on your dl rate in ut?
Checked the uTorrent settings best i could on this issue. Previously when i have had P2P installed its not been a issue... Till now. Just find it strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post
There are many factors involved here. To name a few:

The tracker.
The speed of the seeders.
The L:S ratio.
Your ISP throttling P2P traffic.
Your router not properly or efficiently forwarding data on certain ports.

There are several others. If you normally browse safely, I would test to see if the connection is improved by moving this system into a DMZ if your router supports the feature. That way you know that it's a router/port issue, which tends to be the most common in these situations.
All the torrents seem to have good L:S ratio. I have placed my PC before into DMZ (should of mentioned) and this has not resolved the issue. I should also mention i have checked connected devices to the router to ensure someone hasn't AirCracked into my router and using my net. I have forwarded the port correctly still no joy?
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjokid View Post
All the torrents seem to have good L:S ratio. I have placed my PC before into DMZ (should of mentioned) and this has not resolved the issue. I should also mention i have checked connected devices to the router to ensure someone hasn't AirCracked into my router and using my net. I have forwarded the port correctly still no joy?
Well, if you had the system in a DMZ and it still had the issue, then that pretty much eliminates the possibility that it's a router or port issue. Honestly sounds like you just might be getting throttled.
Intellect v2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Processor ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SAT... EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC... 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 Das Keyboard 4 Professional (Brown) Corsair AX860 Fractal Design Define R5 
Mouse
MIONIX NAOS 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
Intellect v2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Processor ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SAT... EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC... 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 Das Keyboard 4 Professional (Brown) Corsair AX860 Fractal Design Define R5 
Mouse
MIONIX NAOS 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Hey mate

i just moved from o2 LLU due to throttling

what package are you on ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Networking & Security