Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Which cpu to pick?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which cpu to pick? - Page 8

post #71 of 96
I build another PC with 2000 bucks from upgrade my hd4860 to single 6950!!
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by -X3- View Post
I can also show a benchmark in which the Phenom II outperforms the 2500k, so?

Landyzhu, what do you want? I don't have cake for you, come back tomorrow.
if you think your X2 ok, stay with it, or go for better, OK?
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by landyzhu View Post
if you think your X2 ok, stay with it, or go for better, OK?
Eh? Either you are trolling badly and don't have any idea what is being discussed here, or your IQ is dropping exponentially. Choose the correct answer.

What does my system has to do with this?
Refined
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k GIGABYTE Z97X-UD3H-BK MSI R9 290 w/ Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 G.SKILL Sniper 2x8GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD Crucial MX300 1050GB Disconnected Noctua NH-C14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 PRO x64 DELL U2312HM Teac SeaSonic S12II-620 80PLUS BRONZE 
CaseMouse
TMS Custom Built LIMITED EDITION Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Refined
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k GIGABYTE Z97X-UD3H-BK MSI R9 290 w/ Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 G.SKILL Sniper 2x8GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD Crucial MX300 1050GB Disconnected Noctua NH-C14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 PRO x64 DELL U2312HM Teac SeaSonic S12II-620 80PLUS BRONZE 
CaseMouse
TMS Custom Built LIMITED EDITION Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by -X3- View Post
Eh? Either you are trolling badly and don't have any idea what is being discussed here, or your IQ is dropping exponentially. Choose the correct answer.

What does my system has to do with this?
oops~~~~~~
Again,
IF you think intel is what you want,then go, OK?
IF you think AMD is what you want,then go, OK?
Let me know if still have question?
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 96
If thats your budget you shouldnt even be considering an AMD cpu theres no reason to end up spending near the same amount to have inferior, and less user freindly hardware. Anyone with AMD experience knows that, its like letting the bios handle stock.

Let me give you a real life example. My freind had a budget of a around 700, not including monitor. We finally settled that at the time it would be better for him to get a X2 555BE it was like 88 bucks at the time.

Well after much frustration I determined the CPU didnt unlock and he we didnt particularly like the board and the router was a POS! so we sent all 3 back and got a x4 810, nicer Asus board, and router and it came out being like a 10 dollar difference.

Right now he has it around 3.8 ghz and to be honest my old Core2duo at 3.6 was quicker. Not in some games that were really CPU dependent but in most situations. I just got myself a Q6600 recentely and I have to say its no competition between the two.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5506  Intel DX58SO Evga GTX 460 1GB 8gb Ramaxel 12800u  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
x2 Western Digital 500 RAID0 Stock Intel Windows 10 x64 Vizio  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Seasonic 650 Lian Li V1200 Microsoft Comfort Mouse 
Audio
Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5506  Intel DX58SO Evga GTX 460 1GB 8gb Ramaxel 12800u  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
x2 Western Digital 500 RAID0 Stock Intel Windows 10 x64 Vizio  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Seasonic 650 Lian Li V1200 Microsoft Comfort Mouse 
Audio
Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillmiester View Post
If thats your budget you shouldnt even be considering an AMD cpu theres no reason to end up spending near the same amount to have inferior, and less user freindly hardware. Anyone with AMD experience knows that, its like letting the bios handle stock.

Let me give you a real life example. My freind had a budget of a around 700, not including monitor. We finally settled that at the time it would be better for him to get a X2 555BE it was like 88 bucks at the time.

Well after much frustration I determined the CPU didnt unlock and he we didnt particularly like the board and the router was a POS! so we sent all 3 back and got a x4 810, nicer Asus board, and router and it came out being like a 10 dollar difference.

Right now he has it around 3.8 ghz and to be honest my old Core2duo at 3.6 was quicker. Not in some games that were really CPU dependent but in most situations. I just got myself a Q6600 recentely and I have to say its no competition between the two.
What? Why are you comparing dual cores? You are 4 pages too late, we have already determined the OP wants to get a quad core for his budget. Get out of the AMD Forums!
post #77 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by landyzhu View Post
oops~~~~~~
Again,
IF you think intel is what you want,then go, OK?
IF you think AMD is what you want,then go, OK?
Let me know if still have question?
I'm searching the face palm poster, can't find it...
Refined
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k GIGABYTE Z97X-UD3H-BK MSI R9 290 w/ Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 G.SKILL Sniper 2x8GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD Crucial MX300 1050GB Disconnected Noctua NH-C14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 PRO x64 DELL U2312HM Teac SeaSonic S12II-620 80PLUS BRONZE 
CaseMouse
TMS Custom Built LIMITED EDITION Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Refined
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k GIGABYTE Z97X-UD3H-BK MSI R9 290 w/ Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 G.SKILL Sniper 2x8GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD Crucial MX300 1050GB Disconnected Noctua NH-C14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 PRO x64 DELL U2312HM Teac SeaSonic S12II-620 80PLUS BRONZE 
CaseMouse
TMS Custom Built LIMITED EDITION Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
What? Why are you comparing dual cores? You are 4 pages too late, we have already determined the OP wants to get a quad core for his budget. Get out of the AMD Forums!


You deserve such a facepalm. I think I was able to determine that,

This is completely relevant to what the OP asked and is an honest observation from working with the hardware. So you can get out of her with your nonsense.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5506  Intel DX58SO Evga GTX 460 1GB 8gb Ramaxel 12800u  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
x2 Western Digital 500 RAID0 Stock Intel Windows 10 x64 Vizio  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Seasonic 650 Lian Li V1200 Microsoft Comfort Mouse 
Audio
Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5506  Intel DX58SO Evga GTX 460 1GB 8gb Ramaxel 12800u  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
x2 Western Digital 500 RAID0 Stock Intel Windows 10 x64 Vizio  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Seasonic 650 Lian Li V1200 Microsoft Comfort Mouse 
Audio
Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by -X3- View Post
I'm searching the face palm poster, can't find it...
you should serach apple and orange
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
2600K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Giga P67 UD7 B3 MSI 6950 Unlocked and CF gskill 1600 4gbxh 4x2gb @8-11-8-2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel 25-Vx4 RAID0 Samsung P2450H x1, Dell U2311H x2 HXCN 850 LianLi K58 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillmiester View Post
You deserve such a facepalm. I think I was able to determine that,

This is completely relevant to what the OP asked and is an honest observation from working with the hardware. So you can get out of her with your nonsense.
It is completely irrelevant. You should open your eyes and read the ENTIRE thread before posting, the OP has already indicated that he wants to go with a quad core.

Cliffs.
- OP asks which CPU is better AMD x2 or x4, for his rig
- AMD Members respond with "what is your budget"
- Budget is established at $1,000-$1200 OR CHEAPER
- AMD Members recommend Phenom II x4 955BE or 965BE
- Intel heroes show up and start spewing off in typical fashion for 4 pages
- "Dillmiester's" post comparing the x2 and Core Duo 2 Q6660, which is 5 pages of discussion too late
- AMD member calls him out
- /facepalms start all over again.

Did I get that right?

OP don't listen to all this nonsense, go with what you want, IMO the Phenom II x4 965BE is perfect for you right now, leaving room to upgrade a year from now when the Bulldozer is cheaper.

You don't need to blow $2000+ on a comparable Intel rig regardless how these guys "think" that it will perform better.

*EDIT* for the record the human eye can only see up to the maximum monitor refresh rate IE 30Hz, 60Hz, 120Hz, etc.
Edited by ajmidd12 - 4/5/11 at 12:20pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Which cpu to pick?