I too just registered to respond. lol
Anyways, by far this is the best fix I've seen yet. I'm Running the following specs:
- 2 ATI Radeon HD4850 512 in Crossfire
- GA-MA790x Gigabyte AM3 Motherboard (SB 750)
- 4GB (2x2GB) 4-4-4-12 800mhz G.Skill Memory (1066 doesnt work with my board, go figure..)
- AMD Phenom II X3 720 OC@3.2GHz Unlocked Fourth Core (AMD Phenom II x4 955 Equivalent)
Previously I had RadeonPro (3rd party software) set to Alternate Frame Rendering, which gave decent performance. But anything reflective would constantly flicker and night races would look awful.
I tried Ekko's steps, and exited RadeonPro, and to my surprise any and all Flickering is gone! Unfortunately I've experienced two problems:
- Anti-aliasing still isn't present, plenty of ugly jaggies
- Performance is still at 30-40 FPS, so no performance gains
- This may or may not be due to the fact that I hooked my computer up to my 26" 720P TV. It runs at 1376 x 768, so setting the game to run at 1920 x 1080 results in an awful looking image, but 1280 x 1024 (a 4:3) resolution won't really look too good on a wide screen TV either.
What am I doing wrong? I used the exact settings used by Ekko, and no matter what resolution I use, Jaggies are still present. Performance isn't there either, but I think that may be out of our hands. There's no way I can run HL2 Episode 2 at over 100 FPS maxed 4x AA and 4x Anistropic. HDR, all that eye candy and can't run this game over 50 FPS at a lower resolution than my monitor's 1680 x 1050...