Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX590 Availibility
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX590 Availibility - Page 8  

post #71 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
I don't care if they're overclocked or not...Your comparison is flawed because it's broken.

If you choose to compare your performance against something that common knowledge states is BROKEN and your source states IS BROKEN then you sir have some extremely serious comprehension issues.

In 6th grade we're taught that comparisons between like objects are possible...These are not like objects because 1 of them is broken.

Honestly, why must I explain to you that you can't compare something working 100% to something that's broken? Really?
They ARE like.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #72 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
They ARE like.
...No they're not.

The 590 is NOT working correctly...That's been stated by Nvidia, by EVGA...The drivers are still in beta.

It was stated by ALL of EVGA's techs this week and LAST week that performance in benches was currently broken and they were aware of the issues.

It's actually MENTIONED in the thread you chose to cross-post.

Now you sit here calling me an idiot when you can't even read that 3Dmark11 is NOT working with the 590...

Honestly, why must I explain this to you?

The 590 is also NOT scaling properly in quad-SLI...This again, KNOWN issue.

So you're comparing something that has had a year + to mature and work 100% to something that's MAYBE functioning at 40%...So it is NOT a like comparison.

Again, 6th grade, GO.
post #73 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
...No they're not.

The 590 is NOT working correctly...That's been stated by Nvidia, by EVGA...The drivers are still in beta.

It was stated by ALL of EVGA's techs this week and LAST week that performance in benches was currently broken and they were aware of the issues.

It's actually MENTIONED in the thread you chose to cross-post.

Now you sit here calling me an idiot when you can't even read that 3Dmark11 is NOT working with the 590...

Honestly, why must I explain this to you?

The 590 is also NOT scaling properly in quad-SLI...This again, KNOWN issue.

So you're comparing something that has had a year + to mature and work 100% to something that's MAYBE functioning at 40%...So it is NOT a like comparison.

Again, 6th grade, GO.
So you're claiming that the drivers are causing performance of both GTX 590 and GTX 590 Quad-SLi to be down 60-70%?
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
post #74 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
So you're claiming that the drivers are causing performance of both GTX 590 and GTX 590 Quad-SLi to be down 60-70%?
No, it is a FACT, (5th time I've had to say this) that there are ISSUES with the 590 cards SCALING core to core...There are also issues SCALING with quad-SLI or 2x 590's.

This was stated on the thread you cross-posted...This is ALL OVER the Evga forums.

It is disgusting how you sit here and insult everyone else when you yourself cannot even logically comprehend the issue at hand.

Furthermore your comparison is absolutely invalid because the 590's have KNOWN issues with every single thread of "logic" you claim to cling to.

They're having issues BENCHING because there a 2core card; NOTED on EVGA, [H] and here if you BOTHERED to actually read.

Go educate yourself PRIOR to insulting others.
post #75 of 84
hey reflex

I haven't had any issues and I'm really happy with my purchase. The performance is great and the card is so much more quiet than any jet engine blower style card that I've had before.

Sadly I don't know how big the stock for these cards will be in the next few months though.

If you truly want the card then I say go for it, but if I were you I'd upgrade my processor first heh
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
post #76 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
No, it is a FACT, (5th time I've had to say this) that there are ISSUES with the 590 cards SCALING core to core...There are also issues SCALING with quad-SLI or 2x 590's.

This was stated on the thread you cross-posted...This is ALL OVER the Evga forums.

It is disgusting how you sit here and insult everyone else when you yourself cannot even logically comprehend the issue at hand.

Furthermore your comparison is absolutely invalid because the 590's have KNOWN issues with every single thread of "logic" you claim to cling to.

They're having issues BENCHING because there a 2core card; NOTED on EVGA, [H] and here if you BOTHERED to actually read.

Go educate yourself PRIOR to insulting others.
Okay, I understand they're having issues.

But as it stands, according to those benchmarks, GTX 580 SLi is beating GTX 590 by ~15%.

So, for your claim that GTX 590 beats GTX 580 Triple SLi, the driver issue would have to be hindering performance 60-70%.

Meaning that people who have GTX 590s today are only seeing 1/3 of the performance their card has.

Those are your words, not mine.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
post #77 of 84
Track be the adult and end this bickering.....

Or argue somewhere else. This is getting annoying.
Liquid
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4 x 4Gb Corsair Dominator 1866MHz Samsung 830 256GB LG DVD Burner Win 7 x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
DELL U3011 DELL U3011 DELL U2410 Ducy Shine 2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Platinum 1200W Silverstone FT03 G500 Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
Audio
Yamaha HS80m 
  hide details  
Liquid
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4 x 4Gb Corsair Dominator 1866MHz Samsung 830 256GB LG DVD Burner Win 7 x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
DELL U3011 DELL U3011 DELL U2410 Ducy Shine 2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Platinum 1200W Silverstone FT03 G500 Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
Audio
Yamaha HS80m 
  hide details  
post #78 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
Okay, I understand they're having issues.

But as it stands, according to those benchmarks, GTX 580 SLi is beating GTX 590 by ~15%.

So, for your claim that GTX 590 beats GTX 580 Triple SLi, the driver issue would have to be hindering performance 60-70%.

Meaning that people who have GTX 590s today are only seeing 1/3 of the performance their card has.

Those are your words, not mine.
I said the 480...That's 1+1+1+1 = 4....FOUR EIGHT ZERO.

And yes we are only seeing 1/3 ~ 1/2 of the current performance...Again, had you read the thread YOU USED as a source, it's actually in there.

Then if you go back to a few days ago on the EVGA forums, EVGA Tech Jacob AGAIN states there are issues benching these cards...2 clicks?

You sit here, insulting people without actually comprehending the problem.

The problem is you can't compare something that's broken to something that works...Period. Which, is what you're doing 100%.

I am EXTREMELY happy with my 590 purchase because as I said previously, eventually the card will work as intended.
post #79 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
You're trying to convince me that an Antec Twelve Hundred (which I own) couldn't fit two GTX 480s with aftermarket coolers that cost 50$?

And so, you spent 700$ to DOWNGRADE your performance just because the stock cooler on the GTX 590 is slightly less noisy when not overclocked than the GTX 480s if you hadn't overclocked them?

You're high on something.. that's all I know.
I don't need to try to convince YOU if aftermarket coolers weren't going to fit, cause they weren't. Not with my mobo and the limited PCI-E slots on the 1200; not with my setup, which has a 9800 GT for PhysX as well.

And not that it matters, but I mentioned watercooling, which was going to be needed as I was already running the fans 90-100% with voltages at 1.075 and an OC to 875 core. That would have cost more and I wasn't going to ghetto-mount a large rad on the outside of my case either. Not to mention, there just isn't enough room to comfortably fit all the tubing i'd need with all the components I have in this case. The Antec 1200 wasn't made with watercooling in mind.

As far as performance, no, I didn't downgrade, period, nor did I spend $700 as I barely spent any money making the switch after selling both 480s. I am running my 590 at 700/1400/1800 and it's doing fine at stock voltage after having gone through a few 3DMark11 and Heaven runs, gaming, etc. It's absolutely stable.

And there is no comparison between the noise of my 480s vs a single 590 - the 480s literally sounded like a hair dryer inside my case, whereas the 590's fan is barely audible, period, even after I tested it running it at 90%. I tolerated the 480s' noise for a long, long time, because I loved the performance, but had to draw the line at some point.

Which makes the fan argument moot, because if I didn't OC my 480s and kept them at stock, i'd have still had higher numbers with my 590.

Not sure what point you're trying to prove here, other than still trying to convince ME that MY purchasing decision didn't fit MY needs. You can stop whenever you want, you know.
Apotheosis
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X @ 4.6 Ghz (1.32v) ASUS X99-Deluxe 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLI 32GB Crucial DDR4 2666 (4x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (OS) 4x Crucial M4 256GB SSD 14x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 4x EK-RAM Monarch Module (Black) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-XTOP w/ Dual D5 Pumps, EK-X3 250 Res, EK-D5 ... 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 480mm Rads (1x top mo... 2x Alphacool NexXxos UT60 240mm Rads (1x front ... PrimoChill Rigid Acrylic tubing (White), Advanc... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2x EK-FC Titan X Pascal Nickel GPU Blocks w/ EK... 2x EK-RAM Monarch X4 Nickel/Acetal CSQ RAM Bloc... Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit 1x Acer Predator X34 @ 3440x1440p 34" IPS + 100... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum EVGA SuperNova P2 1600W Platinum CaseLabs SMA8 (Gunmetal Exterior/Black Interior... Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G440 Audioengine HD6 w/ S8 Subwoofer Campfire Audio Vega IEMs Schiit Magni 2 Uber Amp 
AudioOtherOther
Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller NZXT HUE RGB LED Controller 
  hide details  
Apotheosis
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X @ 4.6 Ghz (1.32v) ASUS X99-Deluxe 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLI 32GB Crucial DDR4 2666 (4x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (OS) 4x Crucial M4 256GB SSD 14x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 4x EK-RAM Monarch Module (Black) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-XTOP w/ Dual D5 Pumps, EK-X3 250 Res, EK-D5 ... 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 480mm Rads (1x top mo... 2x Alphacool NexXxos UT60 240mm Rads (1x front ... PrimoChill Rigid Acrylic tubing (White), Advanc... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2x EK-FC Titan X Pascal Nickel GPU Blocks w/ EK... 2x EK-RAM Monarch X4 Nickel/Acetal CSQ RAM Bloc... Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit 1x Acer Predator X34 @ 3440x1440p 34" IPS + 100... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum EVGA SuperNova P2 1600W Platinum CaseLabs SMA8 (Gunmetal Exterior/Black Interior... Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G440 Audioengine HD6 w/ S8 Subwoofer Campfire Audio Vega IEMs Schiit Magni 2 Uber Amp 
AudioOtherOther
Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller NZXT HUE RGB LED Controller 
  hide details  
post #80 of 84
I didn't read all the pages.

So OP, are you reallying wanting to buy a GTX 590 to pair with your DUAL CORE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX590 Availibility