Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [hothardware]Intel Unveils E7 Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[hothardware]Intel Unveils E7 Series - Page 4

post #31 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra View Post
We already know they are useless. Intel knows this, thats why they are not targeted at us. From the 990x to a Celeron, those chips targeted at us. Only reason why we use E55xx and 56xx Xeons is because we have to for the SR2. Those chips are not even targeted at us. Unfortunately Intel has not made a chip specifically design for the SR2 like they did with the Skulltrail back in 2008.
I disagree.

The only reason they're not "targeted at us" is because they're about as cost-efficient as an Iwaki-30 pump.

If they took the price down of the pathetic 980/990/995x chips and priced the new ones at 1,000$.. I'd buy 'em.

10 cores @ 28nm should overclock pretty decently, given the right board.

Although, since eVGA has lost the man behind their SR-2 board.. I think we might all be looking towards an i7-9800x for 2,000$ soon enough.

That is, unless Bulldozer has something to say about it.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 71
wtb 4x 10 core + 4 cpu slot mobo + 8x terabyte of ddr3 + 4way sli gtx580 to play crysis kkkk?
post #33 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
I disagree.

The only reason they're not "targeted at us" is because they're about as cost-efficient as an Iwaki-30 pump.

If they took the price down of the pathetic 980/990/995x chips and priced the new ones at 1,000$.. I'd buy 'em.

10 cores @ 28nm should overclock pretty decently, given the right board.

Although, since eVGA has lost the man behind their SR-2 board.. I think we might all be looking towards an i7-9800x for 2,000$ soon enough.

That is, unless Bulldozer has something to say about it.
Lol false evga never lost the man that made the sr-2 that was already confirmed by a evga rep. He still does infact work at evga.
Elenor Extreme
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2 Intel Xeon X5650@stock 3.0Ghz with turbo enabled Evga SR-2 4 Evga GTX 580's Sli Patriot Sector 7 48gb DDR 3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD Western Digital  Seagate LG Super Blue Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Hydro H70 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 24 Inch 3D Benq Xl2410T x3 Steelseries stealth zboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2 Silverstone ST1500W Lian Li PC-V2120B Razor Mamba 2012 Razor Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
Elenor Extreme
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2 Intel Xeon X5650@stock 3.0Ghz with turbo enabled Evga SR-2 4 Evga GTX 580's Sli Patriot Sector 7 48gb DDR 3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD Western Digital  Seagate LG Super Blue Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Hydro H70 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 24 Inch 3D Benq Xl2410T x3 Steelseries stealth zboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
2 Silverstone ST1500W Lian Li PC-V2120B Razor Mamba 2012 Razor Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
I disagree.

The only reason they're not "targeted at us" is because they're about as cost-efficient as an Iwaki-30 pump.

If they took the price down of the pathetic 980/990/995x chips and priced the new ones at 1,000$.. I'd buy 'em.

10 cores @ 28nm should overclock pretty decently, given the right board.

Although, since eVGA has lost the man behind their SR-2 board.. I think we might all be looking towards an i7-9800x for 2,000$ soon enough.

That is, unless Bulldozer has something to say about it.
For an Admin, you sure don't understand much about enterprise hardware.

the SR-2 and enterprise-class hardware are very different boards targeted at very different market segments. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Yes, you can get an SR-2 setup cheaper than with these chips, but in enterprise, scalability, power consumption, and stability often trump raw power.

Hence, you don't see folks overclocking their servers (at least not in data centers and corporate environments).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz Rampage II GENE PNY GTX 680 G.Skill Sniper (12GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT SATA Optical Drive Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Logitech G11  Silverstone ST75 750W Antec Mini P180B 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech MX518 Steelpad G19 Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz Rampage II GENE PNY GTX 680 G.Skill Sniper (12GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT SATA Optical Drive Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Logitech G11  Silverstone ST75 750W Antec Mini P180B 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech MX518 Steelpad G19 Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom55520 View Post
oh lawd. looks like we're finally moving onto the next generation.

i'm sorry but from what i've heard about bulldozer, it doesn't stand a chance against these. hopefully amd will have something to rival these by the time they're out.


You are comparing a $4k+ part to a part that is somewhere between 100-300$. Not really a fair comparison now is it.
Gnomeon
(16 items)
 
GnomeBook Pro
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 ASUS P8Z77-V SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB  Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M550 256GB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5-Inch 1TB 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Unbranded (Tenkeyless) SeaSonic SG12 550W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Mionix Avior Swan M10 Philips Fidelio X1 Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2720QM Logic Board Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD 6750M 1gb Crucial 16GB 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750gb Hitachi 5400rpm 8x double-layer SuperDrive OS x 10.7.4 15.4" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display 144... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter 2011 Unibody Magic Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gnomeon
(16 items)
 
GnomeBook Pro
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 ASUS P8Z77-V SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB  Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M550 256GB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5-Inch 1TB 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Unbranded (Tenkeyless) SeaSonic SG12 550W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Mionix Avior Swan M10 Philips Fidelio X1 Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2720QM Logic Board Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD 6750M 1gb Crucial 16GB 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750gb Hitachi 5400rpm 8x double-layer SuperDrive OS x 10.7.4 15.4" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display 144... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter 2011 Unibody Magic Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 71
All of you are idiots! This is for enterprise, not some noob consumer with a giant e-peen. The large amount of RAM lets you hold things like SQL/Oracle databases(or even VMs via ramdisk) directly in memory.
post #37 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by POONBERRY View Post
All of you are idiots! This is for enterprise, not some noob consumer with a giant e-peen. The large amount of RAM lets you hold things like SQL/Oracle databases(or even VMs via ramdisk) directly in memory.
You are assuming that we don't already know this.....
Gnomeon
(16 items)
 
GnomeBook Pro
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 ASUS P8Z77-V SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB  Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M550 256GB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5-Inch 1TB 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Unbranded (Tenkeyless) SeaSonic SG12 550W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Mionix Avior Swan M10 Philips Fidelio X1 Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2720QM Logic Board Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD 6750M 1gb Crucial 16GB 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750gb Hitachi 5400rpm 8x double-layer SuperDrive OS x 10.7.4 15.4" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display 144... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter 2011 Unibody Magic Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gnomeon
(16 items)
 
GnomeBook Pro
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2 ASUS P8Z77-V SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB  Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M550 256GB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5-Inch 1TB 7200 RPM Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Unbranded (Tenkeyless) SeaSonic SG12 550W Fractal Design Define S 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Mionix Avior Swan M10 Philips Fidelio X1 Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2720QM Logic Board Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD 6750M 1gb Crucial 16GB 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750gb Hitachi 5400rpm 8x double-layer SuperDrive OS x 10.7.4 15.4" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display 144... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter 2011 Unibody Magic Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by killnine View Post
For an Admin, you sure don't understand much about enterprise hardware.

the SR-2 and enterprise-class hardware are very different boards targeted at very different market segments. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Yes, you can get an SR-2 setup cheaper than with these chips, but in enterprise, scalability, power consumption, and stability often trump raw power.

Hence, you don't see folks overclocking their servers (at least not in data centers and corporate environments).
I specifically expressed that I DO understand that.

But that, in fact, I don't care about it because this is OCN, not a corporation in need of a flexible server database.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by POONBERRY View Post
All of you are idiots! This is for enterprise, not some noob consumer with a giant e-peen. The large amount of RAM lets you hold things like SQL/Oracle databases(or even VMs via ramdisk) directly in memory.
Seriously? I don't think there's a person here who hasn't run a VM at some point in their life.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 71
This will wipe out Bulldozer over the face of the earth i am afraid.


Wow
Black Dragon
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.3 GHZ ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 (PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, B... EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 G.SKILL Ripjaws X ( 4 x 2GB) @ 1866 MHZ 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120 GB Firmware 2.21 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 X64 Alienware Optx AW2310 (1920 x 1080p) 120 HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 Corsair AX850 PLUS GOLD Certified Silverstone FT02B-W Razer Deathadder 3500 DPi 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Dragon
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.3 GHZ ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 (PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, B... EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 G.SKILL Ripjaws X ( 4 x 2GB) @ 1866 MHZ 8-9-8-2... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120 GB Firmware 2.21 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 X64 Alienware Optx AW2310 (1920 x 1080p) 120 HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 Corsair AX850 PLUS GOLD Certified Silverstone FT02B-W Razer Deathadder 3500 DPi 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [hothardware]Intel Unveils E7 Series