Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Crossfire question -5770
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crossfire question -5770

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Installed another 5770 card in my system going crossfire, uninstalled previous drivers, used driver sweeper and then re-installed the latest 11.3 drivers, and finally enabled crossfire in CCC.

Since this is my first time going into crossfire i dont really know if this is normal or not, basically after going crossfire my gpu's core clock and memory clock drop to 157MHz and 300MHz according to CCC with crossfire enabled or not.

is this normal crossfire behaviour?

--

my fps seems to have dropped after installing the crossfire when in css i would usually get 200+ fps i now get the half of that
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmiles View Post
Installed another 5770 card in my system going crossfire, uninstalled previous drivers, used driver sweeper and then re-installed the latest 11.3 drivers, and finally enabled crossfire in CCC.

Since this is my first time going into crossfire i dont really know if this is normal or not, basically after going crossfire my gpu's core clock and memory clock drop to 157MHz and 300MHz according to CCC with crossfire enabled or not.

is this normal crossfire behaviour?

--

my fps seems to have dropped after installing the crossfire when in css i would usually get 200+ fps i now get the half of that
157/300 are the idle speeds for your cards. If they aren't jumping back to full speed when you start gaming, then you probably have some sort of software/driver issue.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ramp View Post
157/300 are the idle speeds for your cards. If they aren't jumping back to full speed when you start gaming, then you probably have some sort of software/driver issue.
ah ok, then what about lower FPS in games could this be driver issues or the crossfire profile issue?
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmiles View Post
ah ok, then what about lower FPS in games could this be driver issues or the crossfire profile issue?
css isn't really a very good test of that since it's cpu bound unless you're playing it at triple screen resolution. You might see your fps cut in half and that could be totally normal. Test out something a bit more graphically bound and see what happens.
Six
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus Rampage IV Gene evga 980ti SC+ 16gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256x2 Raid0 none Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Acer Predator XB270HU Ducky Shine 4 Corsair AX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Razer Deathadder 2013 Alienware Fiio e11 + AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
Six
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus Rampage IV Gene evga 980ti SC+ 16gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256x2 Raid0 none Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Acer Predator XB270HU Ducky Shine 4 Corsair AX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Razer Deathadder 2013 Alienware Fiio e11 + AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by un1b4ll View Post
css isn't really a very good test of that since it's cpu bound unless you're playing it at triple screen resolution. You might see your fps cut in half and that could be totally normal. Test out something a bit more graphically bound and see what happens.
i just played crysis and bad company 2 and it definitely has improved performance but now i get tearing on the top half of my screen, what causes this? besides having v-sync on is there anyway to prevent tearing?
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmiles View Post
besides having v-sync on is there anyway to prevent tearing?
Get a 120hz monitor... it reduces it tremendously.

But in your case, just run v-sync.
Pwnz0r Radley IV
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 Gigabyte X38-DS4 Asus GTX 480 2x2gb Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
2 x 500GB WD Caviar Black (RAID-0) 22" AOC 1080P Enermax Ininity 720W 
  hide details  
Reply
Pwnz0r Radley IV
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 Gigabyte X38-DS4 Asus GTX 480 2x2gb Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
2 x 500GB WD Caviar Black (RAID-0) 22" AOC 1080P Enermax Ininity 720W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Punk_2.0 View Post
Get a 120hz monitor... it reduces it tremendously.

But in your case, just run v-sync.
what are the prices on current 120hz monitors?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Crossfire question -5770