Originally Posted by Falkentyne
That's why I use 90% alcohol to clean stuff.
Stuff dries out much faster, and if anything spills, far less water to worry about.
BTW oven is fully safe if you set it to 150 degrees F. Most of the materials on the board are rated to 95 degrees Celsius, at least for storage, and 150 degrees F is hot enough to evaporate light amounts of water without melting solder.
So go ahead and try the oven. Just don't set it to 400...that will kill stuff.
My oven only goes down to 200
I have used it for other things though, such as getting the condensation out from behind the screen of my LG Chocolate when I accidentally washed it back in '07.
However, just to be safe, I think I'll just keep using the fan technique since I really don't want to mess this up and pretty much waste $1300.