Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MaxPC] 12 Ways Consoles Are Hurting PC Gaming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MaxPC] 12 Ways Consoles Are Hurting PC Gaming - Page 6  

post #51 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHNS0 View Post
Nope. Just plain ol' fail in there. People blaming consoles for the bad ports don't really understand the full situation. It's entirely the developers fault if a PC port is bad or lacking features, regardless of the consoles. They could have made it better, but they didn't.
The fact that they're ports in the first place is the root of the problem. They're designing these things to run at 30 fps on old hardware.

Stuff like menus or the UI are only half the issue.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
post #52 of 126
I long for the day that games are made for pc and then ported to consoles. I understand having exclusive games but seriously, Don't make a game playability exclusive as well.
Valery
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Radeon 7970 Reference G. Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair NOVA SSD 64gb + 500gb Storage + 1TB Storag HP DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 37" 1080p60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Rosewill Lightning 1000W Single Rail LianLi PC-K58 Razer Spectre 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Valery
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Radeon 7970 Reference G. Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair NOVA SSD 64gb + 500gb Storage + 1TB Storag HP DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 37" 1080p60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Rosewill Lightning 1000W Single Rail LianLi PC-K58 Razer Spectre 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
post #53 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
^ They didn't pay off any movie studios. Blu-Ray was the more superior product over HD-DVD and it won accordingly. I remember arguing the toss with some n00b on a random forum who said HD-DVD was better and so was the Xbox (...and would you believe it he owned an xbox 360 and hated the PS3? Hmm any bias detected?). I kept posting tech specs and pointing out that as with anything, I'll put my weight behind the more advanced technology to win. Which, Blu-Ray was standardised and I won the debate.

It also helps if you OWN some movie studios, as Sony do.
Listen if you want to have a pissing contest we can go right ahead, I didn't say it was the better format or not. I know how it became the standard tho.

http://gizmodo.com/#!344680/the-real...r-went-blu+ray

It was also the choice for the porn industry at the time. Which was a big thing for vhs back in it's day.

Want anything else spelled out for you? or do you want to try to bring me into your argument so you can win? Like so many others try on these forums. I have the tape measure awaiting.
Goomah
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P67-UD4 ASUS GTX 560 TI G.SKILL Ripjaws+ Turbulence II Series 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x Samsung f3 raid 0 None! T.V. Rosewill RK-9000 Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
ABS SL 1050W (Overkill) HAF X Deathadder 
  hide details  
Goomah
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P67-UD4 ASUS GTX 560 TI G.SKILL Ripjaws+ Turbulence II Series 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x Samsung f3 raid 0 None! T.V. Rosewill RK-9000 Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
ABS SL 1050W (Overkill) HAF X Deathadder 
  hide details  
post #54 of 126
So much crying in this thread. Consoles aren't holding anything back, bad developers are. So every time someone says consoles are holding back PC gaming, it just shows how stupid they are.
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
post #55 of 126
Haha, what on earth are you on about? The only part directed at you were the first and last sentences. Dragging you into what exactly?

And no, Sony didn't pay anyone off and your link just arrives at some portal. They own a few studios and once a couple started going exclusive, so did the rest. It was like dominos.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #56 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
So much crying in this thread. Consoles aren't holding anything back, bad developers are. So every time someone says consoles are holding back PC gaming, it just shows how stupid they are.
Developers... who are making games for consoles and then porting them. If consoles didn't exist, devs wouldn't be making games for them.

Derp?
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
post #57 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post
Developers... who are making games for consoles and then porting them. If consoles didn't exist, devs wouldn't be making games for them.

Derp?
DERP?
You wrote exactly my point. Consoles aren't holding PC gaming back, the developers are. Just because consoles get more attention, it doesn't mean they are the reason PC gaming sucks. There are other, real, legitimate, factors that cause PC gaming to suck. Such as, I don't know, lets say piracy? Hmm, how about constant hardware changes? Maybe the fact they'd have to support a lot more hardware in general, minimum and high end. Lets not forget the extra cost it would take. Fact is, consoles are economically efficient. They just happen to be better for the industry, so they are top choice. Anyone can still develop for the PC to its full potential, but they just don't want to. Sounds like a personal choice, sounds like the developers. The reasons PC gaming suck are the same reasons they develop for consoles first. It isn't that PC gaming sucks because they develop for consoles.
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
post #58 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Haha, what on earth are you on about? The only part directed at you were the first and last sentences. Dragging you into what exactly?

And no, Sony didn't pay anyone off and your link just arrives at some portal. They own a few studios and once a couple started going exclusive, so did the rest. It was like dominos.
Seemed fairly directed to me, Me personally been arguing with some noob he wants to think a company did something but i want to make it a argument about which is better.

Dunno that's how i took it. The original article isn't around anymore. It's literally what ended the format war, Think what you will tho.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...?query=Toshiba

Did they pay movie studios? most definitely. HD-DVD had a good bit going for it, it was cheaper for instance probably why porn studios were using it.

It's still not doing that well then again neither are dvds.
Goomah
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P67-UD4 ASUS GTX 560 TI G.SKILL Ripjaws+ Turbulence II Series 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x Samsung f3 raid 0 None! T.V. Rosewill RK-9000 Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
ABS SL 1050W (Overkill) HAF X Deathadder 
  hide details  
Goomah
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k P67-UD4 ASUS GTX 560 TI G.SKILL Ripjaws+ Turbulence II Series 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x Samsung f3 raid 0 None! T.V. Rosewill RK-9000 Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouse
ABS SL 1050W (Overkill) HAF X Deathadder 
  hide details  
post #59 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
DERP?
You wrote exactly my point. Consoles aren't holding PC gaming back, the developers are. Just because consoles get more attention, it doesn't mean they are the reason PC gaming sucks. There are other, real, legitimate, factors that cause PC gaming to suck. Such as, I don't know, lets say piracy? Hmm, how about constant hardware changes? Maybe the fact they'd have to support a lot more hardware in general, minimum and high end. Lets not forget the extra cost it would take. Fact is, consoles are economically efficient. They just happen to be better for the industry, so they are top choice. Anyone can still develop for the PC to its full potential, but they just don't want to. Sounds like a personal choice, sounds like the developers. The reasons PC gaming suck are the same reasons they develop for consoles first. It isn't that PC gaming sucks because they develop for consoles.
The reason they're developing for consoles is irrelevant. The fact is the presence of consoles is hindering PC gaming. It doesn't take a genius to see it. (or maybe it does?)
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
post #60 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
DERP?
There are other, real, legitimate, factors that cause PC gaming to suck. Such as, I don't know, lets say piracy?
Don't know when there have been statistics to prove piracy hurts anybody making money. Probably because piracy usually has the opposite effect of making people buy the game if they like it.
Silence
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz HT Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI 5830 Corsair Dominator GT 6gb CAS 7 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
50gb Vertex 2 - OS,1.5tb Storage Win7 64 bit Saitek Cyborg OCZ 700W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Define R3 Logitech G500 Steelseries Glass 
  hide details  
Silence
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz HT Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI 5830 Corsair Dominator GT 6gb CAS 7 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
50gb Vertex 2 - OS,1.5tb Storage Win7 64 bit Saitek Cyborg OCZ 700W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Define R3 Logitech G500 Steelseries Glass 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MaxPC] 12 Ways Consoles Are Hurting PC Gaming