Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA puts my RMA on hold.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA puts my RMA on hold. - Page 3

post #21 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybastard View Post
I think what really matters here is that you agreed that you made those two marks in the first two pictures and regardless of the other scratches your RMA would still have been denied.

Cut your losses and get a better 1366 board. My brother was able to find a RIIE on ebay for $150 shipped and that will run circles around your E758.
The problem is that I don't have enough money right now to get a new board.

I would pay for the replacement if it was $60 or something. But $199 for a few scratches? The motherboard would've worked even if it had a few scratches on it.

EVGA obviously damaged my board further so it could warrant a replacement fee.
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X758 2 GTX 570's 6GB ocz ram @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
100gb OCZ Agility 2 & 1tb WD HDD Windows 7 x64 ASUS MK241H Zalman 1000W 
Case
800D 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X758 2 GTX 570's 6GB ocz ram @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
100gb OCZ Agility 2 & 1tb WD HDD Windows 7 x64 ASUS MK241H Zalman 1000W 
Case
800D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofiy92 View Post
The problem is that I don't have enough money right now to get a new board.

I would pay for the replacement if it was $60 or something. But $199 for a few scratches? The motherboard would've worked even if it had a few scratches on it.

EVGA obviously damaged my board further so it could warrant a replacement fee.
this may be so but maybe it seems evga is low enough to sell weak enough hardware to actually have to come to the point of damaging rma's purposely to cover there ass after 4 initial failures--- what can you do? do you really wanna shell more money out to a company you've already had 4 failures from? and whom deny your return and want to charge you for your return? Im telling you, bite the bullet (you're gonna have to no matter what) and tell them to bite it, and go get a real board like asus/gigabyte
---eYe SeVen---
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4415 mhz Gigabyte X58A-OC ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII G.Skill 6gb 2000 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M 120GB SSD Lite On/Asus Corsair/Asus DCUII Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED HDMI Microsoft SideWinder X4 ABS Majesty 900watt Corsair Special Edition White 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Xtrac PADS FAT MAT HT Omega STRIKER 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
---eYe SeVen---
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4415 mhz Gigabyte X58A-OC ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII G.Skill 6gb 2000 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M 120GB SSD Lite On/Asus Corsair/Asus DCUII Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED HDMI Microsoft SideWinder X4 ABS Majesty 900watt Corsair Special Edition White 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Xtrac PADS FAT MAT HT Omega STRIKER 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 45
I don't mean to play devils advocate here, but I have worked in tech services for over 35 years and some of the things that people have sent in for repair are just to wild to believe sometimes.
The biggest thing I have to ask is "Why in the world do you think that EVGA would even think about damaging your board to avoid the RMA?". Is there an sane thought to that at all? I didn't think so.
You yourself admit to some scratches on the board so they are well within right to believe that you caused the other ones as well. Trust me the folks who work at these places are told to be careful just to avoid lawsuits, but they also follow a set of rules governing how things are handled.
You also state that this is the 5th time you have RMA'ed the card which does tend to make them tend to wonder a little about things (been there - seen that).

Bottom line for RMAing parts is to document, document, document !!! You can't take enough photos (the number one thing which will win your case with any manufacturer in a dispute) or write up enough descriptions of problems and what you did to try and repair/fix the trouble yourself.
Tech people like to see notes on things you tried because it helps them understand the problem better; they can sometimes see the trouble just from the description of troubles; and it helps speed things up for them which comes down to "time is money" and the boss loves to see things go quickly.
Also it shows that you are just trying to get your problem fixed and not out to "screw the company" as it were just to get something newer, faster, better more than your part repaired (been there - seen that all too often).
And if you are up front and straight forward with the company and have photos and documentation to prove your point, they will be more than happy to set you up with a newer model part since it really is in their best interest to make you a satisfied customer as well as it saves them money in the long run on not getting an RMA back many times if possible.
I don't want to come across bad, but in my personal opinion you must not be handling the RMA's very well with EVGA. As a tech myself I probably would have offered you an upgrade board for free (or minimal charge) after the 2nd RMA on this one, unless you were ranting and raving about things.
Though I am not privy to all the details of your dealings with them so take that as my own personal experience and not law okay?
Times are much tougher now days for companies to make a buck with all the competetion out there and remember that you are just a number to them so anything you can do to stand out as just a little better will work wonders in your favor.

Sorry to rant, but I have seen this way too often.
Bill
Edited by Beeiilll - 4/6/11 at 4:59am
My Toy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 2.4GHz EVGA nForce 680i EVGA GTS450 1GB 2x2GB OCZ2N800SR4GK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 - 250GB Maxtor SATA & 1 Vertex 2 - 60GB SSD DVD/CD Windows 7 Pro x64 22" Viewsonic VG2230wm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic 4000 Corsair HX1000 Thermaltake Armour with 25cm side fan Intellimouse 4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
My Toy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 2.4GHz EVGA nForce 680i EVGA GTS450 1GB 2x2GB OCZ2N800SR4GK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 - 250GB Maxtor SATA & 1 Vertex 2 - 60GB SSD DVD/CD Windows 7 Pro x64 22" Viewsonic VG2230wm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Ergonomic 4000 Corsair HX1000 Thermaltake Armour with 25cm side fan Intellimouse 4.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeiilll View Post
I don't mean to play devils advocate here, but I have worked in tech services for over 35 years and some of the things that people have sent in for repair are just to wild to believe sometimes.
The biggest thing I have to ask is "Why in the world do you think that EVGA would even think about damaging your board to avoid the RMA?". Is there an sane thought to that at all? I didn't think so.
You yourself admit to some scratches on the board so they are well within right to believe that you caused the other ones as well. Trust me the folks who work at these places are told to be careful just to avoid lawsuits, but they also follow a set of rules governing how things are handled.
You also state that this is the 5th time you have RMA'ed the card which does tend to make them tend to wonder a little about things (been there - seen that).

Bottom line for RMAing parts is to document, document, document !!! You can't take enough photos (the number one thing which will win your case with any manufacturer in a dispute) or write up enough descriptions of problems and what you did to try and repair/fix the trouble yourself.
Tech people like to see notes on things you tried because it helps them understand the problem better; they can sometimes see the trouble just from the description of troubles; and it helps speed things up for them which comes down to "time is money" and the boss loves to see things go quickly.
Also it shows that you are just trying to get your problem fixed and not out to "screw the company" as it were just to get something newer, faster, better more than your part repaired (been there - seen that all too often).
And if you are up front and straight forward with the company and have photos and documentation to prove your point, they will be more than happy to set you up with a newer model part since it really is in their best interest to make you a satisfied customer as well as it saves them money in the long run on not getting an RMA back many times if possible.
I don't want to come across bad, but in my personal opinion you must not be handling the RMA's very well with EVGA. As a tech myself I probably would have offered you an upgrade board for free (or minimal charge) after the 2nd RMA on this one, unless you were ranting and raving about things.
Though I am not privy to all the details of your dealings with them so take that as my own personal experience and not law okay?
Times are much tougher now days for companies to make a buck with all the competetion out there and remember that you are just a number to them so anything you can do to stand out as just a little better will work wonders in your favor.

Sorry to rant, but I have seen this way too often.
Bill
this makes me wanna take my previous post back, but very well said, and to the OP I still say go asus now
---eYe SeVen---
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4415 mhz Gigabyte X58A-OC ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII G.Skill 6gb 2000 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M 120GB SSD Lite On/Asus Corsair/Asus DCUII Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED HDMI Microsoft SideWinder X4 ABS Majesty 900watt Corsair Special Edition White 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Xtrac PADS FAT MAT HT Omega STRIKER 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
---eYe SeVen---
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4415 mhz Gigabyte X58A-OC ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII G.Skill 6gb 2000 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M 120GB SSD Lite On/Asus Corsair/Asus DCUII Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED HDMI Microsoft SideWinder X4 ABS Majesty 900watt Corsair Special Edition White 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Xtrac PADS FAT MAT HT Omega STRIKER 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 45
Take pictures pictures pictures, that can't be stressed enough.

Everyone knows how anal EVGA is with motherboard replacements, and it's not just EVGA.
There are so many traces on boards, a cut/damaged trace can render the board useless.

When removing a backplate, always use something plastic if at all possible.
If you must use something metal, be sure to wrap it with some electrical tape.

And they didn't have to damage it further, there was already damage that you admitted to causing.

Just be patient, ask that the issue be elevated and see if you can work something out.
Edited by grunion - 4/6/11 at 5:06am
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcrowchickensoup View Post
ANNNNNNNNND THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. /caps
ANNNNNNDDD They would deny the RMA too

The moral of the story is NOT TO USE those sticky pads that come with H50s and H70s...
post #27 of 45
man people can bash XFX all they want but alteast they don't damage the PCB's to get out of an RMA
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
Tha Beast!
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.25V ASUS Z87 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 iCX 2126/11GHz 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston 480GB SSD HGST 2TB Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC I2269VW-B 22" Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Corsair HX650 Corsair Vengance C70 Gunmetal 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer goliathus Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 45
i had this with xfx on my second RMA, but i took pictures of my 5770 front and back before it left my house, i sent them to them, and they charged the shipping company back for it and sent a new card, they even did as i requested, and sent one of thier refrence models
Orange Angel
(23 items)
 
 
BOINC me! (TM)
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz [7600K Soon] ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe [ASUS Strix Z270i GamingSoon] Visiontek RX 480 [EK FC nickel/Acetal] 16GB Mushkin Blackline 2133mhz @11-11-11-31-1T ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Crucial M300 1TB Seagate Firecuda 2TB EK Supreme LTX CSQ [Canadian Special Edition] 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MCP 35X 10W W/ EK CSQ X-TOP EK Coolstream PE 240 Bitspower Multi Tank 80 Bitspower Matte Black Rotary Fittings/ Feser Ma... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Samsung 32 Inch 4K TV Acer S231H NKPC V60 65% custom  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Fractal Design Define Nano S Razer Deathadder 2013 Stelseries QCK+ 
AudioOther
Astro A40 TR+ Mixamp Pro AKRacing Arctica Gaming Chair 
CPUCPUCoolingPower
Antminer S3 Antminer S3 4x Cougar Vortex V12-HP PWM Fans EVGA 500B 500W PSU, Corsair GS700 700W PSU 
Case
2x Factory S3 Steel Cowl Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 750 EVGA P55 Classified 200 XFX Radeon 6850 Refrerence XFX Radeon 5770 XXX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 WD Caviar RE 250GB Coolermaster Hyper 212+ windows 7 64 bit 
Power
Corsair GS600 
  hide details  
Reply
Orange Angel
(23 items)
 
 
BOINC me! (TM)
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8Ghz [7600K Soon] ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe [ASUS Strix Z270i GamingSoon] Visiontek RX 480 [EK FC nickel/Acetal] 16GB Mushkin Blackline 2133mhz @11-11-11-31-1T ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Crucial M300 1TB Seagate Firecuda 2TB EK Supreme LTX CSQ [Canadian Special Edition] 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MCP 35X 10W W/ EK CSQ X-TOP EK Coolstream PE 240 Bitspower Multi Tank 80 Bitspower Matte Black Rotary Fittings/ Feser Ma... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Samsung 32 Inch 4K TV Acer S231H NKPC V60 65% custom  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Fractal Design Define Nano S Razer Deathadder 2013 Stelseries QCK+ 
AudioOther
Astro A40 TR+ Mixamp Pro AKRacing Arctica Gaming Chair 
CPUCPUCoolingPower
Antminer S3 Antminer S3 4x Cougar Vortex V12-HP PWM Fans EVGA 500B 500W PSU, Corsair GS700 700W PSU 
Case
2x Factory S3 Steel Cowl Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 750 EVGA P55 Classified 200 XFX Radeon 6850 Refrerence XFX Radeon 5770 XXX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 WD Caviar RE 250GB Coolermaster Hyper 212+ windows 7 64 bit 
Power
Corsair GS600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amann View Post
this makes me wanna take my previous post back, but very well said, and to the OP I still say go asus now
Asus has had MORE RMA issues in the past 6 months than there are "Tea Baggers"...

I deal with both companies every day, 5x a week for god only knows how many RMA's a month.

Asus has been doing TERRIBLY lately, especially in the motherboard dept...I seriously can't relate it to anything because it's so hit or miss, it's amazing.

EVGA has a solid 5/5...Yes sometimes things just die, it's the nature of our industry but, EVGA happens to make it as painless as humanly possible.

I can't see them breaking anything on purpose to deny you 200$...I just claimed over 5k on RMA product, with 2 of them being on 6th replacement (again, **** happens)...So, I'd nix that idea right now.

If I were the OP, I'd call customer service...Ask if there was damage to the box, if not...In 100% honesty, the burden of proof is on him because if there was no damage BEFORE shipping and the box wasn't damaged...Where else did it happen?

Sorry, 200$ for an RMA to them, in a 100% non-offensive way, is chump change.
post #30 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
man people can bash XFX all they want but alteast they don't damage the PCB's to get out of an RMA
I hate to break it to you...Nobody does.

200$ in RMA is beyond chump change to them...They could piss out the side door and in that timespan, make 5x that amount in retail sales...

I highly doubt EVGA purposefully damaged a motherboard so he couldn't RMA it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA puts my RMA on hold.