Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 6950 CF vs 570 SLI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6950 CF vs 570 SLI - Page 26  

Poll Results: According to the posted ingame/benchmark results and valid/logic facts.. who won?

 
  • 50% (64)
    AMD 6950 CF
  • 49% (62)
    GTX 570 SLI
126 Total Votes  
post #251 of 686
...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #252 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er;13066901 
They just seem to be taking random stuck. Nobody said HD 6950 is faster then Single GTX570 no matter what but because it scales so much better its does perform as good in CF.

image024.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingChampion;13066942 
I remember that review, they obviously had Just Cause 2 running with all the Nvidia exclusive enhancements which brought down the global 570 score since they only tested about 6 games. Heres a review getting 2.0 Scale from Just Cause 2.
Dual.jpg
Notice the last 3 games were done with PhysX on.
http://benchmarkextreme.com/Articles/GTX%20570/P21.html

82% scaling total average from over 20 titles (with 3 of those titles PhysX enabled, which removed will only bring the scaling percentage even higher). How does the 6950 scale so much better?
Champion
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 PNY GTX780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD SATA III Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200 RPM Swiftech MCP655 + XSPC RX360 + EX240 (Rasa Bloc... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE 144Hz Das Keyboard MX Brown + CM Storm Rapid Fire MX Red Antec HCG-900 XION Predator 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600//G500//MX518//G9x Artisan HAYABUSA XSOFT Asus Xonar DX Denon AHD2000 
AudioAudio
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 FiiO E12 Headphone Amplifier 
  hide details  
Champion
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 PNY GTX780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD SATA III Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200 RPM Swiftech MCP655 + XSPC RX360 + EX240 (Rasa Bloc... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE 144Hz Das Keyboard MX Brown + CM Storm Rapid Fire MX Red Antec HCG-900 XION Predator 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600//G500//MX518//G9x Artisan HAYABUSA XSOFT Asus Xonar DX Denon AHD2000 
AudioAudio
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 FiiO E12 Headphone Amplifier 
  hide details  
post #253 of 686
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse-;13065971 


As I said before, there are tests showing reference 570s @850 core matching a 580. The 500 series has scaled rather equally across the SLI capable cards. They never have and they never will ?wth.gif

So one can assume that SLI 570s @ 850 core would equal 580 SLI at stock.
The amount of 570´s reaching that core can be counted of my hand.

6950s when unlocked are limited in overclocking, but at 6970 settings/unlock, almost identical to a 6970.
They overclock far more efficient than the 570 that is a fact.wth.gif
Again, they scale almost the same.

So unlocked 6950 CF = 6970 CF. So if 580 SLI > 6970 SLI, it's logical to extend that SLI 570 @ 850 core > unlocked/6970 settings 6950 CF.
Stupidest statement yet ! So according to your logic every single 570 chip behaves the same way hmm now I understand why 570 SLI is superior ...they are magic cards obviously

Both cards would still be able to overclock further, though not significantly further (DCII/Phantom/TFIII 570s would top out at 1k-1.1k depending on card, I don't know the numbers for a 6950 unlocked, but they have been stated as lower than a true 6970 fully overclocked).
So much to this
Untitled.png
There are so few 570 cards that acutally hit 1 GHZ lol compared to the 6950 almost 70% of all customers hit 1 GHZ especially with the non ref.

The posts far from irrelevant, they just require a bit of simple logical relations rather than being exactly what you asked for.
Yes your logic has proven to be bulletproof...actually a wonderful display of your logic above:)


No one is denying that the 6950 is a great card, but it's not a better card than the 570. Price/performance? Yeah, that'll probably go to the 6950, but if you go in with a set budget (like the OP did), you're typically not looking for the best price/performance within that budget,
The OP went for the 6950 because it is the superior card omg look around you every post includes a ingame benchmark or facts.
There is only so much proof you can be provided with.
First people say you need to back up your talking with facts.
Then the facts arrive.
After that you guys want hard proof so (pics,reviews etc)
when you are provided that you find another excuse to delay the inevitable truth.
We will wait for Reapers results and once they appear I demand an apologie from you^^.

you're looking at the best performance at that budget.

Next please.
Edited by Kung Pow - 4/9/11 at 7:26pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #254 of 686
Just sayin' http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/8

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/10 Whopping 4 FPS difference between stock 6950 and 570. Great.

Provide us with real game benches and not just scaling benches.

jc2.jpg

CrossFire%20Just%20Cause%202%20Scaling.png

image028.png&sa=X&ei=NhihTfK-NIii4QbpgvyHAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4LA&usg=AFQjCNGKdD0AKG2x4KiyX5lQX90st9zQCQ

Wut wut.....
Edited by Stefy - 4/9/11 at 7:40pm
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
post #255 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy;13067156 
Just sayin' http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/8

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/10 Whopping 4 FPS difference between stock 6950 and 570. Great.

Provide us with real game benches and not just scaling benches.

Shows how bias you are, first you congratulate the other guy for his scaling benchies now you say it's not relevant.
LoL.
Champion
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 PNY GTX780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD SATA III Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200 RPM Swiftech MCP655 + XSPC RX360 + EX240 (Rasa Bloc... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE 144Hz Das Keyboard MX Brown + CM Storm Rapid Fire MX Red Antec HCG-900 XION Predator 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600//G500//MX518//G9x Artisan HAYABUSA XSOFT Asus Xonar DX Denon AHD2000 
AudioAudio
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 FiiO E12 Headphone Amplifier 
  hide details  
Champion
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 PNY GTX780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD SATA III Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200 RPM Swiftech MCP655 + XSPC RX360 + EX240 (Rasa Bloc... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE 144Hz Das Keyboard MX Brown + CM Storm Rapid Fire MX Red Antec HCG-900 XION Predator 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600//G500//MX518//G9x Artisan HAYABUSA XSOFT Asus Xonar DX Denon AHD2000 
AudioAudio
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 FiiO E12 Headphone Amplifier 
  hide details  
post #256 of 686
I have decided that I should not run the benches due to people on this thread making this into a huge ordeal. I will tell you this though there is a reason why my son has the 6970s and not the 570s, and that is because I get all the good toys first..

In my experience the 570s in SLI beat out the 6970s or 6950s in almost all games, and benchmarks that I have ran that is why I gave the 6970s to my son.
REAPER
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4960X 4.5ghz RAMPAGE IV BLACK Edition EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz Intel 520 ASUS BluRay 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee HD Aquacomputer Aqualis XT Alphacool NexXxos Monsta Quad 480mm RAD Alphacool NexXxos UT60 480mm RAD 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 PRO ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70  Corsair AX1500i Corsair 900D Cyborg RAT 7 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corepad DeskPad XXXXXL BOSE Companion 5 Audio-Technia ATH M50 Audio-Technia AT2020 USB microphone 
  hide details  
REAPER
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4960X 4.5ghz RAMPAGE IV BLACK Edition EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz Intel 520 ASUS BluRay 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee HD Aquacomputer Aqualis XT Alphacool NexXxos Monsta Quad 480mm RAD Alphacool NexXxos UT60 480mm RAD 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 PRO ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70  Corsair AX1500i Corsair 900D Cyborg RAT 7 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corepad DeskPad XXXXXL BOSE Companion 5 Audio-Technia ATH M50 Audio-Technia AT2020 USB microphone 
  hide details  
post #257 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by _REAPER_;13067223 
I have decided that I should not run the benches due to people on this thread making this into a huge ordeal. I will tell you this though there is a reason why my son has the 6970s and not the 570s, and that is because I get all the good toys first..

In my experience the 570s in SLI beat out the 6970s or 6950s in almost all games, and benchmarks that I have ran that is why I gave the 6970s to my son.
Good for you.

Sadly that means 0 without backing it up.
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
post #258 of 686
lol....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #259 of 686
Thread Starter 
crysis-cf.jpg



heaven_2560_1600.gif

image024.png

fc22.png


First the 6950 advantages:

Fact 1:The superior VRAM of 2GB grants the 6950 to yield better performance at higher resolutions and with graphical settings such as AA and AF.

Fact 2:The price of the 6950 is at least in my area significantly cheaper.

Fact 3:It has been a proven fact over multiple reviews and tests that the 6950 CF scales a lot better than a 570 SLI setup.

Fact 4:Most of the non ref designs such as for example the Twin Frozr III and the ASUS DCII have individually designed Voltage Controllers and enhanced structural designs for increased overclocking efficiency.This grants the card to not only be overclocked far higher and more efficient it also enables the user to tweak the voltage and therefore the oc with more precision.
This fact is also reinforced by the much higher amount of people reporting 1 GHZ core clocks compared to the 570´s which are rather limited in ther oc.

Fact 5:The 6950 can be unlocked to the speeds of its successor which is a very great yet unintended feature:)

Fact 6:The 6950´s reference cooling is more efficient as multiple tests have shown this is of course backed up by the superior power consumption rate which basically means: less Watt=>less Heat:)

Fact 7:It is a long known fact that Nvidia cards always tend to have an advantage over AMD in terms of benchmarking ...nobody exactly knows why but it is true.
So the ongoing attempt to argue with benchmark results should be considered as secondary force of expression.

Fact 8:Most of the comparisons conducted by test labs and other reviewers that engaged the 6950 vs 570 were using outdated drivers which restrained the performance of the 6950 by at least 15 to 20%.



Now I will start with the first one of the GTX 570:

Fact 1:In my oppinion the only partially relevant factors that enable the 570 to compete is the use of physx and CUDA ...although both are not used or at least not used to a certain extent in which they can make any difference they should be mentioned.
.
.
.
.
.
Nvidia guys please feel free to add your facts:)


Just to conclude.
Edited by Kung Pow - 4/9/11 at 7:39pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #260 of 686
av2.png&sa=X&ei=uhehTaONDNL-4Ab68_GiAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4EA&usg=AFQjCNEOgOR44laFmad-U3NGpsy7dheYUQ
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 6950 CF vs 570 SLI