Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › How To: Remove Your AMD GPU Drivers (New - 2016)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How To: Remove Your AMD GPU Drivers (New - 2016) - Page 31

post #301 of 454
Thanks for that. Me I just uninstall from the Device Manager then run CCleaner registry clean then re-install the new driver. Haven't had any issues doing it that way.
post #302 of 454
Thanks for this.

Why is it such a task to uninstall drivers though? It's 2014. I mean my god. Who is at fault here, are amd and nvidia this lazy or is windows just that bad? I really don't understand why it doesn't seem possible to code automatic removal of everything a driver package installs. All I know is of I express uninstall like amd tells me, and then restart and install a new driver, the old driver version is still there. Using ccleaner in safe mode doesn't help either.
my pc
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor PCS+ AXR9 290 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial m500 SSD LG GGC H20L Bluray/HDDVD combo drive Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro all copper Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 420 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 280 radiator Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X3 290X Windows 8.1 Qnix QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard EVGA 1000w P2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo white Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse 
AudioOther
Cyber Acoustics 3602a Western Digital Red 6tb HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
my pc
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor PCS+ AXR9 290 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial m500 SSD LG GGC H20L Bluray/HDDVD combo drive Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro all copper Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 420 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 280 radiator Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X3 290X Windows 8.1 Qnix QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard EVGA 1000w P2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo white Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse 
AudioOther
Cyber Acoustics 3602a Western Digital Red 6tb HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #303 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by taem View Post

Thanks for this.

Why is it such a task to uninstall drivers though? It's 2014. I mean my god. Who is at fault here, are amd and nvidia this lazy or is windows just that bad? I really don't understand why it doesn't seem possible to code automatic removal of everything a driver package installs. All I know is of I express uninstall like amd tells me, and then restart and install a new driver, the old driver version is still there. Using ccleaner in safe mode doesn't help either.


It's not. You never have to do this silly tedious task and I've posted it numerous times in this thread lol. 99% of the time the bolded is all you need to do, nods.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #304 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

It's not. You never have to do this silly tedious task and I've posted it numerous times in this thread lol. 99% of the time the bolded is all you need to do, nods.

I just said in that post you quoted that it did not work for me. Old driver versions still remain. I actually did a reformat/os install (was brand new system so no biggie) just to install those new drivers and then the new driver versions appeared correctly.
my pc
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor PCS+ AXR9 290 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial m500 SSD LG GGC H20L Bluray/HDDVD combo drive Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro all copper Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 420 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 280 radiator Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X3 290X Windows 8.1 Qnix QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard EVGA 1000w P2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo white Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse 
AudioOther
Cyber Acoustics 3602a Western Digital Red 6tb HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
my pc
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor PCS+ AXR9 290 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial m500 SSD LG GGC H20L Bluray/HDDVD combo drive Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro all copper Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 420 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 280 radiator Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X3 290X Windows 8.1 Qnix QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard EVGA 1000w P2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo white Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse 
AudioOther
Cyber Acoustics 3602a Western Digital Red 6tb HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #305 of 454
Did all this. Checked dx diag and still has a driver for amd. Can anyone request another solution?
post #306 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by taem View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

It's not. You never have to do this silly tedious task and I've posted it numerous times in this thread lol. 99% of the time the bolded is all you need to do, nods.

I just said in that post you quoted that it did not work for me. Old driver versions still remain. I actually did a reformat/os install (was brand new system so no biggie) just to install those new drivers and then the new driver versions appeared correctly.


Most ppl don't know that driver version in catalyst menu is statically read out of the registry. You can type in Batman love Robin if you wanted too. If you want to confirm yer using the right driver drill down thru device manager.


**You know thinking about it for a second, the standard uninstall doesn't overwrite these keys. It only creates them if they are not pre-existing. If you're really OCD, after uninstalling the driver and before reboot, simply go to device manager and uninstall the vga device. This cleans the registry of vga settings.
Edited by tsm106 - 1/30/14 at 1:41pm
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #307 of 454
Hello guys,

I need help with this:



Did fallow all guide from first post and after installing latest drivers i steel can see my old gpu. ***?

Update: I did sorted issue out when I did use:

Display Driver Uninstaller 12.1 (beta) (02-08-2014)

from: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Edited by wgizmo - 2/8/14 at 1:30pm
post #308 of 454
Sorry if this is a stupid question:

I uninstalled/deleted all AMD gpu drivers from my computer by following the steps BradleyW cited on page 1. I did this before I downloaded 13.12 drivers. After, I was experiencing tearing problems, and just not running smoothly at all, ect.

I went ahead and uninstalled CCC and deleted ALL AMD/ATI folders, or at least I think i did. I checked on my MSI Afterburner to see which drivers I was running, or if it would even show. It went from 13.12 back to 13.11...

My quesiton is:

Is there more AMD/ATI files I am missing somehow? Where can I find them, I really looked in every single regedit folder.
post #309 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by baygamer415 View Post

Sorry if this is a stupid question:

I uninstalled/deleted all AMD gpu drivers from my computer by following the steps BradleyW cited on page 1. I did this before I downloaded 13.12 drivers. After, I was experiencing tearing problems, and just not running smoothly at all, ect.

I went ahead and uninstalled CCC and deleted ALL AMD/ATI folders, or at least I think i did. I checked on my MSI Afterburner to see which drivers I was running, or if it would even show. It went from 13.12 back to 13.11...

My quesiton is:

Is there more AMD/ATI files I am missing somehow? Where can I find them, I really looked in every single regedit folder.

Do what i did and sorted!
post #310 of 454
Wow, a 3 year old thread and still no solution. Not sure who owes me a refund, ATI or Microsoft. Their products are clearly incompatible. After following all of Bradley's steps, a simple search shows hundreds of ATI/AMD folders remaining, that cannot be 'removed'.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › How To: Remove Your AMD GPU Drivers (New - 2016)