Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Any amateur/indie game developers on OCN?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any amateur/indie game developers on OCN? - Page 4  

post #31 of 52
I am very interested and I am well versed in all things RPGs and in writing.
I am also interested in the concept art and overall feel of the game.

PM me.
Zero Clearance
(12 items)
 
Project BWR
(86 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3750k @ 4500MHz ASRock Z77E-ITX GIGABYTE GV-N680SO-2GD KVR1333D3N9/8G 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 330 Series 240GB Intel 330 Series 120GB Seagate Momentus 500GB Thermaltake WATER2.0 Performer 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 V7 21.5" LCD Silverstone SFX 450w MEZZI LUXslim Aluminum Laptop Case - XT BLACK 
  hide details  
Zero Clearance
(12 items)
 
Project BWR
(86 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3750k @ 4500MHz ASRock Z77E-ITX GIGABYTE GV-N680SO-2GD KVR1333D3N9/8G 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 330 Series 240GB Intel 330 Series 120GB Seagate Momentus 500GB Thermaltake WATER2.0 Performer 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 V7 21.5" LCD Silverstone SFX 450w MEZZI LUXslim Aluminum Laptop Case - XT BLACK 
  hide details  
post #32 of 52
Thread Starter 
Well, since people can sign up for the team through the spread sheet, let's discuss a bit.

What type of setting do you guys like? Personally, as far as art direction goes I really like the over the top jRPG settings like Final Fantasy, where everything has to be crystalline beauty. Same goes for the dramatic characters and story telling, though I'm not a fan of how shallow characters tend to be. So while I do like the settings and drama, more indepth characters could probably bring the story and setting to life, by having such realistic characters in a totally ridiculous fantasy world.

Mechanically, I think real time combat would work well, much like say Mount & Blade, with directional attacks and clashing and the like. At the same time I think we could implement abilities or skills as well as magic in the style of The Elder Scroll games or Magicka. By accessing a hotkey menu and selecting the active skill or spell and assigning it to a key or right mouse click. I suppose it would be a mix of skill based combat as well as stats.

Of course, while I think making an open world would be cool, I doubt it'll be feasible. So perhaps very large levels ala Borderlands or Crysis coupled with a RPG style world map that the player can travel quickly - thinking of FFVII to be honest. Except without the typical tiny cramped areas.

Now, for equipment, like weapons and magic. The idea would be that they level up, and as they level up the player will have options to "Upgrade" them into new weapons free relatively low costs, but at the same time by leveling them up they'll become stronger by a sizable degree. I figure it'll be a good idea to add variety to the number of weapons that can be used but at the same time allow the option of upgrading the stats in a more traditional sense. On that note, the number of weapons, spells, and equipment would have to be very large and diverse (uniquely so).


Now these are just my ideas that I've been thinking about. Feel free to comment, critique, revise, or by all means bring up your own original ideas or desires. I'm sure that what we will settle on will be something that allows everyone to have an interest in the project to stick to it.


Discussion can continue indefinitely but once we have most of the major positions filled we should think about cementing some core gameplay mechanics and start working on the general plot.
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #33 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxile View Post
Well, since people can sign up for the team through the spread sheet, let's discuss a bit.

What type of setting do you guys like? Personally, as far as art direction goes I really like the over the top jRPG settings like Final Fantasy, where everything has to be crystalline beauty. Same goes for the dramatic characters and story telling, though I'm not a fan of how shallow characters tend to be. So while I do like the settings and drama, more indepth characters could probably bring the story and setting to life, by having such realistic characters in a totally ridiculous fantasy world.

Mechanically, I think real time combat would work well, much like say Mount & Blade, with directional attacks and clashing and the like. At the same time I think we could implement abilities or skills as well as magic in the style of The Elder Scroll games or Magicka. By accessing a hotkey menu and selecting the active skill or spell and assigning it to a key or right mouse click. I suppose it would be a mix of skill based combat as well as stats.

Of course, while I think making an open world would be cool, I doubt it'll be feasible. So perhaps very large levels ala Borderlands or Crysis coupled with a RPG style world map that the player can travel quickly - thinking of FFVII to be honest. Except without the typical tiny cramped areas.

Now, for equipment, like weapons and magic. The idea would be that they level up, and as they level up the player will have options to "Upgrade" them into new weapons free relatively low costs, but at the same time by leveling them up they'll become stronger by a sizable degree. I figure it'll be a good idea to add variety to the number of weapons that can be used but at the same time allow the option of upgrading the stats in a more traditional sense. On that note, the number of weapons, spells, and equipment would have to be very large and diverse (uniquely so).


Now these are just my ideas that I've been thinking about. Feel free to comment, critique, revise, or by all means bring up your own original ideas or desires. I'm sure that what we will settle on will be something that allows everyone to have an interest in the project to stick to it.


Discussion can continue indefinitely but once we have most of the major positions filled we should think about cementing some core gameplay mechanics and start working on the general plot.
The art direction is quite cool. For it to be a REALLY over the top world with beautiful sceneries and landscapes. Also of course characters have to have depth and meaning which I endorse.

I have never played Mount and Blade, though I think you are looking for a Elder Scrolls type gameplay am I correct? I am more than happy, but I would like so form of innovation in this game as well. I guess we will sharpen this idea and add onto it later, but the general gameplay mechanics I like. I would also like to say that if we could, I would like the gamer to do more than just fighting. Kind of like Fable, where you can do a HUGE number of things, I would like that you could socialize, work, craft (explained later), shop, you name it really!

Yes, I agree that for me it will be a little less than feasible to make open world maps ala Elder Scrolls , so Crysis or Crysis 2 type maps are a good thing to go on, where you are trying to complete a single objective, but the map is carved so that you can complete that objective numerous ways. THOUGH open world would be preference, as that is where RPGs tend to go.

As for equipment, I am liking the idea. Also I think a pretty cool concept is to craft weapons. We can do this two ways, each item has it's own unique formula, or the item is generated randomly from a pre set formula, like Team Fortress 2 or something...

I would also like to add the possibility of Online Co Op. Imagine a game that has beautiful sceneries and characters, that plays like your Elder Scrolls Game, BUT you can play it with your friends! You can fight enemies with your friends, trade with them, socialize with them, craft with them, you name it!

Just me
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
post #34 of 52
I think I'm gonna have to back out on this because it sounds beyond what I can do, especially when it sounds like the game Vincutus which is a very large game and sounds like what you are looking to make.

gl.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955BE @3.8ghz Asus M4A79XTD Evo Sapphire 5870 2GB E6 4GB Mushkin Blackline 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640gb WD | 250gb WD LG dvd reader Prolimatech Megahalems Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2209W 22" Lenovo Keyboard (k4803A) SilverStone Decathlon DA700 CM 690 II Advanced 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Cochlear Implants and JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955BE @3.8ghz Asus M4A79XTD Evo Sapphire 5870 2GB E6 4GB Mushkin Blackline 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
640gb WD | 250gb WD LG dvd reader Prolimatech Megahalems Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2209W 22" Lenovo Keyboard (k4803A) SilverStone Decathlon DA700 CM 690 II Advanced 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Cochlear Implants and JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
post #35 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaseballboy1234 View Post
I think I'm gonna have to back out on this because it sounds beyond what I can do, especially when it sounds like the game Vincutus which is a very large game and sounds like what you are looking to make.

gl.
Ahh ok. If you reconsider, please don't hesitate to come back XP.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
post #36 of 52
Thread Starter 
steamcommunity.com/groups/OCN_ID

A public Steam group ala the suggestion of Harbinger.

Personally I feel like I'm in over my head too. But like a lot of things, if you take it slow and just focus on starting and then progress to the point that things are in full effect, I don't think it will seem quite so impossible anymore. But I understand.

Feel free to join us again any time.
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
New and Shiny
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rynze 7 1700 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire HD7950 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K Crucial MX300 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Red Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Ducky One Corsair RM650x NZXT H440 White 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #37 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxile View Post
Well, since people can sign up for the team through the spread sheet, let's discuss a bit.

-Snip-
So it looks like we're going for Elder Scrolls type gameplay? Or will it be fast-paced style like FF? I definitely prefer the former, but that's just me

And I'm definitely in for the graphical style you described!
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2720QM Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3-1333 Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 
OSMonitor
Arch Linux w/ OpenBox B156HW01 V.4 FHD Panel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon L5639 @ 3.24-3.60GHz Asus P6X58D Premium Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce3 6x2GB G.Skill Pi 1600MHz CL7-8-7 @ 1440MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 64GB + Samsung 1TB 2.5" Windows 7 x64 2x Dell U2311H Rosewill RK-9000 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-850HT Lian Li PC-9F 
  hide details  
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2720QM Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3-1333 Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 
OSMonitor
Arch Linux w/ OpenBox B156HW01 V.4 FHD Panel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon L5639 @ 3.24-3.60GHz Asus P6X58D Premium Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce3 6x2GB G.Skill Pi 1600MHz CL7-8-7 @ 1440MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 64GB + Samsung 1TB 2.5" Windows 7 x64 2x Dell U2311H Rosewill RK-9000 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-850HT Lian Li PC-9F 
  hide details  
post #38 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zouk52 View Post
So it looks like we're going for Elder Scrolls type gameplay? Or will it be fast-paced style like FF? I definitely prefer the former, but that's just me

And I'm definitely in for the graphical style you described!
He is looking for Mount and Blade Gameplay, so yeah Elder Scrolls Gameplay essentially.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @3.9GHz MSI X370 Titanium Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @2667MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Samsung 840 Sata Some other standard hard drives Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus PG279Q 165Hz IPS GSync Corsair K70 Lux Quickfire FSP Hydro G 850w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Razer Deatfhadder Elite Corsair Gaming somethingorother 
  hide details  
post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarbingerOfLive View Post
He is looking for Mount and Blade Gameplay, so yeah Elder Scrolls Gameplay essentially.
Sweet! I've never played that game so I wasn't sure.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2720QM Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3-1333 Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 
OSMonitor
Arch Linux w/ OpenBox B156HW01 V.4 FHD Panel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon L5639 @ 3.24-3.60GHz Asus P6X58D Premium Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce3 6x2GB G.Skill Pi 1600MHz CL7-8-7 @ 1440MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 64GB + Samsung 1TB 2.5" Windows 7 x64 2x Dell U2311H Rosewill RK-9000 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-850HT Lian Li PC-9F 
  hide details  
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2720QM Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3-1333 Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 
OSMonitor
Arch Linux w/ OpenBox B156HW01 V.4 FHD Panel 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon L5639 @ 3.24-3.60GHz Asus P6X58D Premium Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce3 6x2GB G.Skill Pi 1600MHz CL7-8-7 @ 1440MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 64GB + Samsung 1TB 2.5" Windows 7 x64 2x Dell U2311H Rosewill RK-9000 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-850HT Lian Li PC-9F 
  hide details  
post #40 of 52
Sounds interesting, I'm not sure how much time I can put into this and it's also a first for me. I'll sign up as a music composer for now.
Gaming Beast
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4430 MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate MSI GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC Corsair Value Select 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Green Seagate Barracuda LiteOn IHAS124-14 24x SATA Internal DVD-RW / DV... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 22" Samsung S22A200B Widescreen LED Monitor Iiyama PLX436S 17" Microsoft SIdewinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
450W Coolermaster GX 80 Plus EZCOOL Mesh Design Mid Tower Case Razr DeathAdder Razr Goliathus 
Audio
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsOS
i7 4700HQ MSI MS-16H2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Microsoft Windows 8.1 
KeyboardPowerAudio
Steelseries 6-Cell Li-Polymer(4840mAh 52Wh) Sound by Dynaudio, Support 7.1 channel S/PDIF o... 
  hide details  
Gaming Beast
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4430 MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate MSI GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC Corsair Value Select 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Green Seagate Barracuda LiteOn IHAS124-14 24x SATA Internal DVD-RW / DV... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 22" Samsung S22A200B Widescreen LED Monitor Iiyama PLX436S 17" Microsoft SIdewinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
450W Coolermaster GX 80 Plus EZCOOL Mesh Design Mid Tower Case Razr DeathAdder Razr Goliathus 
Audio
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsOS
i7 4700HQ MSI MS-16H2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Microsoft Windows 8.1 
KeyboardPowerAudio
Steelseries 6-Cell Li-Polymer(4840mAh 52Wh) Sound by Dynaudio, Support 7.1 channel S/PDIF o... 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Any amateur/indie game developers on OCN?