Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Review Of A Few Of The Latest Nvidia Drivers (incl* Xtreme-G)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review Of A Few Of The Latest Nvidia Drivers (incl* Xtreme-G) - Page 24

post #231 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040;14524254 
well they are not preforming better as far as benching but they are stable!!!! I have not had a error at all!!! I have been trying all day to crash them and they wont give up lol, I am going to see if I can push some more out of these cards my top before was 974 core and 2260 mem but stated to get some problems so backed them down to 950/2200 and locked in bios settings at sig specs! just mite get my benches a little higher on these but only time will tell.

PS so far I would not say they are for everyone but they are worth taking a look at and trying!

amen!!! I went up to 970 with these and I wasn't even trying lol.


Im in the process of installing Crysis 2 (non-steam version) on my raid to see whether or not the benchmark tool works with it, hopefully it does so I can add it to the list for future reviews biggrin.gif

Do you metro 2033? can you do a run for me, I wana see what kind of fps you get with the exact same settings. This is mine:

Here's a Metro Benchmark tool - DX11 - 1920x1080 - Tesselation (enabled) - Very High - AAA - AF16x - No Physx or DOF GPU at 970/1940/2150

t6V7b.jpg

Thanks brad.
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #232 of 380
Here is 950/2200 and cpu at 4.4ghz like I said it is not a big performer but they are super stable! and I have the non steam crysis2 as well and the bench test works with it

EDIT I had max everything even DOF where as you did not whoops sorry
post #233 of 380
Thread Starter 
wow damn, didn't realise 20mhz more and DOF disabled would net around 12fps more.

I'll run it again exactly the same as yours. gimme a moment.
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #234 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
wow damn, didn't realise 20mhz more and DOF disabled would net around 12fps more.

I'll run it again exactly the same as yours. gimme a moment.
yeah it is not so much the 20mhz but the dof! I am just so stable at 950 I dont want to fool with it plus I am running 2200 where you are running 2150 memory
post #235 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
yeah it is not so much the 20mhz but the dof! I am just so stable at 950 I dont want to fool with it plus I am running 2200 where you are running 2150 memory
what voltage you running for 950?
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #236 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
what voltage you running for 950?
A little higher than you 1.150 but that was my cards sweet spot
post #237 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
A little higher than you 1.150 but that was my cards sweet spot
lol mine is 1.137 so far.

I just got a driver crash for no reason im running it at stock as well, not a good sign..........

EDIT:

My fault, left the memory at 2200 and it was unstable I guess.
Edited by munaim1 - 8/9/11 at 6:18pm
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #238 of 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
lol mine is 1.137 so far.

I just got a driver crash for no reason im running it at stock as well, not a good sign..........

NO it is not????? what happened? was it a nvidia crash? I got a few driver stopped working but recovered ones when I tried going up on core and green flashes like 3dmark11 lol in heaven when I went 2250 on memory. I was able to push to 2220 but really no gain so just stayed at 950/2200 @ 1.150. I have had this happen a few times where the drivers work great on install but a day or even hours later they start f'n up. I hope that is not the case because I am limited on my driver use with the 990FX board, even the extremeG guy said that he is having a hard time trying to find out where they (nvidia) went wrong with the stability and OC'ing problems since 258.** and I can't even role back to those with out some kinda modded ones to allow my sli to work
post #239 of 380
I absolutely LOVE nvidia and have only bulit a few rigs with ATI and they were for the kids or a spare PC, I will stay nvidia through thick and thin but this is pissing me off! Driver problems was always a ATI/AMD thing and the only thing wrong with nvidia was BSOD's in the birth of SLI'ing and performance would be down till they released a driver update on a new game (always only about a week) but this is testing my temper and I just wish they would get there heads on and pump out drivers every week like they were!!! I sware I almost blame people like myself with AMD chip and wanting Nvidia GPU's cause ever since they got back together it has been one fail after another

OK I am done lol Wimping and winning
Edited by Bradford1040 - 8/9/11 at 6:14pm
post #240 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
NO it is not????? what happened? was it a nvidia crash? I got a few driver stopped working but recovered ones when I tried going up on core and green flashes like 3dmark11 lol in heaven when I went 2250 on memory. I was able to push to 2220 but really no gain so just stayed at 950/2200 @ 1.150. I have had this happen a few times where the drivers work great on install but a day or even hours later they start f'n up. I hope that is not the case because I am limited on my driver use with the 990FX board, even the extremeG guy said that he is having a hard time trying to find out where they (nvidia) went wrong with the stability and OC'ing problems since 258.** and I can't even role back to those with out some kinda modded ones to allow my sli to work
lol my fault, I think I left my memory overclock to 2200 when I went to do some metro2033 benchmarks and 'thought' I went back to stock, but didn't hit the apply button such a fail. 2200 is not stable for me that's why it crashed in the desktop, I was replying to a PM went it crashed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
I absolutely LOVE nvidia and have only bulit a few rigs with ATI and they were for the kids or a spare PC, I will stay nvidia through thick and thin but this is pissing me off! Driver problems was always a ATI/AMD thing and the only thing wrong with nvidia was BSOD's in the birth of SLI'ing and performance would be down till they released a driver update on a new game (always only about a week) but this is testing my temper and I just wish they would get there heads on and pump out drivers every week like they were!!! I sware I almost blame people like myself with AMD chip and wanting Nvidia GPU's cause ever since they got back together it has been one fail after another

OK I am done lol Wimping and winning
Don't worry bud im sure they'll eventually get it right, till then rock on with the 950 core and 2200 memory, that's an amazing overclock!!!!

I'll keep you guys posted on how it does and I'll edit the review (280.19) as I go along.

Thanks for all the support guys, still can't believe my thread got a sticky
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Review Of A Few Of The Latest Nvidia Drivers (incl* Xtreme-G)