Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TR] Nvidia, Asus put the clamps on GTX 590 voltage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TR] Nvidia, Asus put the clamps on GTX 590 voltage - Page 14  

post #131 of 224
I think the reason people see the 590 a FAIL is because everyone though it would be better than the 6990.

Now you can argue that at stock they trade blows and noise and all that but what you absolutely cannot say is that Gtx590 = Fastest video card in the world.

If you've ever bought anything this expensive for your computer ( i haven't but close on my WC loop ) you know what it would be like to do that and then listen to a bunch of people tell you it sucks.

I know this sounds campfire like but I think we can be better to each other than that.
Goliath
(13 items)
 
fBSD
(10 items)
 
pfSense Box
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 Gigabyte z87x-ud3h Intel HD4600 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Swiftech Polaris Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Korean 1440p WASD 104 key v2 - mx Blue switches Corsair HX-650 v2 Lian Li pc-a05n 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700k Asus z68 Deluxe Gen 3 Gt 610 8 Gb Samsung Magic Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
WD Green WD Green FreeBSD 10 OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G1620 Asus z68 Deluxe 9500 GT Corsair Value Ram 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Agility SSD pfSense / FreeBSD SSH via LAN Antec 520w Gamer 
OtherOtherOther
Intel PCIe Dual Gigabit LAN card. D-Link Gigabit 8 port Switch Apple Airport Extreme N - for wireless access. 
  hide details  
Goliath
(13 items)
 
fBSD
(10 items)
 
pfSense Box
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 Gigabyte z87x-ud3h Intel HD4600 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Swiftech Polaris Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Korean 1440p WASD 104 key v2 - mx Blue switches Corsair HX-650 v2 Lian Li pc-a05n 
Mouse
Logitech G600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700k Asus z68 Deluxe Gen 3 Gt 610 8 Gb Samsung Magic Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
WD Green WD Green FreeBSD 10 OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G1620 Asus z68 Deluxe 9500 GT Corsair Value Ram 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Agility SSD pfSense / FreeBSD SSH via LAN Antec 520w Gamer 
OtherOtherOther
Intel PCIe Dual Gigabit LAN card. D-Link Gigabit 8 port Switch Apple Airport Extreme N - for wireless access. 
  hide details  
post #132 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
LOL, I love the straw man arguments that this board readily provides from users

I had my card at 850mhz at home on the I7 980x because I had been asked to by the community...See how far it can go! I obliged.

Now, it's simply not worth it, going to 800+mhz IMO so, I now have it stock at 750mhz again because I can.

I did not purchase this card to overclock...I bought it as it was originally advertised as: A dual GPU solution.

You have no right to tell me why I bought my cards...You have no right to KNOW why I bought my cards, that's my business...That being said; I absolutely bought it for convenience; I write my own drivers, often...

This card provides me with the ease to take it a step further and customize it to my own liking.

That doesn't mean I'm here to compete or to argue that it's better because, I really don't care...Cherry picking a single statement TO the 590 community and taking it 100% out of context, isn't helping your debate.

I still don't understand why you care...Rumadecuzudidntget1? That's all I can really come up with atm.

I think the diversion here is the fact that it performs weaker than stock at this "850" you claim. That's even considering if the vrm's are able to sustain the abuse from the amount of current that frequency and voltage would produce. Or the fact that anything other than an 850 gpuz capture is an impossibility when trying to render anything beyond minesweeper.

I think the reason you have a lot of people slashing your wagon wheels are because of the proof-less claims.
Edited by JeremiahTheBullfrog - 4/6/11 at 2:13pm
post #133 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
I know, I was not saying that you do, what I'm saying that we, 590 owners, are not jealous of the 6990 either. We do not want to put you down because of your purchase, and we would appreciate if you would refrain from doing so as well.
But why are you pointing a finger at me only?

I read a lot of ''590 will catch in fire!'', ''590 is FAIL'', ''but the 6990 won't catch in fire'' ''who is stupid enough to buy 2 590!'' everywhere, but I never see any 590 owner answering those posts. And those are alot worst and childish then what I'm posting. But it's ok for them to do it?

Is it only because I'm expressing some points that are ''rubbing it in''? I think it's because 590 owners, deep inside, know I'm right, and are simply not happy with the card they bought. Or, at the subcounscious level at least, that's really how they feel. And it's my opinion, and I have all the right to express it. Is it because I'm touching a ''sensible zone''?

Please explain this me. Why me, and not all the ''590 = fire', ''590 = FAIL'' that we can read in every threads about the 590 all over the place? Why I am a target for the unsatisfaction of the 590 owners? I know it's annoying to read all the negative comments about your new ''toy''. But, sadly, in the case of the 590, all those negative comments are true. And I'm far from beeing alone saying that. It's all over the internet.
Edited by Levesque - 4/6/11 at 2:09pm
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-5930k @ 4.9  i7-3930k @ 5.1 (2nd rig) Asus Rampage V (X99) + Asus Rampage IV (2nd rig) 2X Nvidia 1080 Ti SLI watercooled 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2X Nvidia 980 Ti SLI watercooled (2nd rig)  4X8GB=32GB G.Skill DDR4-2700 4X4GB=16GB Ripjaws DDR3 2400 CL9 (2nd rig) 3X Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 250GB 3XSeagate 3TB LG Blu-ray writer 2X Quad-120 MCR420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2X Triple-120 MCR320 + 1X Triple-120 Feser 2X Dual-120 XSPC RX240 32 Gentle Typhoon fans (mix of 3000 and 1850rpm) Reservoir 2X Koolance RP-452x2 with 4X MCP655 p... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK Supreme HF CPU waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU IPS G-Sync 2440p (main rig) 3X 30'... CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S MX blue switch, C... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCP1200 + AX850 dual PSU main rig, AX120... Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 ... Logitech G502 x 2 PSB speakers 5.1 
  hide details  
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-5930k @ 4.9  i7-3930k @ 5.1 (2nd rig) Asus Rampage V (X99) + Asus Rampage IV (2nd rig) 2X Nvidia 1080 Ti SLI watercooled 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2X Nvidia 980 Ti SLI watercooled (2nd rig)  4X8GB=32GB G.Skill DDR4-2700 4X4GB=16GB Ripjaws DDR3 2400 CL9 (2nd rig) 3X Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 250GB 3XSeagate 3TB LG Blu-ray writer 2X Quad-120 MCR420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2X Triple-120 MCR320 + 1X Triple-120 Feser 2X Dual-120 XSPC RX240 32 Gentle Typhoon fans (mix of 3000 and 1850rpm) Reservoir 2X Koolance RP-452x2 with 4X MCP655 p... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK Supreme HF CPU waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU IPS G-Sync 2440p (main rig) 3X 30'... CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S MX blue switch, C... 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCP1200 + AX850 dual PSU main rig, AX120... Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 ... Logitech G502 x 2 PSB speakers 5.1 
  hide details  
post #134 of 224
AMD has won this round...
post #135 of 224
Why N WHY?

AMD>Nvidia

TKO.
Core
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz Asus P6X58D-E Diamond XOC 4870/512 @ 800//4400 Corsair 3x4gb DDR1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x500GB WD RE2 Raid0 Asus Combo, Asus Combo Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2408h Wide Saitek Eclipse II Corsair HX850W Antec 900 Two 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Black as in Dark abyss 
  hide details  
Core
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz Asus P6X58D-E Diamond XOC 4870/512 @ 800//4400 Corsair 3x4gb DDR1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x500GB WD RE2 Raid0 Asus Combo, Asus Combo Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2408h Wide Saitek Eclipse II Corsair HX850W Antec 900 Two 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Mediaplay Cordless Black as in Dark abyss 
  hide details  
post #136 of 224
I shed a tear for all those awesome cherry-picked GPUs that will never get to unleash their true potential, confined to the prison of that gimped hardware.
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
post #137 of 224
the gtx 590 = 9800gx2. two failure products from the history of nvidia.

(although the 9800gx2 was plagued by immature drivers, the gtx 590 is a design disaster)
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
post #138 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahTheBullfrog View Post
I think the diversion here is the fact that it performs weaker than stock at this "850" you claim. That's even considering if the vrm's are able to sustain the abuse from the amount of current that frequency and voltage would produce. Or the fact that anything other than an 850 gpuz capture is an impossibility when trying to render anything beyond minesweeper.

I think the reason you have a lot of people slashing your wagon wheels are because of the proof-less claims.
Nobody is slashing my wagon wheels but in this thread...That tell you much?

Are screenshots in the 590 thread of 750...850mhz was just .17v away from that so...care to try again?
post #139 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
But why are you pointing a finger at me only?

I read a lot of ''590 will catch in fire!'', ''590 is FAIL'', ''but the 6990 won't catch in fire'' ''who is stupid enough to buy 2 590!'' everywhere, but I never see any 590 owner answering those posts. And those are alot worst and childish then what I'm posting. But it's ok for them to do it?

Is it only because I'm expressing some points that are ''rubbing it in''? I think it's because 590 owners, deep inside, know I'm right, and are simply not happy with the card they bought. Or, at the subcounscious level at least, that's really how they feel. And it's my opinion, and I have all the right to express it. Is it because I'm touching a ''sensible zone''?

Please explain this me. Why me, and not all the ''590 = fire', ''590 = FAIL'' that we can read in every threads about the 590 all over the place? Why I am a target for the unsatisfaction of the 590 owners? I know it's annoying to read all the negative comments about your new ''toy''. But, sadly, in the case of the 590, all those negative comments are true. And I'm far from beeing alone saying that. It's all over the internet.
Okay.

Your straw manning...You're picking on arguments that since a certain date have NOT re-occurred...That's old news.

Find me NEW news of someone's card blowing up...Find me NEW news of someone's card failing...

This isn't Obama won the election...This is Obama's 3 years in...Catch up with recent events already.
post #140 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminally incorrect View Post
the gtx 590 = 9800gx2. two failure products from the history of nvidia.

(although the 9800gx2 was plagued by immature drivers, the gtx 590 is a design disaster)
after the drivers matured (perhaps too late in the 9800GX2's life) it was a good card. i wouldnt call it a total failure.
 
Simba
(16 items)
 
Gulftown Memories
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @3.6GHz Asus Maximus II Formula EVGA GTX 570 @900 Core 4GB (aww yea) GeiL Black Dragons 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
128GB Crucial M4 Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200.14 2TB Western Digital Red 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DVD R/RW SATA x24 Prolimatech Megahalems Boss Status 2x 1850rpm Scythe Gentle Typhoons 2x Sanyo Denki San Ace 9G1212H1011 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Scythe Ultra Kaze 3k Windows 8 Pro Dell S2740 27 Inch IPS Das Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale90 1000W Antec P280 Steelseries Sensei Steelseries QCK Mini 
AudioOther
Fiio E9 to Asus Xonar DX (headphone amp AND DAC) Sennheiser HD598 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 5GHz 1.43V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TB MSI Twinfrozr III 7870 2x4GB Samsung Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB Crucial M4 1TB Caviar Blue, 640GB Caviar Blue 2x2TB Western Digital Reds coming Prolimatech Megahalems w/ 2x San Ace H1011's pu... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 32 inch Toshiba LCD, 24 inch Dell ST2412L Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid Antec Truepower New 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P280 Razer Deathadder 1800dpi frankenstein! just hdmi audio to the tv for now 
  hide details  
 
Simba
(16 items)
 
Gulftown Memories
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @3.6GHz Asus Maximus II Formula EVGA GTX 570 @900 Core 4GB (aww yea) GeiL Black Dragons 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
128GB Crucial M4 Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200.14 2TB Western Digital Red 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DVD R/RW SATA x24 Prolimatech Megahalems Boss Status 2x 1850rpm Scythe Gentle Typhoons 2x Sanyo Denki San Ace 9G1212H1011 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1x Scythe Ultra Kaze 3k Windows 8 Pro Dell S2740 27 Inch IPS Das Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale90 1000W Antec P280 Steelseries Sensei Steelseries QCK Mini 
AudioOther
Fiio E9 to Asus Xonar DX (headphone amp AND DAC) Sennheiser HD598 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 5GHz 1.43V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TB MSI Twinfrozr III 7870 2x4GB Samsung Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB Crucial M4 1TB Caviar Blue, 640GB Caviar Blue 2x2TB Western Digital Reds coming Prolimatech Megahalems w/ 2x San Ace H1011's pu... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 32 inch Toshiba LCD, 24 inch Dell ST2412L Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid Antec Truepower New 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P280 Razer Deathadder 1800dpi frankenstein! just hdmi audio to the tv for now 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TR] Nvidia, Asus put the clamps on GTX 590 voltage