Originally Posted by 1337LutZ
If you want the 590, get it. i think itll be limited tough, and if you want something for the long run, you should consider 580s in SLI (better OC potential)
I am in high school.
I cannot just drop $740 without at least some planning.
The 590 is really the only nv card that interests me since it can do surround from a single card (4602win does not count). I tried to get surround to work with a pair of 470's, but the nVidia drivers were really flaky, and would not work 95% of the time. (strange how nv drivers are worse for me than AMD o_O)
580's also cost more by a fair margin. I don't overclock GPU's so that shouldn't be a problem. (relatively small returns for the amount of effort)
I am just worried that if i wait, i will not be able to get a 590.
In order to get one now, i would need to sell:
So i could do that, but if i wait a month, i will be getting a large sum of cash from my Confirmation (non Christians read here)
, so i could just buy it with that.
I do not buy PC parts for the performance, i am more interested in the opportunity to play arround with them. I can play all the games i like on my 6870.