Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Is Intel really that superior in gaming?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Intel really that superior in gaming? - Page 16  

post #151 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian;12995026 
No, it really is because AMD is inferior at this point in time. There is no benchmarking website conspiracy against AMD. Their CPU's are not as good as Intel's. It's that simple, man...

And what? You think 200MHz on a CPU and a few hundred megahertz on a GPU will equate to 20FPS in Crysis? Come on, man, you HAVE to be trolling with that. If I dropped my OC by 200MHz and lowered my GPU back to stock clocks I will not drop 20FPS in Crysis. Hell, if I did that'd bring me to minus FPS.

Maybe you should stop saying that I'm "trolling" and maybe actually read what I write?
That guy superclocked his card, and bumped his processor speed. What were you expecting? The combination of both SHOULD raise his frames. 20FPS is absolutely possible. My conclusion - If the clocks & settings were identically, the difference between the frames has been 1-2FPS. The i7 was 58% overclocked, and BOTH GPU's were 11% higher clocked in core, and 9,5% higher clocked in memory. The AMD system was just 33% higher processor clocks - that's it. If that 20FPS difference hadn't existed, I would have suspected that he edited this w/ photoshop lolz.
You must expect that kind of perfomance gap :S

I'm also glad that some users ARE telling correct facts.
The fact that Sandy Brigde is more efficient, does not mean it's that much better in games !

If the matter was about multitasking - SB hands down, agree. But it isn't the case.
Edited by -X3- - 4/4/11 at 7:10am
Refined
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k GIGABYTE Z97X-UD3H-BK MSI R9 290 w/ Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 G.SKILL Sniper 2x8GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD Crucial MX300 1050GB Disconnected Noctua NH-C14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 PRO x64 DELL U2312HM Teac SeaSonic S12II-620 80PLUS BRONZE 
CaseMouse
TMS Custom Built LIMITED EDITION Microsoft 
  hide details  
Refined
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k GIGABYTE Z97X-UD3H-BK MSI R9 290 w/ Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 G.SKILL Sniper 2x8GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD Crucial MX300 1050GB Disconnected Noctua NH-C14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 PRO x64 DELL U2312HM Teac SeaSonic S12II-620 80PLUS BRONZE 
CaseMouse
TMS Custom Built LIMITED EDITION Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #152 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian;12995251 
You must be blind then? Because the guy in question posted screenshots and the second was someone elses rig.

Of Crysis 2, not Crysis.

OMG, a whopping 13+FPS on stock systems, watch out! Overclock both and it wouldn't matter on most monitors with 60Hz refresh rates. So your point is moot, once again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian;12995251 
I know myself that in Just Cause 2 I got a 10FPS increase from jumping from LGA775 Q9450 to LGA1155 i5-2500 on the same hardware, and my GPU is utterly terrible.

You mean you got an FPS increase by switching to a faster processor? This is madness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian;12995251 
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Crysis only using two cores. Whatever, man!

Yes, original Crysis only uses 2 cores: Crysis_Warhead_Core_scaling_HD4870_1680x1050.png

Quote:
Vote the underdog! Buy AMD! The little guy needs your help (to trash forums with information pulled directly from arses!)

You jelly that people with AMD systems that cost less than your current one can max games out? Go punch a dog or something.

I don't disagree that SB is faster than PII, but does it really make a difference in anyone's gaming pleasure? Not really, 60fps is 60fps.
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
post #153 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryDemon;12995203 
Well at this point AMD's CPU architecture is really outdated. It holds its own against Core 2 Quads, but simply cranking up the speed wasnt enough to compete with Nehalem i7's and now with Sandy Bridge that gap is pretty large.

Just look at a some i7-2600 reviews (I picked this one because the game benchmarks are all on 1 page, but you can see the same trend in dozens of reviews):

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/20

I would say +20fps is a fair average, in some cases its much more, in some cases less.

This is madness. Those tests are clearly bias. No way did they use the same gpu with each cpu.

AMD hath no bottleneck! Crysis is just a terrible game, thats why you need a Intel cpu to get playable frames, it's not because Intel is faster, it's because the game is bad.

Look here guys, this game here clearly makes use of 4 or more cores, yet an i3 with lower clocks beats a 1100T?

35047.png

Clearly AMD has no bottleneck, clearly these tests are all bias, even the website runs on the Intel compiler. Didn't you know back in 2002 Intel did bad things and got sued over it? They never changed, to this day AMD has the suprior product, those benches were done with two 6990s for Intel and 1 5770 for AMD, AMD hath no bottleneck.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #154 of 200
Considering that an Athlon will output the same FPS ANY of those CPUs will at v-sync, what good is that benchmark?

There has to come a point where people can look at a benchmark and realize when more is pointless.

If a PII can output the same FPS at v-sync, and cost less than an SB, how is an SB even an upgrade for gaming?
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
post #155 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared;12995540 
This is madness. Those tests are clearly bias. No way did they use the same gpu with each cpu.

AMD hath no bottleneck! Crysis is just a terrible game, thats why you need a Intel cpu to get playable frames, it's not because Intel is faster, it's because the game is bad.

Look here guys, this game here clearly makes use of 4 or more cores, yet an i3 with lower clocks beats a 1100T?

35047.png

Clearly AMD has no bottleneck, clearly these tests are all bias, even the website runs on the Intel compiler. Didn't you know back in 2002 Intel did bad things and got sued over it? They never changed, to this day AMD has the suprior product, those benches were done with two 6990s for Intel and 1 5770 for AMD, AMD hath no bottleneck.

lol, they said they used 5870 tongue.gif. I know u're kidding.

Okay guys, I'm going to start a new thread. Forget those sites and what they say. We're an community ... family (aawwwww). How about people who actually HAVE the two processors in question posting their framerates and clocks??? I'll do that shortly ... i just need to convince my Discrete math professor that I'm actually paying attention in class so I'll be a few mins ...
The Dark Knight
(13 items)
 
Rebirth
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K. 4.5Ghz (Summer Clocks) ASUS P8P67 Pro ( Rev 3.0 ) MSI 6970 Lightning (downclocked) CFX with MSI 6... 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB Spinpoint F3 +2TB F4(backups) Random LG drive Win7 SP1 64bit ASUS VH236H @1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Saitek Gaming keyboard ... >_> Corsair TX750 Rosewill Gear x3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D P8600 @ 2.4Ghz (undervolted) Crappy dell Studio XPS one 4670M (1GB) I don't remember... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 4x Blu-ray ROM Win7 SP1 64bit 15.6" WLED @ 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Old Saitek Gaming Keyboard 90W adapter 
  hide details  
The Dark Knight
(13 items)
 
Rebirth
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K. 4.5Ghz (Summer Clocks) ASUS P8P67 Pro ( Rev 3.0 ) MSI 6970 Lightning (downclocked) CFX with MSI 6... 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB Spinpoint F3 +2TB F4(backups) Random LG drive Win7 SP1 64bit ASUS VH236H @1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Saitek Gaming keyboard ... >_> Corsair TX750 Rosewill Gear x3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D P8600 @ 2.4Ghz (undervolted) Crappy dell Studio XPS one 4670M (1GB) I don't remember... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 4x Blu-ray ROM Win7 SP1 64bit 15.6" WLED @ 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Old Saitek Gaming Keyboard 90W adapter 
  hide details  
post #156 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardv;12978553 
Yes,intel is superior,it is always faster clock per clock than AMD,has better technology and microarchitecture design.

You are contradicting yourself man..

And yes, Intel cpus are faster in general (sometime) and A LOT faster in some cases; specially to drive multi gpus like the 6950/70 or 570/580 and thats..

Everyone whos a "follower" of AMD cards and praise about the performance/scaling in Crossfire think about this: your opinion WOULD NOT be the same if the tests were done wiht a AMD cpu..

There is a reason why every review have a OCed i7 cpu wink.gif


I really hope that change with Bulldozer, specially if its true about the SLi/Crossfire support sniper.gifbiggrin.gif
My System
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAM
ASUS M5A97 XFX 7770 Kingston HyperX  
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAM
ASUS M5A97 XFX 7770 Kingston HyperX  
  hide details  
post #157 of 200
comparison chart like that is misleading, it says 3,3GHz but we know how turbo is aggresive on these chips + how far away turbo shoots..

don´t forget that "tiny detail", it is important
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 6386SE G34r1 H8SGL Radeon R9 380X 32GB ECC_DDR3 1333 4ch 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 600 Pro Enterprise SSD WD Green+Black some water Win8.1_64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K120 TX850 Tai-chi M560 
AudioAudio
Xmos_u8_DAC; (diy Pluto 2A3/SE estat amp) STAX cookies 3pcs 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 6386SE G34r1 H8SGL Radeon R9 380X 32GB ECC_DDR3 1333 4ch 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 600 Pro Enterprise SSD WD Green+Black some water Win8.1_64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K120 TX850 Tai-chi M560 
AudioAudio
Xmos_u8_DAC; (diy Pluto 2A3/SE estat amp) STAX cookies 3pcs 
  hide details  
post #158 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietro sk;12995745 
comparison chart like that is misleading, it says 3,3GHz but we know how turbo is aggresive on these chips + how far away turbo shoots..

don´t forget that "tiny detail", it is important

^This too.
The Dark Knight
(13 items)
 
Rebirth
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K. 4.5Ghz (Summer Clocks) ASUS P8P67 Pro ( Rev 3.0 ) MSI 6970 Lightning (downclocked) CFX with MSI 6... 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB Spinpoint F3 +2TB F4(backups) Random LG drive Win7 SP1 64bit ASUS VH236H @1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Saitek Gaming keyboard ... >_> Corsair TX750 Rosewill Gear x3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D P8600 @ 2.4Ghz (undervolted) Crappy dell Studio XPS one 4670M (1GB) I don't remember... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 4x Blu-ray ROM Win7 SP1 64bit 15.6" WLED @ 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Old Saitek Gaming Keyboard 90W adapter 
  hide details  
The Dark Knight
(13 items)
 
Rebirth
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K. 4.5Ghz (Summer Clocks) ASUS P8P67 Pro ( Rev 3.0 ) MSI 6970 Lightning (downclocked) CFX with MSI 6... 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB Spinpoint F3 +2TB F4(backups) Random LG drive Win7 SP1 64bit ASUS VH236H @1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Saitek Gaming keyboard ... >_> Corsair TX750 Rosewill Gear x3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D P8600 @ 2.4Ghz (undervolted) Crappy dell Studio XPS one 4670M (1GB) I don't remember... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 4x Blu-ray ROM Win7 SP1 64bit 15.6" WLED @ 1080p 
KeyboardPower
Old Saitek Gaming Keyboard 90W adapter 
  hide details  
post #159 of 200
i remember one tester explaining, how far away sb shoots - "it was shortly visible, multiplier peaking up to 42x"
(?)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 6386SE G34r1 H8SGL Radeon R9 380X 32GB ECC_DDR3 1333 4ch 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 600 Pro Enterprise SSD WD Green+Black some water Win8.1_64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K120 TX850 Tai-chi M560 
AudioAudio
Xmos_u8_DAC; (diy Pluto 2A3/SE estat amp) STAX cookies 3pcs 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 6386SE G34r1 H8SGL Radeon R9 380X 32GB ECC_DDR3 1333 4ch 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 600 Pro Enterprise SSD WD Green+Black some water Win8.1_64 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K120 TX850 Tai-chi M560 
AudioAudio
Xmos_u8_DAC; (diy Pluto 2A3/SE estat amp) STAX cookies 3pcs 
  hide details  
post #160 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib007;12976807 
Apparently it does, hahaha. The biggest reason people put out is that games these days do not really use more than four cores. However, BFBC2 is an exception, which clearly uses all my six cores (it is theorised to be able to use up to eight cores). BF3 will probably be just as optimised (or more) for multi-threading. The major factor however is the architectural differences between Intel and AMD that end up making Intel's offerings significantly faster per clock cycle. Add in the factor that more than four cores is unnecessary for games (at the moment) and you just (currently!) can't beat an Intel Sandy Bridge CPU.

Of course, then there's the extreme overclockability of an Intel Sandy Bridge CPU. A Core i5-2500K at 4.0GHz beats a 1090T at 4.0GHz but add to the equation that the Core i5-2500K can probably hit 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz with ease whereas the 1090T has no chance and...you can do the math!

A lot of people have observed that even a 1090T at 4.0GHz has bottlenecked the likes of a Radeon 5870/6870/6970 (or the NVIDIA counterparts) whereas the Intel Sandy Bridge CPU at the same clock speed or even less has unleashed full GPU usage throughout gaming sessions.

Personally, if the Asus promise that my motherboard will support AMD Bulldozer AM3+ CPUs via a simple BIOS update follows through, I'll be hoping AMD Bulldozer can offer some high competitive edge. An eight-core one that beats Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs for gaming and rendering would be my (current) holy grail and I would definitely buy one such CPU. If however it fails to do this, then I will hold out until either Intel Ivy Bridge or whatever comes after that. It's not news that Intel is about two steps ahead of AMD and not accepting it is just lying to oneself. Hopefully AMD Bulldozer can even the score, though.

Bro I feel like you just slapped me with a bag of bum bells eek.gif I have noticed that the difference between intel and AMD are like night and day.

For example. My gaming laptop (look at sig) is a dual core Intel at 2.25GHz. But my first Gaming rid (in storage right now frown.gif) is at 3 GHZ (Phenom II 940 Black edition). I've noticed that playing NFS Shift or Tomb Raider or even NBA 2K11 on my laptop are smoother than on my 1st Gaming Rid. Which Boggles my mind. I can't understand why when I did the NBA 2K10 benchmark with a 940 BE + 8600 GTS SLI I got 46fps. But with this gaming Laptop (look at sig) I get 55fps.

There really seems to be some serious architectural design flaws on AMD's part. Because it still confuses me that a 2.2GHz at 1440x900 with a 9800m GTS is beating a 1280x1024 (I can't get nv-surrond to work with NBA 2k10, If I did it'll be 3840x1024) 3GHz, 8600GTS SLI setup.

So in short I would say. Yes (in my case) Intel is Superior.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Interl P8400 (stock 2.26 Ghz) Intel PM45 Express 1GB DDR3 9800m GTS 4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X 250GB Raid-0 (7200 RPM) Some 8X +/- DL Thing Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 17" 1440x900 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
120 Watts (I think) Stock Kensington CI60 A sheet of paper :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 940 BE (stock) K9A2 Platinum (w/ 6 core bios) HD6850 (Crossfired) Infineon 4GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250GB 7200.10, 320GB 7200.10 16x DVD -/+ RW Ultra X5 Carbon  Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3X Envision 17" LCD's 3840 x 1024 Digital Media Pro Coolmax CUG-950b (100% modular) Sunbeam Transformer 
MouseMouse Pad
AULA Killing the Soul Gaming Mouse cheap 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Interl P8400 (stock 2.26 Ghz) Intel PM45 Express 1GB DDR3 9800m GTS 4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X 250GB Raid-0 (7200 RPM) Some 8X +/- DL Thing Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 17" 1440x900 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
120 Watts (I think) Stock Kensington CI60 A sheet of paper :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 940 BE (stock) K9A2 Platinum (w/ 6 core bios) HD6850 (Crossfired) Infineon 4GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250GB 7200.10, 320GB 7200.10 16x DVD -/+ RW Ultra X5 Carbon  Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3X Envision 17" LCD's 3840 x 1024 Digital Media Pro Coolmax CUG-950b (100% modular) Sunbeam Transformer 
MouseMouse Pad
AULA Killing the Soul Gaming Mouse cheap 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Is Intel really that superior in gaming?