Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Best Psu For $50???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Psu For $50??? - Page 2

post #11 of 21
http://www.overclock.net/other-components/969814-seasonic-ss500-et-500w-psu-80plus.html
4-year build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 @ 4GHz 1.27v (LOAD) EVGA 750i SLI EVGA GTX 460 768MB SC @ 870/1075 G.SKILL PI Black 4GB 4-4-4-12 850MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Blue Caviar 320GB Windows 7 x64 DELL SE198WFP ThermalTake TR2 430w 
Case
It's a table!! 
  hide details  
Reply
4-year build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 @ 4GHz 1.27v (LOAD) EVGA 750i SLI EVGA GTX 460 768MB SC @ 870/1075 G.SKILL PI Black 4GB 4-4-4-12 850MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Blue Caviar 320GB Windows 7 x64 DELL SE198WFP ThermalTake TR2 430w 
Case
It's a table!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kora04 View Post
+1 for the find kora....that would be PERFECT for the OP
post #13 of 21
RE: You don't "need" a 450w PSU for a 6850 rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfkevski View Post
The link you posted speaks for itself and works against your argument. The full system they reviewed was drawing 295W. How, then, is a 450W recommendation justifiable?
Despite what Guru3D recommends, it's not justifiable. Guru3D is a good site for hardware reviews but their PSU recommendations are needlessly inflated.
post #14 of 21
Lappy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
I5 2520M Dell Intel HD3000 Samsung 830 128GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate LED 
  hide details  
Reply
Lappy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
I5 2520M Dell Intel HD3000 Samsung 830 128GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 21
Ultra mega
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
The brain of Leonardo da Vinci the skill of Michelangelo  The passion of Enzo Ferrari  Fort Knox 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hubble telescope Bio organic dark matter when you see it you'll know the irl eyes 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Neural interface  SSj 9001 Goku Im on it Sabretooth wolf rat 
Mouse PadAudio
skin of a t-rex the yell 
  hide details  
Reply
Ultra mega
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
The brain of Leonardo da Vinci the skill of Michelangelo  The passion of Enzo Ferrari  Fort Knox 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hubble telescope Bio organic dark matter when you see it you'll know the irl eyes 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Neural interface  SSj 9001 Goku Im on it Sabretooth wolf rat 
Mouse PadAudio
skin of a t-rex the yell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian86 View Post
That should be the winner right there $50 Shipped after promo for a 630w and it is on the OCN recommended list.
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub View Post
RE: You don't "need" a 450w PSU for a 6850 rig



The link you posted speaks for itself and works against your argument. The full system they reviewed was drawing 295W. How, then, is a 450W recommendation justifiable?
Despite what Guru3D recommends, it's not justifiable. Guru3D is a good site for hardware reviews but their PSU recommendations are needlessly inflated.
Ok, so after crunching numbers you are, absolutely, correct. Because the 295W was being pulled from the recepticle at the wall, if a true 80 Plus, or better, PSU...he would in fact only "need" a 350W PSU. I, personally wouldn't trust anything less than a quality 450W PSU to a setup such as the OP, because if he wants more fans, fan controller, BD, DVD, more HDD, etc. etc. I don't believe that anything less would be trustworthy, but that is my personal opinion, so take it as you will.
post #18 of 21
No PSU for $50 is going to be good. Put some money into it and you'll be thankful down the road.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.5 ASUS P8P67 Pro 980TI Classified 16GB x G.Skill 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
8TB worth Windows 7 x64 Dell 3007WFP + BenQ 24" + Acer 22" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850W Antec 900 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.5 ASUS P8P67 Pro 980TI Classified 16GB x G.Skill 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
8TB worth Windows 7 x64 Dell 3007WFP + BenQ 24" + Acer 22" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850W Antec 900 MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 21
After further research it seems that the Corsair CX430 for $45, $20 after MIR, would perform for your setup.

JonnyGuru's Review on the CX430
Good luck with whatever you decide.
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 View Post
No PSU for $50 is going to be good. Put some money into it and you'll be thankful down the road.
Completely wrong. Read the posts throughout this topic, look at the units recommended so far.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Best Psu For $50???