Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 6950 CF vs 570 SLI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6950 CF vs 570 SLI - Page 61  

Poll Results: According to the posted ingame/benchmark results and valid/logic facts.. who won?

 
  • 50% (64)
    AMD 6950 CF
  • 49% (62)
    GTX 570 SLI
126 Total Votes  
post #601 of 686
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
You sound very disgruntled.

This thread at its core is a joke, if you can't see the humor in my posts its because you actually took it seriously.

The OP has a history of troll threads like this where people like you who actually think any of it matters come in and try to prove something that is at its core is opinion based.
You are the core why this thread almost had become a joke with no result.
And I am enraged so much by the fact that people continue to blame me the only one constantly trying to civilize,supervize and calm the people who have multiple times tryed to bash,troll and ridicule non stop.

What kinda person continues to sabotage and terrorize a thread by posting irrelevant disregard,causing contravercy and ruccos for every single page that exists on it and in the end blames the OP for the aftermath?
It is unbelievable what you are doing here seriously.

Meanwhile they are judging,insulting and refering to me as a troll,
this bozo here which is one of the actual reason for this thread´s "almost" downfall continues to post without any restraint or reaction of ANY mod for over the whole thread.

It really saddens me to see people then actually refering to my thread as "flame nonsese" , "troll thrad" and myself as troll to altough it is actually people like this idiot to be held accountable because of their sickening inability of engaging a sensitive matter with a sensitive , professional and relevant approach.
And he for actually being one of the main reasons for contravercy and irrelevant posting to the max not receiving one bit of criticism from ANY of you.

At this point I am really offended and saddened by those who have judged me for wanting nothing more than a normal civilized thread after even doing anything in my power to make that happen here.

Thank you!
Edited by Kung Pow - 4/11/11 at 1:38pm
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #602 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
It is unbelivable that Balla hasn't been banned/removed from this thread yet.

Keep posting about his 470s while no one cares, throwing out disgusting taunts and random comments. When are you going to stop?

You're bashing on every AMD person in this thread. I repeat for you: this thread is not about your 470s, when the 570 can be overclocked by 50% be sure to tell me.

You are really the biggest jerk I've ever come across.
We know 570s SLI are better, we knew this before this thread was even made. I don't think there is anything wrong with finding out how 2 470s compare to 2 6950s also. They are more on the same price range too
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
post #603 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
snip
I clearly stated that I didn't read fully through this thread, simply because after glancing at most of the posts, it was clear that it had once again become a flame thread, which your other threads had turned into as well. Coincidence that most of your threads turn into flame fests?

Am I judging you without basis?

I don't think so!

I made my statements based on the frustration that you caused other users in previous threads, such as this one:
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/9503...x-295-sli.html

You start a thread, acting like you care about a topic, and when people post their views on such a topic, you bash them when they don't agree with your views. Others can see what I mean in this thread for reference:
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/9400...md-6990-a.html

So yea, after going through those threads in the past, I became accustomed to ignoring your posts nor reading your point of view, and thus, I didn't bother to read your OP....

I want to know what the real world users results are for the 6950's and 570's, and thus I contributed to this thread by starting up a spreadsheet to help the users track the results, which you can see here, in case you missed it:
http://www.overclock.net/13087029-post621.html
Edited by 2010rig - 4/11/11 at 2:24pm
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
post #604 of 686
The result is clear, 6950 offer a better value than the 570 while having poor driver support which equates into not being able to get the frame rates you paid for in games like Metro 2033 until a year after its released.

Overclocked vs Unlocked the 570 wins, its more expensive though so the 6950 if unlocked is a better value since it offers less performance but a better cost to price ratio.

In the end the clear winner here was the bastard black sheep of Fermi, which was comparable to unlocked and overclocked 6950 performance at an even greater price point than the 6950s vs 570s.

I can draw a map, I've been working on my photoshop skills, just let me know.

Best Performance: 570

Best Cost to Performance ratio: 470

Honorable Mention: 6950
Edited by BallaTheFeared - 4/11/11 at 1:36pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #605 of 686
/thread
From FX to i7
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K 5ghz delid MSI Z170A Gaming M7 1080Ti 32GB Trident Z @ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung PM961 M.2 850 Evo LG Bluray Drive Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 x 64 P2715Q 4K  EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro  
  hide details  
From FX to i7
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K 5ghz delid MSI Z170A Gaming M7 1080Ti 32GB Trident Z @ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung PM961 M.2 850 Evo LG Bluray Drive Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 x 64 P2715Q 4K  EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro  
  hide details  
post #606 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulin View Post
We know 570s SLI are better, we knew this before this thread was even made. I don't think there is anything wrong with finding out how 2 470s compare to 2 6950s also. They are more on the same price range too
Yeah, you "know" it. Great reliable source. 6950 CF shouldn't even be able to compete with 570 SLI as they are cheaper cards, yet they do. If you call 570 a good purchase which includes the following: bad VRMs, less Vram, bad OCing in general and a higher price? Kinda obvious what is the best choice here.

Oh, but it is indeed wrong to bring in the 470. It causes confusing for people who just started to read this thread and wanted info on 6950 CF vs 570 SLI and not 470 SLI. It is off topic. It would be fine, but this is not your thread and neither does Kung Pow want it. He tried creating a genuine thread mainly disturbed by BallaTheFeared who deserves a title.
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
post #607 of 686
They only compete because ATI failed to lazer cut them.

Thats like saying 6970 was fail because a gtx 460 unlocked to a 480, go away troll.

Its an advantage that is quickly being phased out.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #608 of 686
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow View Post
You are the core why this thread almost had become a joke with no result.
And I am enraged so much by the fact that people continue to blame me the only one constantly trying to civilize,supervize and calm the people who have multiple times tryed to bash,troll and ridicule non stop.

What kinda person continues to sabotage and terrorize a thread by posting irrelevant disregard,causing contravercy and ruccos for every single page that exists on it and in the end blames the OP for the aftermath?
It is unbelievable what you are doing here seriously.

Meanwhile they are judging,insulting and refering to me as a troll,
this bozo here which is one of the actual reason for this thread´s "almost" downfall continues to post without any restraint or reaction of ANY mod for over the whole thread.

It really saddens me to see people then actually refering to my thread as "flame nonsese" , "troll thrad" and myself as troll to altough it is actually people like this idiot to be held accountable because of their sickening inability of engaging a sensitive matter with a sensitive , professional and relevant approach.
And he for actually being one of the main reasons for contravercy and irrelevant posting to the max not receiving one bit of criticism from ANY of you.

At this point I am really offended and saddened by those who have judged me for wanting nothing more than a normal civilized thread after even doing anything in my power to make that happen here.

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post
I clearly stated that I didn't read fully through this thread, simply because after glancing at most of the posts, it was clear that it had once again become a flame thread, which your other threads had turned into as well. Coincidence that most of your threads turn into flame fests?

Am I judging you without basis?

I don't think so!

I made my statements based on the frustration that you caused other users in previous threads, such as this one:
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/9503...x-295-sli.html

You start a thread, acting like you care about a topic, and when people post their views on such a topic, you bash them when they don't agree with your views. Others can see what I mean in this thread for reference:
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/9400...md-6990-a.html

So yea, after going through those threads in the past, I became accustomed to ignoring your posts and reading your point of view, and thus, I didn't bother to read your OP....

I want to know what the real world users results are for the 6950's and 570's, and thus I contributed to this thread by starting up a spreadsheet to help the users track the results, which you can see here, in case you missed it.

http://www.overclock.net/13087029-post621.html
Then where the hell do you come off judging me if you did not even bother to read how many countless times I have tried to civilize and calm the people that are the actual reason for this threads tendence to flaming?

The links you have posted are irrelevant for this thread.
You can have any oppinon that you want of me but this here is a seperate issue and has to do with neither your oppinion about me nor your desire to ignore me and my posts.
But if you do so you cannot possibly just state my thread and my intentions to be false and with trolling agender if you did not even read what I actually did to save this thread?
I really cared ....and in the end it is people like you who cause the ruccos by posting irrelevant not thought through posts.

God it is so angering-.-
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
post #609 of 686

As far as 2GB vs 1.25GB let me know when you get anywhere near using 2GB of vram in a typical game while still having enough gpu power to push 60 fps.



Yeah, Crysis 2, 4 x GTX 580 3GB models @ 1GHz core.

Notice the FPS.

Notice the Vram usage.

BUT BUT BUT

2GB of ram doesn't matter if your gpu can't push that much texture detail anyways.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #610 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
They only compete because ATI failed to lazer cut them.

Thats like saying 6970 was fail because a gtx 460 unlocked to a 480, go away troll.

Its an advantage that is quickly being phased out.
Yeah well, I believe I've seen too many reviews/benchmarks of 6950 CF STOCK being faster/slightly slower/about the same as a 570 SLI.

A win is a win.



Hmm yeah, 2GB is a waste I agree.
Edited by Stefy - 4/11/11 at 1:50pm
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 6950 CF vs 570 SLI