Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › NZXT Vulcan?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NZXT Vulcan?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
they have one for sale for $60 shipped on directron.

iv been looking at it for a while now and im about to pull the trigger.

is there anything better then it for about the same price? i dont want to spend over then 80. im want to build a compact system for someone. only going to have 1 SSD and 1 HD.

im going to replace the side mesh panel with a acrylic window since im getting a WC system for it. would be really nice to be able to see it.
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post
they have one for sale for $60 shipped on directron.

iv been looking at it for a while now and im about to pull the trigger.

is there anything better then it for about the same price? i dont want to spend over then 80. im want to build a compact system for someone. only going to have 1 SSD and 1 HD.

im going to replace the side mesh panel with a acrylic window since im getting a WC system for it. would be really nice to be able to see it.
For $60 that's really good for a matx case.
I used one for a client and it's pretty nice.
The handle is removeable, but one thing
If you remove the mesh, the room inside for coolers is really restricted.
I mean you can still prolly fit in the tubes though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomiyamu! View Post
For $60 that's really good for a matx case.
I used one for a client and it's pretty nice.
The handle is removeable, but one thing
If you remove the mesh, the room inside for coolers is really restricted.
I mean you can still prolly fit in the tubes though.
yeah i figured why they made the mesh pop out like so it can fit most coolers.

its not going to be custom water cool since its a lot of work in such a small case. (i made a full loop in a mid tower and it was a pain)

im going to be lazy and get a Antec H2O 620 (cuz the H50/60/70 is too mainstream)

no graphics card so all the air will be vented out though the radiator.
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post
yeah i figured why they made the mesh pop out like so it can fit most coolers.

its not going to be custom water cool since its a lot of work in such a small case. (i made a full loop in a mid tower and it was a pain)

im going to be lazy and get a Antec H2O 620 (cuz the H50/60/70 is too mainstream)

no graphics card so all the air will be vented out though the radiator.
oooohhh
noob watercooling?
Anyways the H20 performs almost on the par with the 70.
In case (No pun intended) you were wondering, the case comes with the front fan and 1 top exhaust fan. The fan controller is pretty bad in terms of wattage.
They're like 8 watt per channel (I think)
The case also comes with a buttload of thumbscrews (even enough for your motherboard!)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomiyamu! View Post
oooohhh
noob watercooling?
Anyways the H20 performs almost on the par with the 70.
In case (No pun intended) you were wondering, the case comes with the front fan and 1 top exhaust fan. The fan controller is pretty bad in terms of wattage.
They're like 8 watt per channel (I think)
The case also comes with a buttload of thumbscrews (even enough for your motherboard!)
yeah noob WC... but i cant complain how slick and clean it looks.

lol thanks again im sold. gonna get it when i get the rest of the order together so everything comes within 1 week.
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Bridge
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128Gb Raystorm Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries G6V2 600w ModXstealth  CM 690 II advance Nvidia Steelseries IKARI Lazer 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QcK Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › NZXT Vulcan?