Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MyCrysis] DirectX 11 coming for Crysis 2!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MyCrysis] DirectX 11 coming for Crysis 2! - Page 25

post #241 of 288
Its not the DX its the textures that are fail
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme GTX 480x4 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M4 64GB +4TB Asus Blue Ray NH-d14 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 27inch LED G15 Coolermaster 1200w Gold Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G9x Dell XPS Sigma Sound Blaster 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme GTX 480x4 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M4 64GB +4TB Asus Blue Ray NH-d14 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 27inch LED G15 Coolermaster 1200w Gold Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G9x Dell XPS Sigma Sound Blaster 
  hide details  
Reply
post #242 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GILavco View Post
Its not the DX its the textures that are fail
psh - how about the pre-rendered cutscene 720p-xbox360-bitrate garbage!!! I'm so sick of these developers putting these crappy ass, low resolution, horribly compressed cutscenes in my game! If you're not going to actually render them, then at least give the proper compression!!! Why does the PS3 and the PC have to get stuck with the xbox 360 videos? What more does it take to just convert the native video into better ones, yet alone just use lossless compression from the beginning!

The ending of the game was absolutely ruined by.... pixely block garbage! Mass Effect 2 had the same problem! CMON!
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #243 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
I get your point, but Crysis 2 was a sequel in story only, not in tech (well, the tech was different, but they aren't made to be compared against each other). And yes, Star Wars in 20XX is a sequel to Star Wars in the 70's in tech, not in story (in which it is a prequel). My correlation with Star Wars is that they are part of the same story (like Crysis 1 and 2), and using different tech (like Crysis 1 and 2), and that the movie that cared less about visuals was still better.

PC-only games will be highly polished for PC, multiplatform games likely won't be. In the sense that Crysis 2 reached 3-4 times the amount of people (at least), and will probably wildly outsell the original, it will be considered a tremendous success. In the sense that it being a multiplatform game meant there was less time and money to spend on the PC side of things, it is a disappointment (to PC gamers).

I think it is a bit unreasonable for Crytek to expect that people would not compare the graphics in Crysis 1 and 2. It is a natural to expect that the sequel be better in all ways than the original. When it is not better then we say the sequel has failed.

I have no problem with Crytek trying to sell more copies by developing for consoles; but if they wanted the avoid the wrath of the PC community they need to improve on C1 graphics/storyline/gameplay/etc... I have not played the game yet, but I hear the gameplay and story are better. Maybe the patch will help the graphics along and maybe it will not.

Point is... the PC community reaction is not unreasonable. This is not rocket science here -- the price you pay for making a sequel is that it will compared to the original in all facets.
post #244 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post
I think it is a bit unreasonable for Crytek to expect that people would not compare the graphics in Crysis 1 and 2. It is a natural to expect that the sequel be better in all ways than the original. When it is not better then we say the sequel has failed.

I have no problem with Crytek trying to sell more copies by developing for consoles; but if they wanted the avoid the wrath of the PC community they need to improve on C1 graphics/storyline/gameplay/etc... I have not played the game yet, but I hear the gameplay and story are better. Maybe the patch will help the graphics along and maybe it will not.

Point is... the PC community reaction is not unreasonable. This is not rocket science here -- the price you pay for making a sequel is that it will compared to the original in all facets.
Many sequels are not better in every way, many of them have a worse story or gameplay. I'd much rather have devs spent more time on a game that's more fun, even if it means a sacrifice in visual quality.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #245 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Many sequels are not better in every way, many of them have a worse story or gameplay. I'd much rather have devs spent more time on a game that's more fun, even if it means a sacrifice in visual quality.
Then don't make a sequel and design a new game. Then people would not be complaining so much. They called in Crysis 2 so people will compare to Crysis 1. Are you saying that is illogical?

Crysis 1 was groundbreaking and Crysis 2 is not -- they are related and thus WILL be compared -- the result of that comparison is Crysis 2 = fail. I am not saying that is the right thing to do, but it was bound to happen thus Crytek should have been ready for it.
Edited by JCPUser - 4/11/11 at 7:39pm
post #246 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
There are MANY reasons why games have limitations in one way or another, reasons that many gamers don't know anything about, or even care about, but they're the first to complain when something isn't exaclty how they wanted it. It's difficult being a game developer on a forum filled largely with gamers.
I feel the same way when customers want this and that from my business. There's a lot of things they don't know but they don't care. Consumers aren't in the position to understand how it works, they lack the knowledge, all they want to know is that it works. As consumers, they have a right to think this way. Why? They are paying the business to provide the product as advertised and if the final product doesn't represent that, they can express discontent or ask for a refund. Consumers trust businesses to deliver a great product even if they don't know how it works or what it took to develop. I'm sure we all had bad transactions at some point and wanted our money back, you didn't just take it in the chops and said you understand what the business had to go through to provide a product.

From a business prospective, you really don't want the consumer to understand how it works. It will only create more objective opinions. They will ask why you're cutting this and that out, it's better just to deliver the product and see if people like it. Crytek isn't going to reveal why they made compromises or the limitations of CE3 because it will only hurt sales, not improve them by trying to educate gamers on things they will never understand.
Edited by WorldExclusive - 4/13/11 at 4:39am
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #247 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post
Then don't make a sequel and design a new game. Then people would not be complaining so much. They called in Crysis 2 so people will compare to Crysis 1. Are you saying that is illogical?

Crysis 1 was groundbreaking and Crysis 2 is not -- they are related and thus WILL be compared -- the result of that comparison is Crysis 2 = fail. I am not saying that is the right thing to do, but it was bound to happen thus Crytek should have been ready for it.
"Hey, lets just not make millions of dollars, and not make a game millions of gamers (on both console and PC) will like, because 1% of PC gamers will cry about it".

Yea....that makes sense. Maybe this makes sense too:

"Hey, we have this story we really like, and we'll have gameplay most people will like, but lets just not make it because it might not graphically rival the first game which our story is based on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post
I feel the same way when customers want this and that from my business. There's a lot of things they don't know but they don't care. Consumers aren't in the position to understand how it works, they lack the knowledge, all they want to know is that it works. As consumers, they have a right to think this way. Why? They are paying the business to provide the product as advertised and if the final product doesn't represent that, they can express discontent or ask for a refund. Consumers trust businesses will deliver a great product even if they don't know how it works or what it took to develop. I'm sure we all had bad transactions at some point and wanted our money back, you didn't just take it in the chops and said you understand what the business had to go through to provide a product.

From a business prospective, you really don't want the consumer to understand how it works. It will only create more objective opinions. They will ask why you're cutting this and that out, it's better just to deliver the product and see if people like it. Crytek isn't going to reveal why they made compromises or the limitations of CE3 because it will only hurt sales, not improve them by trying to educate gamers on things they will never understand.
Yea I've begun to realize this as I've spent time on this forum trying to explain to the gamers why games end up the way that they do. The gamers really don't care, they want DX11 just because it exists, they want better everything because they know their hardware isn't being maxed. I want these same things, but I'm grounded in reality because I see the day-to-day decisions that game dev studios and publishers have to make to create a game that the majority of their customer base will enjoy.

In the end each gamer will decide whether or not the game meets their criteria for purchase. I need to get over the fact that some people won't even try a game if it isn't graphically mind-blowing and groundbreaking, eventually those gamers will cave-in when they realize there are 1-2 games per year that meet their insane criteria, and while they're busy whining about specific and mundane features they aren't getting I can have fun actually playing games that are fun to play.
Edited by lordikon - 4/11/11 at 8:03pm
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #248 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Yea I've begun to realize this as I've spent time on this forum trying to explain to the gamers why games end up the way that they do. The gamers really don't care, they want DX11 just because it exists, they want better everything because they know their hardware isn't being maxed. I want these same things, but I'm grounded in reality because I see the day-to-day decisions that game dev studios and publishers have to make to create a game that the majority of their customer base will enjoy.

In the end each gamer will decide whether or not the game meets their criteria for purchase. I need to get over the fact that some people won't even try a game if it isn't graphically mind-blowing and groundbreaking, eventually those gamers will cave-in when they realize there are 1-2 games per year that meet their insane criteria, and while they're busy whining about specific and mundane features they aren't getting I can have fun actually playing games that are fun to play.
Yes, now you're getting it. When you're on the inside of a business, you being in the game industry, you have to develop thick skin. People are going to like and hate your work. You can only try to satisfy the majority of gamers/people the best you can.
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #249 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Many sequels are not better in every way, many of them have a worse story or gameplay.
Ya, that seems to be the trend sometimes. :/
post #250 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post

Crysis 1 was groundbreaking and Crysis 2 is not -- they are related and thus WILL be compared -- the result of that comparison is Crysis 2 = fail. I am not saying that is the right thing to do, but it was bound to happen thus Crytek should have been ready for it.
Technically, Crisis 2 is ground breaking. Its ground breaking for the other team though. You know, the consoles. At this point in time that has to be good enough unfortunately. In a way, I'm happy that Crytek was able to bring this level of gaming to the console community, and in other ways I see where its lacking for the PC community. This is all clear to everyone at this point. I'm not mad that my friends get to experience better graphics on their old hardware. I do feel a little left out and forgotten about though. Thats only because the game was marketed wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Yea I've begun to realize this as I've spent time on this forum trying to explain to the gamers why games end up the way that they do. The gamers really don't care, they want DX11 just because it exists, they want better everything because they know their hardware isn't being maxed. I want these same things, but I'm grounded in reality because I see the day-to-day decisions that game dev studios and publishers have to make to create a game that the majority of their customer base will enjoy.

In the end each gamer will decide whether or not the game meets their criteria for purchase. I need to get over the fact that some people won't even try a game if it isn't graphically mind-blowing and groundbreaking, eventually those gamers will cave-in when they realize there are 1-2 games per year that meet their insane criteria, and while they're busy whining about specific and mundane features they aren't getting I can have fun actually playing games that are fun to play.
I feel we are at a crossroads really. Devs can continue to code in the same old ways and let the market get stagnet with rehashes, or they can be innovative and reap the benefits. There are advanteges to being innovative. Look at Crytek. Where would they be without their initial innovation? There is no reason to let the market get stagnet because of old hardware. Innovation breeds profit and pushes the market. How is that a bad thing?
Edited by Drobomb - 4/11/11 at 8:52pm
Still pushing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 E0 @ 4.32GHz 1.36v EVGA 750i FTW GTX470 765/1530/1848 (unlocked 465) OCZ Blade 9200LV @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-18-33 
OSMonitorPowerCase
XP 32bit /Win 7 64bit /Arch Linux Samsung PX2370 PCP&Cooling 610w Silencer piece of cardboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Still pushing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 E0 @ 4.32GHz 1.36v EVGA 750i FTW GTX470 765/1530/1848 (unlocked 465) OCZ Blade 9200LV @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-18-33 
OSMonitorPowerCase
XP 32bit /Win 7 64bit /Arch Linux Samsung PX2370 PCP&Cooling 610w Silencer piece of cardboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MyCrysis] DirectX 11 coming for Crysis 2!