Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Phenom II x 6 1055T can be a huge bottleneck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phenom II x 6 1055T can be a huge bottleneck. - Page 42  

post #411 of 422
Please settle down in here people.

I see another personal attack, use of profanity, insults.
I will take punitive actions.

Thanks

Only warning to all, after this post any and all bs will be dealt with as per the tos.
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
post #412 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
I just love how the OP goes from 1600x900 LCD AOC monitor to 1920x1080 LED AOC monitor.

Awesomesauce.
This thread is full of inconsistencies especially when he posts two different benchmarks for the CPU/VGA comparison, which just so happen to give the Intel CPU a HUGE performance boost.

I think the guy is trolling and hopes we are all idiots.

Obviously the i5 gives a performance boost over an AMD Phenom x6, we all know that, but his assertions that his crossfire setup was bottlenecked by the AMD CPU is absurd to say the least. If that was the case then my system with 2 5850s overclocked are bottlenecked too and I see no evidence of this.

I have seen no screen shots of his said bottleneck proof and yet he demands someone else provide proof. Granted I did not read through all of the posts here but have skimmed for benchmarks, screen shots and the like and saw nothing to prove his point.

If anyone can link a post he made with actual proof of his bottleneck and his subsequent fix of bottleneck after switching to Intel then I will retract my above statement.

He needs a video to prove his point because anyone can doctor screenshots or even run the game in a less demanding scene for one CPU, etc.
Phantom
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair Formula V EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 8 GBs DDR3 Seagate Samsung OCZ Solid 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Solid 3 Samsung DVD RW with Lightscribe XSPC Dual bay pump/res XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phobya Compression Fittings Black Ice Xtreme II 240mm Radiator Koolance BKT-HX001 Radiator Mounting Bracket Various versions of Linux 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows of some sort Acer 27" LED LCD  Samsung 19" LCD Saitek Cyborg 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
HEC 1080 800 watt NZXT Phantom Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Philips AmBX Complete System 
Audio
Creative Omni Sound Blaster USB 
  hide details  
Phantom
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair Formula V EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 EVGA GTX 660 Sig 2 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 8 GBs DDR3 Seagate Samsung OCZ Solid 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Solid 3 Samsung DVD RW with Lightscribe XSPC Dual bay pump/res XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phobya Compression Fittings Black Ice Xtreme II 240mm Radiator Koolance BKT-HX001 Radiator Mounting Bracket Various versions of Linux 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows of some sort Acer 27" LED LCD  Samsung 19" LCD Saitek Cyborg 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
HEC 1080 800 watt NZXT Phantom Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Philips AmBX Complete System 
Audio
Creative Omni Sound Blaster USB 
  hide details  
post #413 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by tout View Post
lol, way to basically give yourself no chance of being proven wrong! What's there maybe 10 people on this forum with the exact same setup and play BC2? Whatever.

Then I guess all the reviews online are false then? The only thing a 6950 gains is more VRam 2GBs vs. 1 GB. So unless you are running Eyefinity then you will see very little performance gain. Oh and I read they have slightly better scaling in Crossfire. Sorry to burst your bubble. Do some research.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/a...eon-hd-6950/18

Check out the resolutions lower than 2560 x 1600... crossfire 5870 is right behind the 6950 at 1920 x 1200 and beats the 6950 at resolution lower than that.

A single 5870 beats the single 6950 in every resolution. I guess the 5870 is nothing like a 6950 is it?
funny is i was telling the op his 6950 is decent..its not like its a high end card as he speaks....of all the benchmark i see...the 6950 barely beats the 5870. =) 6970 is what i consider a high end card. if you look at the cost..the 5870 and the 6950 is almost in the same price range. only differents is the 6950 should run cooler with less watts. i believe the 6950 should do better in dx11 vs the 5870. but any game using the dx9 or dx10...i think the performance should be similair with the 6950 vs the 5870. i can could be wrong...anyone care to intervene?
Sandy Bridge E
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K @ 4.6ghz HT MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  2x5870 CFX 2GB(4GB) Kingston HyperX Predator Series 16gb [11-12-11-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 240GB  TOSHIBA 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache Swiftech Apogee™ XT + Arctica 900 Btu WaterChiller Windows 8.1 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung syncMaster 23" LED BX2331 (dual) Corsair Vengeance K90  OCZ ZX Series 1000W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Gold Corsair Obsidian Series 800D modified 
MouseAudio
Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse Realtek ALC898 8  
  hide details  
Sandy Bridge E
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K @ 4.6ghz HT MSI Big Bang-XPower II LGA 2011 Intel X79  2x5870 CFX 2GB(4GB) Kingston HyperX Predator Series 16gb [11-12-11-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 240GB  TOSHIBA 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache Swiftech Apogee™ XT + Arctica 900 Btu WaterChiller Windows 8.1 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung syncMaster 23" LED BX2331 (dual) Corsair Vengeance K90  OCZ ZX Series 1000W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Gold Corsair Obsidian Series 800D modified 
MouseAudio
Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse Realtek ALC898 8  
  hide details  
post #414 of 422
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tout View Post
lol, way to basically give yourself no chance of being proven wrong! What's there maybe 10 people on this forum with the exact same setup and play BC2? Whatever.

Then I guess all the reviews online are false then? The only thing a 6950 gains is more VRam 2GBs vs. 1 GB. So unless you are running Eyefinity then you will see very little performance gain. Oh and I read they have slightly better scaling in Crossfire. Sorry to burst your bubble. Do some research.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/a...eon-hd-6950/18

Check out the resolutions lower than 2560 x 1600... crossfire 5870 is right behind the 6950 at 1920 x 1200 and beats the 6950 at resolution lower than that.

A single 5870 beats the single 6950 in every resolution. I guess the 5870 is nothing like a 6950 is it?
The only difference is not the ram. What about the fact that the 6900 series comes a whole new chip? the only reason older graphics cards can compete with it for now, is their drivers have had plenty of time to mature 6900 series drivers have not.

As far as science is concerned, then yes the only way to prove my experiance was not the processors fault is to recreate my setup but with no bottleneck in the x6. You cant use different equipment and say its the same result.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
post #415 of 422
intel's quad cores are 8 core architectures, so amd x6 cores vs 8 cores you do the math plus 4.5k ghz lol wow....
post #416 of 422
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepergsr View Post
funny is i was telling the op his 6950 is decent..its not like its a high end card as he speaks....of all the benchmark i see...the 6950 barely beats the 5870. =) 6970 is what i consider a high end card. if you look at the cost..the 5870 and the 6950 is almost in the same price range. only differents is the 6950 should run cooler with less watts. i believe the 6950 should do better in dx11 vs the 5870. but any game using the dx9 or dx10...i think the performance should be similair with the 6950 vs the 5870. i can could be wrong...anyone care to intervene?
Funny you mention that...

The game I am benching with the bottleneck is DX11.

6950 and 6970 are the same card with just a few shaders disabled.lol. I could easaly make my card a 6970 and I have before. There is a thread around here somewhere stating that as fact.

So no a 5870 is not a 6950.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
post #417 of 422
rember to overclock the AMD x6 to 4.5ghz n bench mark it again, u cant compare 3.8ghz to 4.5ghz
post #418 of 422
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad View Post
rember to overclock the AMD x6 to 4.5ghz n bench mark it again, u cant compare 3.8ghz to 4.5ghz
If you read the thread you will see I matched their clocks and compared.

This is not a review side by side, this was trying to help others with same problem.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
post #419 of 422
damric its been over 10 hours, surely you've downloaded 3D Mark Vantage and ran it with Afterburner up showing your gpu usage throughout the testing.

I must have missed it, can you permalink your post for me and direct me to it?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #420 of 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
I just love how the OP goes from 1600x900 LCD AOC monitor to 1920x1080 LED AOC monitor.

Awesomesauce.
Funny, i noticed that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad View Post
rember to overclock the AMD x6 to 4.5ghz n bench mark it again, u cant compare 3.8ghz to 4.5ghz
Gl with 4.5 on a X6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103 View Post
Funny you mention that...

The game I am benching with the bottleneck is DX11.

6950 and 6970 are the same card with just a few shaders disabled.lol. I could easaly make my card a 6970 and I have before. There is a thread around here somewhere stating that as fact.

So no a 5870 is not a 6950.
A 6950 flashed to a 6970 will never be as fast a a real 6970.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad View Post
intel's quad cores are 8 core architectures, so amd x6 cores vs 8 cores you do the math plus 4.5k ghz lol wow....
No in quad cores are just quad cores,HT adds 4 additional fake cores. So, Turn OFF HT then go trolling with benchmarks .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tout View Post
This thread is full of inconsistencies especially when he posts two different benchmarks for the CPU/VGA comparison, which just so happen to give the Intel CPU a HUGE performance boost.

I think the guy is trolling and hopes we are all idiots.

Obviously the i5 gives a performance boost over an AMD Phenom x6, we all know that, but his assertions that his crossfire setup was bottlenecked by the AMD CPU is absurd to say the least. If that was the case then my system with 2 5850s overclocked are bottlenecked too and I see no evidence of this.

I have seen no screen shots of his said bottleneck proof and yet he demands someone else provide proof. Granted I did not read through all of the posts here but have skimmed for benchmarks, screen shots and the like and saw nothing to prove his point.

If anyone can link a post he made with actual proof of his bottleneck and his subsequent fix of bottleneck after switching to Intel then I will retract my above statement.

He needs a video to prove his point because anyone can doctor screenshots or even run the game in a less demanding scene for one CPU, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tout View Post
You are very obtuse aren't you?

No a 5870 is not a 6950, thank you Captain Obvious!

BUT!

It does perform in games and benchmarks almost identically. That is the point that you so deftly ignore in all your posts. Still no actual proof of your claims anywhere in this whole thread. Having one person chime in with 'I have the same thing happening to me,' is not proof of any sort.

Meanwhile Danric laid the smackdown on your claims with screenshots of benchmark runs and I have posted benchmark reviews for your perusal to show you that you 6950 is not some beast of a card like you think it is and will bottleneck. No where have I ever read any reviewer stating that an AMD Phenom x6 is bottlenecked even at stock frequencies!

I stand by my presumption that you are a troll starting a flame war in the AMD section of the forums.
^This & this. /nowclosethread.
Edited by Heavy MG - 4/4/11 at 12:33am
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Phenom II x 6 1055T can be a huge bottleneck.