Overclock.net banner

[Bit-tech] Mass Effect Movie Deal Signed

5K views 108 replies 97 participants last post by  Genjimaru 
#1 ·
Quote:
BioWare's sprawling sci-fi RPG Mass Effect franchise is being made into an anime feature film. The EA-owned studio is teaming up with FUNimation Entertainment, the leading distributor of Japanese animation in North America, in order to create the film.

Executive producer of the series, Casey Hudson, said: 'We have revealed different pieces of the Mass Effect world through different media. Extending the story through an anime medium is another amazing opportunity for us.'
SOURCE

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon;13047420
I bet it'll be crap like all other movies based on games.
I hope not. I hope it is well made and well received and then I hope James Cameron will convince people to give him 500 million dollars to make a 3D 3 hour long Mass Effect movie.

#12 ·
While I do like anime, Mass Effect as an anime will be Bloody Awful.

Also what about the Deal that Bioware signed with Legendary Pictures for a live action film.

#14 ·
Ohh I wonder whos going to protray Miranda.

#15 ·
DMC Anime series was actually quite awesome.

#25 ·
This isn't fresh news, actually! I posted about this some months ago when it first came up, but can't seem to find the post anymore... in any case, I agree that it doesn't look good. Funimation mainly does translations/american publishing/distributing of japanese anime. Then actually *creating* one sounds like a horrible idea....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.