Originally Posted by ajmidd12
It is completely irrelevant. You should open your eyes and read the ENTIRE thread before posting, the OP has already indicated that he wants to go with a quad core.
- OP asks which CPU is better AMD x2 or x4, for his rig
- AMD Members respond with "what is your budget"
- Budget is established at $1,000-$1200 OR CHEAPER
- AMD Members recommend Phenom II x4 955BE or 965BE
- Intel heroes show up and start spewing off in typical fashion for 4 pages
- "Dillmiester's" post comparing the x2 and Core Duo 2 Q6660, which is 5 pages of discussion too late
- AMD member calls him out
- /facepalms start all over again.
Did I get that right?
OP don't listen to all this nonsense, go with what you want, IMO the Phenom II x4 965BE is perfect for you right now, leaving room to upgrade a year from now when the Bulldozer is cheaper.
You don't need to blow $2000+ on a comparable Intel rig regardless how these guys "think" that it will perform better.
*EDIT* for the record the human eye can only see up to the maximum monitor refresh rate IE 30Hz, 60Hz, 120Hz, etc.
What's wrong with you? It has to be a language barrier or something.
I listed an Intel config that cost 1180ish after taxes in CANADIAN dollars. You or some other coolster with a similar config said he paid 1100 for his AMD rig.
A Phenom II would be fine if he had a setup and only needed a drop in chip. It would be fine if he had 800 max to work with. With a nice budget of over 1000 human dollars, he can buy a better system.
As for your refresh rate comment.. Which is it? It can only see 3 different things? Do you mean to say you can only see 30fps, 60fps and 120fps and no middle ground?
With comments like that you are really showing that it may not be a language barrier preventing you from frothing at the mouth and actually reading what people are typing out and just flat out ignorance and a general menace to hardware enthusiast community and universe in general.