Wait a minute, nobody told me it was April 1st today--man, the date--how could you believe that this is a-- this is impossible, either it's still March 31st or I'm dreaming
Okay guys now that the elusive 12 noon has reached on the west coast
This was actually working for awhile until the majority of you figured it out on page 5...
but anyways, now that it's pretty much over, let me give you some insight on how I actually did it.
So now, how many of you did I get rreeaalll good.... start counting, everyone... Edited by xd_1771 - 4/1/11 at 12:12pm
- IMAGE 1: Created completely from scratch. I took this envelope:
Wiped out "Domain Registry of Canada", put AMD and Confidential in the corner, and blurred out the area where the name goes. Then I created a table texture with a bump map and a gradient that I applied onto a 3D surface, and modified the envelope perspective so it looked like it was sitting on that surface. I made a few additional lighting modifications to make the envelope look like it had something bulky in it, then I used a lot of blurs and rotates, etc. to make the image more unclear and mask some oddities; finally I also saved it as a low quality JPEG in order to mask more oddities
- IMAGE 2: See the similarities...
I took an old 1055T in socket image I had, and just used GIMP Resynthesizer to remove a few things and also moved around some others to make it look like some sort of weird ES chip. I should've actually made it look like an ES but I thought I'd leave it be for teh lulz and as sort of a backdoor to finding out that this is an April Fools joke
- IMAGE 3: I took an image of CPU-Z I had snapped while running the classic Windows UI; this made sure that the text wasn't being modified with ClearView or anything and I could easily replicate it in GIMP with my own text that looked exactly the same. I just replaced everything in it, making sure to not leave out any details. I couldn't fit 3DNow in the "Instructions" panel so I decided to make a joke that AMD dropped 3DNow support
- IMAGE 4: This wasn't even modified at all, I merely copy-pasted it from this Sandy Bridge result!
- The text: Let's just say I'm a good storywriter
- How I did this without AMD putting any pressure on me: Just after I posted the thread I PM-ed "JF-AMD" saying "between you and me, this is an April fools joke " in order to keep me out of trouble from AMD in case any of these did turn out to be...ehm.... real details...