Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Some help with my xai
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some help with my xai

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I just got my third xai. This one does work lol. steelseries recommend setting in game sensitivity to 1 and use the cpi to stop interpolation. Is this true and does it matter? I have cod mwf2 set to 1 in game sensitivity and i have had to up my cpi to 2100.

I tried it on my roccat and sota and the mouse is way too light for it i think. I have a steelseries QCK+ which i like it has a nice glide too it.

Also i have a 60hz refresh rate. Should i set my exact rate to 540 or is it 560?
Edited by dmxdex2020 - 3/31/11 at 1:41pm
post #2 of 13
techinally SS right about the CPI part, but in the mouse-engine of COD if I dont wrong you can get negative accel if you go in such high CPI [dont sure about this].
I see Steelseries claim this for marketing thier option 'exactsens'.

the same for 'exactrate', just set what feels the most stable for me.
In the time I've used my Xai the 500-600 was the most stablest for me.
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1 View Post
techinally SS right about the CPI part, but in the mouse-engine of COD if I dont wrong you can get negative accel if you go in such high CPI [dont sure about this].
I see Steelseries claim this for marketing thier option 'exactsens'.

the same for 'exactrate', just set what feels the most stable for me.
In the time I've used my Xai the 500-600 was the most stablest for me.
So what you are saying is that it doesnt matter about what SS have said and just set in game sens and cpi to what you want?
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020 View Post
So what you are saying is that it doesnt matter about what SS have said and just set in game sens and cpi to what you want?
No, they technically right, beacause In theory the best settings are:
adjustment cpi, windows sens 6, ingame sens 1

Pros:
It gives you the best precision you can get in-game (the smallest angle of turn).
Cons:
1. If you are a low-sens player you will notice negative acceleration at some speed. It is caused by the mouse-engine, high screen resolution and FPS helps. Of course you can just lower cpi and set sensitivity above 1.0.
2. SteelSeries claims Xai has 1 cpi increment, that's not true. According to Avago ADNS-9500 data sheet the real increment is about 90 cpi (default for the sensor is 1620 cpi). So much for fine adjustment.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1 View Post
No, they technically right, beacause In theory the best settings are:
adjustment cpi, windows sens 6, ingame sens 1

Pros:
It gives you the best precision you can get in-game (the smallest angle of turn).
Cons:
1. If you are a low-sens player you will notice negative acceleration at some speed. It is caused by the mouse-engine, high screen resolution and FPS helps. Of course you can just lower cpi and set sensitivity above 1.0.
2. SteelSeries claims Xai has 1 cpi increment, that's not true. According to Avago ADNS-9500 data sheet the real increment is about 90 cpi (default for the sensor is 1620 cpi). So much for fine adjustment.
at what cpi do you get neg accel
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020 View Post
at what cpi do you get neg accel
When I used my Xai I was set my settings to 450CPI, 500/600/1000HZ (try and check what gives you the most stable feel when moving the mouse) and I move the mouse 1.44-1.49c/m maximum speed.
Since I dont need to move my mouse too fast and my settings is low-end, I dont notice any negative accelration, but for example PREDICTION when a little more than the 'normal' AMOUNT JUST FU**ED UP the Accuracy for me (FreeMove / using MX518 / Kinzu / Angle snapping / Mouse Correction).

The cpi ITSELF dont effect negative accelration (only in HalfLife1 engine [CZ,CS 1.6],maximum speed [for example a situation when someone comes behind you ingame and you turn-around fast as you can) when moving the mouse it is.

anyways:use the most comfortable value for me/the most close to your pervious mouse settings.
but just know to set the windows sens in 6, and ingame to 1 and ajustment your dpi.
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1 View Post
When I used my Xai I was set my settings to 450CPI, 500/600/1000HZ (try and check what gives you the most stable feel when moving the mouse) and I move the mouse 1.44-1.49c/m maximum speed.
Since I dont need to move my mouse too fast and my settings is low-end, I dont notice any negative accelration, but for example PREDICTION when a little more than the 'normal' AMOUNT JUST FU**ED UP the Accuracy for me (FreeMove / using MX518 / Kinzu / Angle snapping / Mouse Correction).

The cpi ITSELF dont effect negative accelration (only in HalfLife1 engine [CZ,CS 1.6],maximum speed [for example a situation when someone comes behind you ingame and you turn-around fast as you can) when moving the mouse it is.

anyways:use the most comfortable value for me/the most close to your pervious mouse settings.
but just know to set the windows sens in 6, and ingame to 1 and ajustment your dpi.
My my cpi is set to 2100. i cant use 450 cpi with 1 in game sense. is that cpi safe?
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020 View Post
My my cpi is set to 2100. i cant use 450 cpi with 1 in game sense. is that cpi safe?
You should be safe, I Mean..its such high value, you dont need to move your hand so fast to do 180/360 and such. (I think, you need to tell it )

I think the most safest for you is using Hard Surface - just to be in the safe-zone.
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1 View Post
You should be safe, I Mean..its such high value, you dont need to move your hand so fast to do 180/360 and such. (I think, you need to tell it )

I think the most safest for you is using Hard Surface - just to be in the safe-zone.
Well what i mean is i set in game sens to 1. if i put my mouse at 450 dpi then it hardly moves in game. So i need to raise the cpi very high when in game sens is at 1. With in game sense at 1 and at 2100 cpi it feels like 450 dpi with in game sens at 5.

Does that make any sense lol?

And i cannot get use to my xai on a roccat sota. Its just too light and the feet make it way too fast. It tends to jitter for me. The high cpi does not help either proberly My G500 was good to use on a sota. I put that down to the weight.

The feet on my xai also look plastic not teflon like the g500.
Edited by dmxdex2020 - 4/1/11 at 7:58am
post #10 of 13
Steps to enjoying your Xai:

1. Set Windows Mouse sensitivity to 6 (middle)
2. Disable enhanced precision (check box)
3. Uninstall ALL mouse software
4. Tune the dpi to your liking using the lcd on the bottom of the mouse.
5. ???
6. Profit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Some help with my xai