Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [FaceBook] New BF3 trailer-Like to unlock
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FaceBook] New BF3 trailer-Like to unlock - Page 33

post #321 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman;13135414 
I saw that and almost came.. It was beautiful. This game seems just plain epic.. in every way. They even fixed the awful faces. I'm so excited.

Your a sad panda.....kookoo.gif
White Parvum
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k GigaByte Sniper G1 M3 VTX3D HD 7990 DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB ADATA S511 2 x 1TB Samsung M8 Water Cooling. Alphacool / EK Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Hazro 30" 2560x1600 YAMAKASI Catleap Q270 LED Logitech G19 XFX 1KW Platinum Pro 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Parvum S1.0 Logitech G5 OCUK XXXL 
  hide details  
Reply
White Parvum
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k GigaByte Sniper G1 M3 VTX3D HD 7990 DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB ADATA S511 2 x 1TB Samsung M8 Water Cooling. Alphacool / EK Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Hazro 30" 2560x1600 YAMAKASI Catleap Q270 LED Logitech G19 XFX 1KW Platinum Pro 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Parvum S1.0 Logitech G5 OCUK XXXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #322 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche;13138621 
1280x1024 thumb.gif

My concern is less with how "nice" the graphics look, and more to do with what's going on in the scenes that's unconvincing of actual real-time gameplay. Take the part in the vid from the OP, where your character launches an RPG--there was nothing to indicate that the player was doing anything to control the action in that scene. There was no aiming. It was "pick up the RPG and shoot it in that general direction." Then the character was already folding-down the targeting sight on the RPG (where the scene ends). It's suspicious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino;13139968 
I believe he is referring to how the player has no control during these moments. It appears that it is just a "hit e at AT-4" and it goes into a first person scenematic (I can't spell).

Uh.. no. Here's your proof that it is real gameplay. Fault line Episode 2. You can clearly see he aims the AT4. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLib2olQPZY[/ame]

I'd like to add we've already seen most of the other footage shown in this trailer, and (so far) it's all been from actual gameplay.
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
post #323 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpctech;13140790 
Your a sad panda.....kookoo.gif

Because I enjoy my games.. a lot?

..Don't judge me!
post #324 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros;13138121 
Few flaws:

Teehee. Pssstt... I do have my own server. I'm in the unofficial OCN clan.

So because I enjoy a (squad-oriented game, btw) with a few friends I'm automatically a "butt-humping pub stomper?" Most of the time we WERE on separate teams due to the server being full. I think ujustmad.

I never said they weren't fine. I just said I don't like flying because it is too "easy" and it feels fake to me in BC2. I'm a veteran of every Battlefield game, think what you want about my "attitude."

No, the pilots didn't suck. I vividly remember because I had a good laugh at everyone in the server whining about them whoring. I get annoyed when I spawn and get bombed instantaneously. That's not what I was arguing. My main argument is: jet "whores" are complained about too much. Do you complain about "gun whores?" It's a vehicle in the game. Use it. If you're skilled enough to last the entire round being killed only once or twice, you deserve every right to. I think ujustmad.

confused.gif I had a $30 Logitech Extreme 3D joystick and enjoyed the hell out flying in BF2. For the record, I was nowhere near being a jet/chopper/armor whore. I was killer as Special Ops. I think ujustmad.

Countermeasures don't do a thing to AT4. You GUIDE the AT4. There's no way for them to stop you from hitting them other than killing you. I seriously think ujustmad.

This illustrates exactly why jets should never have returned.

Ordinary players becoming bomb-fodder: Dammit, man, who at Dice thought vehicles that are nearly impossible to hit, drop ridiculous amounts of firepower, and never have to land, were a balanced addition to this supposedly semi-accessible non-sim game?

Elitists: Har har hurr durr ujustmad cuz u cant aim and im so leet i can hit dose jets wit mah rockit lawnchar! Its a vehickal in da gaem just liek teh guns r in da gaem so ujustmad u cant use dem hahaha!!1

Notice how the elitist doesn't even attempt to address the issue of balance? Sorta like AWP whores in CS? Just because it's in the game, and each team gets one, magically makes it balanced.

Meanwhile, those of us who DON'T play the game like it's a career just stick to infantry-only servers because we'd like to actually play the game, instead of serving as the cannon fodder in some nerd's power fantasy.
post #325 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn;13141254 
This illustrates exactly why jets should never have returned.

Ordinary players becoming bomb-fodder: Dammit, man, who at Dice thought vehicles that are nearly impossible to hit, drop ridiculous amounts of firepower, and never have to land, were a balanced addition to this supposedly semi-accessible non-sim game?

Elitists: Har har hurr durr ujustmad cuz u cant aim and im so leet i can hit dose jets wit mah rockit lawnchar! Its a vehickal in da gaem just liek teh guns r in da gaem so ujustmad u cant use dem hahaha!!1

Notice how the elitist doesn't even attempt to address the issue of balance? Sorta like AWP whores in CS? Just because it's in the game, and each team gets one, magically makes it balanced.

Meanwhile, those of us who DON'T play the game like it's a career just stick to infantry-only servers because we'd like to actually play the game, instead of serving as the cannon fodder in some nerd's power fantasy.

It should be made so they'd have to land to rearm and repair instead of going over the airfield slow haha.
Dev0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz ASUS M4A78-E 790GX PowerColor HD Radeon 7850 2 GB 2x4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M500 240 GB SSD Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Burner 20x Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS VH226H 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech PC Power & Cooling 500W Antec Three Hundred Modded Microsoft 3-Button Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cheap Soft Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
Dev0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz ASUS M4A78-E 790GX PowerColor HD Radeon 7850 2 GB 2x4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M500 240 GB SSD Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Burner 20x Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS VH226H 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech PC Power & Cooling 500W Antec Three Hundred Modded Microsoft 3-Button Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cheap Soft Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #326 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn;13141254 
This illustrates exactly why jets should never have returned.

Ordinary players becoming bomb-fodder: Dammit, man, who at Dice thought vehicles that are nearly impossible to hit, drop ridiculous amounts of firepower, and never have to land, were a balanced addition to this supposedly semi-accessible non-sim game?

Elitists: Har har hurr durr ujustmad cuz u cant aim and im so leet i can hit dose jets wit mah rockit lawnchar! Its a vehickal in da gaem just liek teh guns r in da gaem so ujustmad u cant use dem hahaha!!1

Notice how the elitist doesn't even attempt to address the issue of balance? Sorta like AWP whores in CS? Just because it's in the game, and each team gets one, magically makes it balanced.

Meanwhile, those of us who DON'T play the game like it's a career just stick to infantry-only servers because we'd like to actually play the game, instead of serving as the cannon fodder in some nerd's power fantasy.
I don't know man.. I'm all about balance, but jets are just plain awesome.

Plus.. It's not like only the enemies get to have jets.
post #327 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn;13141254 
This illustrates exactly why jets should never have returned.

Ordinary players becoming bomb-fodder: Dammit, man, who at Dice thought vehicles that are nearly impossible to hit, drop ridiculous amounts of firepower, and never have to land, were a balanced addition to this supposedly semi-accessible non-sim game?

Elitists: Har har hurr durr ujustmad cuz u cant aim and im so leet i can hit dose jets wit mah rockit lawnchar! Its a vehickal in da gaem just liek teh guns r in da gaem so ujustmad u cant use dem hahaha!!1

Notice how the elitist doesn't even attempt to address the issue of balance? Sorta like AWP whores in CS? Just because it's in the game, and each team gets one, magically makes it balanced.

Meanwhile, those of us who DON'T play the game like it's a career just stick to infantry-only servers because we'd like to actually play the game, instead of serving as the cannon fodder in some nerd's power fantasy.

You're blowing the issue out of proportion, making it more than it needs to be, trying to make it seem as if I'M the nerd where you're the one(s) complaining like one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucdan;13141324 
It should be made so they'd have to land to rearm and repair instead of going over the airfield slow haha.

Definitely. Absolutely agree with this, or at least a cooldown, where jets must land and wait a minute or so for the carrier/airbase to refill its weapons.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #328 of 631
If you watch carefully in the tank shot, you'll see a bunch of explosions erupt over each of the tanks. Those blasts are the product of a very rare and exotic munition called the "Sensor Fuzed Weapon." It's basically one of the coolest smart bombs on the planet, and possibly the rarest.

As far as I know it's only been dropped once in anger. I believe it was in Operation: Iraqi Freedom we dropped ONE of these bad boys on an advancing Iraqi tank column, neutralized about 1/3 of the tanks with A SINGLE BOMB and the rest of the tank crews surrendered immediately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBU-97_Sensor_Fuzed_Weapon


If you want to learn more about it.
Edited by SlayerS_`Archduke` - 4/15/11 at 2:59pm
The Obelisk
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 ASUS Rampage III Formula EVGA GeForce GTX 480 2-Way SLI  6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M4 128GB SATA III LG DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 w/ Shin Etsu 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II Windows 7 Home Premium LG Flatron W2361 SteelSeries 7g 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Kingwin Lazer LZ-1000 Corsair Graphite Series 600T WHITE Logitech G500 SteelSeries 4HD 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 ASUS Rampage III Formula EVGA GeForce GTX 480 2-Way SLI  6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Crucial M4 128GB SATA III LG DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14 w/ Shin Etsu 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II Windows 7 Home Premium LG Flatron W2361 SteelSeries 7g 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Kingwin Lazer LZ-1000 Corsair Graphite Series 600T WHITE Logitech G500 SteelSeries 4HD 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #329 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros;13141438 
You're blowing the issue out of proportion, making it more than it needs to be, trying to make it seem as if I'M the nerd where you're the one(s) complaining like one.

Right, because you weren't mocking the other guy for not being able to shoot down a jet with a f*cking rocket launcher, were you?

The point is that when DICE caters to your point of view, they crap all over the vast majority of the players' experiences.
post #330 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerS_`Archduke`;13141498 
If you watch carefully in the tank shot, you'll see a bunch of explosions erupt over each of the tanks. Those blasts are the product of a very rare and exotic munition called the "Sensor Fuzed Weapon." It's basically one of the coolest smart bombs on the planet, and possibly the rarest.

As far as I know it's only been dropped once in anger. I believe it was in Operation: Iraqi Freedom we dropped ONE of these bad boys on an advancing Iraqi tank column, neutralized about 1/3 of the tanks with A SINGLE BOMB and the rest of the tank crews surrendered immediately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBU-97_Sensor_Fuzed_Weapon


If you want to learn more about it.

I saw a TV special on that a few years ago. I know they tested this at one of the Air Force bases in Fort Walton.
It was very impressive.
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [FaceBook] New BF3 trailer-Like to unlock