Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Looking for an IPS-panel gaming monitor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for an IPS-panel gaming monitor - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerd View Post
LED, 120hz, AND IPS?!

I wonder how this monitor is. Amazon states it not released yet at just a tad bit over $400. I really want to see how well this monitor does. I might have to be the test subject once it comes out.
LED sucks on IPS displays. CCFL back lighting is much better. It's interpolated 120hz, not native. So it's like the fake 120hz TVs that are out these days. Only accepts 60hz source.

And it most likely will not be the worlds best IPS panel either.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 32
after owning the u2311h and u2410, i can confidently say that my current zr24w is superior in terms of response time and black levels... also the build quality is much nicer than the ultrasharps
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
LED sucks on IPS displays. CCFL back lighting is much better. It's interpolated 120hz, not native. So it's like the fake 120hz TVs that are out these days. Only accepts 60hz source.

And it most likely will not be the worlds best IPS panel either.
That's what I thought. I had to go look it up on google

Oh well. Maybe wait a little longer for something good to come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
after owning the u2311h and u2410, i can confidently say that my current zr24w is superior in terms of response time and black levels... also the build quality is much nicer than the ultrasharps
I've been looking the HP monitor. It's a little more expensive the the Dell, but if it's better looking than the Dell, I'd spend that extra cash. I could care less about the stand and controls as I don't touch them very often . . .
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) EVGA GTX 560 SLI Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB CL8 1600 
Hard DriveOSPower
WD Black Windows 7 x64 Corsair AX750 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) EVGA GTX 560 SLI Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB CL8 1600 
Hard DriveOSPower
WD Black Windows 7 x64 Corsair AX750 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
LED sucks on IPS displays. CCFL back lighting is much better. It's interpolated 120hz, not native. So it's like the fake 120hz TVs that are out these days. Only accepts 60hz source.

And it most likely will not be the worlds best IPS panel either.
Doesn't the interpolating create additional latency too? I know my TV does when using it; can't play games with it on.
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post
Doesn't the interpolating create additional latency too? I know my TV does when using it; can't play games with it on.
Yes. Yes it does. Although the lag could be theoretically reduced to 1 frame (16ms) of the 60hz source, interpolated 120hz can't reduce it any further

Modern TVs have a ridiculous amount of input lag with 120hz mode on. Ours has like 500ms with it on.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABerd View Post
LED, 120hz, AND IPS?!

I wonder how this monitor is. Amazon states it not released yet at just a tad bit over $400. I really want to see how well this monitor does. I might have to be the test subject once it comes out.
It will not be real 120Hz obviously but what a monitor this sounds like.

27 inch and IPS and for only $400. It also appears to be fast. I assure you. This monitor will rule and finally there is a great alternative for games and movies between U2311H and the more expensive U2711 and Apple LED Cinema Display.

This is the best Displaynews I have heard for a long while!

I cant wait. I need this LG E2770V-BF!

Big thanx to you JournaL who found this screen!
Edited by JB12345 - 4/12/11 at 2:41pm
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
after owning the u2311h and u2410, i can confidently say that my current zr24w is superior in terms of response time and black levels...
Probably the most ridicolous comment I have read. ZR24W is infamous for its poor black levels and low contrast ratio. U2410 is widely regarded as a better monitor.

Really tiresome to read how some owners fool themselves to believe that their monitor is better than it actually is.

Lightness in black
(lower is better)


http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_zr24w.htm
Edited by JB12345 - 4/12/11 at 2:53pm
post #28 of 32
About E2770V

E2370V seems to be a really good screen which is an indication of how well E2770V will perform

"Wonderful colour, night and day compared to a high quality laptop screen. No ghosting in gaming, none, yes I mean none."
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824005232

This E2370V appears to be a very good alternative for you who consider U2311.
post #29 of 32
This all gets too confusing as to which monitor to get that will have good color and also be good for gaming. The viewsonics seem like they are good but I dont know anymore. This is the one I was thinking of http://www.digitalversus.com/viewson...7_6823_41.html

The only draw back to it is it is only 22" and I would really prefer something larger to give great games more of an epic fell. My 40" Samsung LCD/LED makes games like Just cause 2 look great and feel big, but the performance of the TV as a gaming monitor is just lacking with slow response and lag even in game mode.

there are just too many different ones to chose from and each has something slightly different. Some have really good "this" and poor "that". These companies seem to refuse to produce a good all around monitor that will tackle anything you throw at it. I am sure they can but this is a way for them to suck more money of the consumer. Oh, you want really good color quality then buy this one but if you want really good gaming, buy this one. Oh, you need both? Then you better buy both. Hey we are in business to serve our customers needs

I just want a monitor that has everything! is that too much to ask?lol
post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgearfan View Post
This all gets too confusing as to which monitor to get that will have good color and also be good for gaming. The viewsonics seem like they are good but I dont know anymore. This is the one I was thinking of http://www.digitalversus.com/viewson...7_6823_41.html

The only draw back to it is it is only 22" and I would really prefer something larger to give great games more of an epic fell. My 40" Samsung LCD/LED makes games like Just cause 2 look great and feel big, but the performance of the TV as a gaming monitor is just lacking with slow response and lag even in game mode.

there are just too many different ones to chose from and each has something slightly different. Some have really good "this" and poor "that". These companies seem to refuse to produce a good all around monitor that will tackle anything you throw at it. I am sure they can but this is a way for them to suck more money of the consumer. Oh, you want really good color quality then buy this one but if you want really good gaming, buy this one. Oh, you need both? Then you better buy both. Hey we are in business to serve our customers needs

I just want a monitor that has everything! is that too much to ask?lol
If you want it all, get the monitor I have (NEC MultiSync 20WGX2) from someone, or be willing to spend over a grand. There isn't any suitable upgrade for my monitor at the moment.. and its been 4-5 years. I don't see monitors that have a Gloss screen and an IPS panel together (everything is matte~ Opticlear is sexy). 20 inches doesn't seem big anymore, as my friend all have those cheap TN panels boosting 16:9 HD or 16:10. They don't really care bout quality as much as the size. I want the same monitor I have now, but in a bigger size.. hehe might be too much to ask.

The Dell U2311, and the U2410 look very good, but I'm just not satisfied enough. The HP ZR24W looks good too, but again, there are problems. I will just keep waiting until something awesome comes up, or eventually have the money to get the U2410. (I do game, but meh.. I'd pick quality over response time~ I can always get another monitor for gaming, but there isn't anything for the best of both worlds... )

The LG definitely looks very intriguing, and it is interpolated (so no reason for a display port).
I was looking at the LG 2370 as well, but until an expert review comes out, I will just have to sit back and wait. Thanks for all the information and advice guys.




NEC Monitors are not targeted at consumers anymore, mostly professional and business (which is sad). I can't find an NEC Retailer at a local computer shop since 2008 (Fry's Electronics for example).

I always like the NEC monitors, owned a 1333LCD, Multisync 70GX2 and of course my Multisync 20WGX2.
2010 Custom Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe V2 X58 EVGA Geforce GTX 285 6 GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Caviar Black, 2 TB WD Caviar Green Samsung 22X DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate NEC Multisync 20WGX2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 350 Seasonic X750 Gold CoolerMaster HaF 932 Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Ripper XL 
  hide details  
Reply
2010 Custom Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe V2 X58 EVGA Geforce GTX 285 6 GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Caviar Black, 2 TB WD Caviar Green Samsung 22X DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate NEC Multisync 20WGX2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 350 Seasonic X750 Gold CoolerMaster HaF 932 Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Ripper XL 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Looking for an IPS-panel gaming monitor