Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › WC Kit advise [EK 240 HF ORDERED :)]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WC Kit advise [EK 240 HF ORDERED :)]

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I'm idling at 47c right now and max temp in prime95 is 84c

I think its time for water guyz

how is this water kit EK-KIT H3O - Supreme LT 120 ?

Parts:
- EK-Supreme LT - UNI (universal CPU block based on EK-Supreme LT)
- EK-Backplate CPU Universal
- EK-CoolStream RAD XT (120)
- Yate Loon D12SH (2200rpm)
- EK-DCP 2.2 Pump
- EK-Reservoir Combo DCP 2.2
- EK-DCP PUMP mounting plate KIT
- TUBE Masterkleer 12,7/9,5 CLEAR (2 meters)
- EK-PSC Fitting 10mm - G1/4 Nickel (6 pcs)
- EK-Ekoolant UV Blue (concentrate 100ml)
- TIM Arctic Cooling MX-2 (EKWB 2g)


thanks in advance
Edited by Faisal11iraq - 4/5/11 at 8:32pm
post #2 of 15
Ek kits are good might want to go with the 240 rad though. Also there is the Supreme HF 240 kit from them I would go with the Supreme kit because the cpu block is one of the best on the market and its only 40$ more for the better cpu block and more rad. From XSPC you can choose the RX360 if you want to add a gpu or RX240 for cpu only.

You will also need a kill coil and I would suggest distilled water over the coolant.
Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI Radeon HD 5970 6 GB Corsair Dominator Tri-Channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32 GB OCZ SSD, 2x 150 GB WD Velociraptor 10000 rpm Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 2x Acer AL1622W Cyborg Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
850 W Corsair Modular Cool Master HAF 932 Logitec MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI Radeon HD 5970 6 GB Corsair Dominator Tri-Channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32 GB OCZ SSD, 2x 150 GB WD Velociraptor 10000 rpm Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 2x Acer AL1622W Cyborg Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
850 W Corsair Modular Cool Master HAF 932 Logitec MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksniper View Post
Ek kits are good might want to go with the 240 rad though. Also there is the Supreme HF 240 kit from them I would go with the Supreme kit because the cpu block is one of the best on the market and its only 40$ more for the better cpu block and more rad. From XSPC you can choose the RX360 if you want to add a gpu or RX240 for cpu only.

You will also need a kill coil and I would suggest distilled water over the coolant.
The kit is mostly for the cpu because i change video cards fast these days but is the 120 rad enough for cpu @ 4ghz also the pump and small res ?
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal11iraq View Post
The kit is mostly for the cpu because i change video cards fast these days but is the 120 rad enough for cpu @ 4ghz also the pump and small res ?
no get the rx240 rasa kit and you are good to go
Case Labs th10
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
970 evga 4way 2 gtx590 6gigs muskin ram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2tb wd,128 ssd/crucial lg dvd koolance gtx590 block x 2 white heatkiller 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RX480 rad x2 MCP35x (X2) gentle typhoons 1850 rpm (8) xigamtek fans  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win pro 64bit samsung 2343 x3 6144x1152 logitech g19 silverstone 1500watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
case labs th10 deathadder 3500dpi cheap one Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty C... 
Other
XSPC dual bay reservoir  
  hide details  
Reply
Case Labs th10
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
970 evga 4way 2 gtx590 6gigs muskin ram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2tb wd,128 ssd/crucial lg dvd koolance gtx590 block x 2 white heatkiller 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RX480 rad x2 MCP35x (X2) gentle typhoons 1850 rpm (8) xigamtek fans  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win pro 64bit samsung 2343 x3 6144x1152 logitech g19 silverstone 1500watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
case labs th10 deathadder 3500dpi cheap one Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty C... 
Other
XSPC dual bay reservoir  
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
how about the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 ? i found it for 129$ is it that different from the RX240 ?
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
i'll go for the EK KIT H3O - Supreme LT 240 it'll cost 290$ in total with the shipping
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal11iraq View Post
how about the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 ? i found it for 129$ is it that different from the RX240 ?
I am in the EXACT predicament! lol. I noticed my temps where kinda high last night with my 920 at 4ghz (mid-high 40's C), so I toned it down to lower my temps. That is with a H50, which I thought would give me some better temps, but obviously it didnt. Right now, I have both different products opened up in different windows online and im compairing them as we speak. Trying to figure out if something is coming with the XSPC package, which would make the price difference so great, or if the EK-KIT H3O - Supreme HF 360 Liquid Cooling Kit is better. This is also my first water kit. Also doing reviews on youtube lol. Anyone else have any suggestions?

PS: I personally am leaning towards the EK-KIT, since it seems it has everything and has good reviews from what I've seen. I am also going to be purchasing from sidewindercomputers.
Redrum
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4 Ghz Asus Rampage III Extreme Asus 580 DCII OCZ 12gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility Corsair Force GT 7200 HDD 7200 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
8x Asus Bluray Windows 7 Home 64, Ubuntu 11.04 Samsung 27" LCD Ducky MX Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850 Corsair 800D Steel Series Sensei Steel Series 9HD 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar STX A900 (music/FPS), G930 (MMO/vent) 
  hide details  
Reply
Redrum
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4 Ghz Asus Rampage III Extreme Asus 580 DCII OCZ 12gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility Corsair Force GT 7200 HDD 7200 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
8x Asus Bluray Windows 7 Home 64, Ubuntu 11.04 Samsung 27" LCD Ducky MX Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850 Corsair 800D Steel Series Sensei Steel Series 9HD 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar STX A900 (music/FPS), G930 (MMO/vent) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldoh74 View Post
I am in the EXACT predicament! lol. I noticed my temps where kinda high last night with my 920 at 4ghz (mid-high 40's C), so I toned it down to lower my temps. That is with a H50, which I thought would give me some better temps, but obviously it didnt. Right now, I have both different products opened up in different windows online and im compairing them as we speak. Trying to figure out if something is coming with the XSPC package, which would make the price difference so great, or if the EK-KIT H3O - Supreme HF 360 Liquid Cooling Kit is better. This is also my first water kit. Also doing reviews on youtube lol. Anyone else have any suggestions?

PS: I personally am leaning towards the EK-KIT, since it seems it has everything and has good reviews from what I've seen. I am also going to be purchasing from sidewindercomputers.
loool that's what i've been doing since yesterday checking like 4 products "XSPC 240 & EKWB 240 & Phobya 240 & custom kit" and checking youtube lol its so confusing, however i was leaning to the EK-Kit specially the LT 240 because i found it for really good price with international shipping.

the XSPC comes with everything needed it even give a very nice look to the case front since it got the dual bay res, XSPC users are a lot but i lean to EK more.
post #9 of 15
If you go XSPC, you'll want to order new tubing as well. I hear, and have seen that the included tubing from XSPC is garbage. It clouds up and looks murky, even with clean distilled water running through it.
post #10 of 15
OMG yes it is confusing! I'm sure though after this first watercooling attempt it will all make much more sense. I am currently watching reviews/installation guides for the XSPC kit. I think that if I do go with for a starter kit, it will be this one. Simply because it is cheaper. But I am also starting to think of just making my own build piece by piece. Gonna do some more research.
Redrum
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4 Ghz Asus Rampage III Extreme Asus 580 DCII OCZ 12gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility Corsair Force GT 7200 HDD 7200 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
8x Asus Bluray Windows 7 Home 64, Ubuntu 11.04 Samsung 27" LCD Ducky MX Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850 Corsair 800D Steel Series Sensei Steel Series 9HD 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar STX A900 (music/FPS), G930 (MMO/vent) 
  hide details  
Reply
Redrum
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4 Ghz Asus Rampage III Extreme Asus 580 DCII OCZ 12gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility Corsair Force GT 7200 HDD 7200 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
8x Asus Bluray Windows 7 Home 64, Ubuntu 11.04 Samsung 27" LCD Ducky MX Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 850 Corsair 800D Steel Series Sensei Steel Series 9HD 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar STX A900 (music/FPS), G930 (MMO/vent) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › WC Kit advise [EK 240 HF ORDERED :)]