Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › [H] $1000 showdown. 6990+6970 v 580 SLI *56k warning*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[H] $1000 showdown. 6990+6970 v 580 SLI *56k warning* - Page 13  

post #121 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianblessed View Post
He is not trying to suppress anything of the sort. If someone cares only for "premium" then they will look to another review that doesn't take cost into account at all, no? That is the point you are trying to make is it not? It seems you are so far off topic and unable to see past your fanboy blinders that you simply lack the ability to make sense at all. Your argument through out this entire thread is completely out of the parameters for discussion based on your disregard for the reviews basis...Cost Comparison!
I've already addressed this in posts several pages back, but you are unable to do some simple reading and see it, I guess the ATI 3GPU VS 2GPU orgy is spreading like wildfire and blinding all!

Try again?

I'll saying this again for anyone who has missed my point.

I agree with the damn article, for $1000 the 6990+6970 is the way to go if you are looking for cost/performance. I have no problem with that and never did. However, the fact that it takes 3 GPU's to take on 2 GPU's I find that rather pathetic - but that has absolutely nothing to do with cost comparison if you use your common sense. I'm not targeting price in any way with that.
Edited by Grim Reaper - 4/12/11 at 10:21am
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
post #122 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
I've already addressed this in posts several pages back, but you are unable to do some simple reading and see it, I guess the ATI 3GPU VS 2GPU orgy is spreading like wildfire and blinding all!

Try again?
You're correct, I did not read through the entire thread. It's not even about the GPU count mismatch, however. A point I see you still haven't grasped. What exactly is it you want me to try?
post #123 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
I've already addressed this in posts several pages back, but you are unable to do some simple reading and see it, I guess the ATI 3GPU VS 2GPU orgy is spreading like wildfire and blinding all!

Try again?

I'll saying this again for anyone who has missed my point.

I agree with the damn article, for $1000 the 6990+6970 is the way to go if you are looking for cost/performance. I have no problem with that and never did. However, the fact that it takes 3 GPU's to take on 2 GPU's I find that rather pathetic - but that has absolutely nothing to do with cost comparison if you use your common sense. I'm not targeting price in any way with that.
they are doing more than taking on the 580's they are killing the 580s (as it should) and its already been shown in other articles that 2 6970s can come close to 2 580s given how well crossfire currently scales
Server/Gaming Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 intel E5-2670 Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Visiontek R9 390 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8x4GB DDR3 1333 ECC Registered Toshiba 5TB X300 Seagate 4TB HGST 4TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Sandisk 240GB Sandisk 480GB Samsung 830 128GB Toshiba 6TB X300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Toshiba 5TB X300 Toshiba 5TB X300 WH16NS40 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S1715H Dell u2311h blackwidow ultimate Kingwin Lazer platinum 1000w 
CaseMouse
Corsair 800D Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
Server/Gaming Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 intel E5-2670 Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Visiontek R9 390 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8x4GB DDR3 1333 ECC Registered Toshiba 5TB X300 Seagate 4TB HGST 4TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Sandisk 240GB Sandisk 480GB Samsung 830 128GB Toshiba 6TB X300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Toshiba 5TB X300 Toshiba 5TB X300 WH16NS40 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S1715H Dell u2311h blackwidow ultimate Kingwin Lazer platinum 1000w 
CaseMouse
Corsair 800D Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
post #124 of 175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
It's about the price right? Well based on that price there is indeed a GPU count mismatch whether you or anyone else here is willing to admit it and that's all I'm pointing out. For $1000, price for performance, 6990+6970 setup all the way, the fact that we have 3 GPU's against 2 GPU's to achieve it... not so much. However that isn't about price though, and as I said in my earlier posts which you didn't read, it's all fair in the price game, just not in GPU count which I find rather laughable.
in which case the fair comparison for number of GPU's is 3 570's, which lose to any 3 69XX.
Edited by FLCLimax - 4/12/11 at 10:35am
post #125 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay View Post
they are doing more than taking on the 580's they are killing the 580s (as it should) and its already been shown in other articles that 2 6970s can come close to 2 580s given how well crossfire currently scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post
in which case the fair comparison for number of GPU's is 3 570's, which lose to any 3 69XX.

Well that's all fine then. As I said I never had a problem with price, you people are getting heated over the wrong thing. Fair comparison in their GPU count to complement the price comparison right? Now that wasn't so hard right?
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
post #126 of 175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Well that's all fine then. As I said I never had a problem with price, you people are getting heated over the wrong thing. Fair comparison in their GPU count to complement the price comparison right? Now that wasn't so hard right?
i can't speak for anyone else but i'm quite cool right now.
post #127 of 175
I haven't read all 20 pages so don't know if it's been pointed out, but if you look at apples-to-apples (identical graphics settings), you'll see that the AMD setup performs 25-100% better than the NVIDIA setup. Three AMD cards perform 25-100% better than two NVIDIA cards and use only slightly more power while having the same price. A 100% increase is impressive when you only have 50% more GPU's. NVIDIA lost this. I would however rather skip all these cards and get me sum GTX 680 and HD 7870 action.
Edited by B!0HaZard - 4/12/11 at 10:47am
M1XN
(18 items)
 
Study Zenbook
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.2 GHz ASUS Maximus VI Impact MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 @ 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 64 GB Crucial M4 128 GB SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T 2 TB LiteOn DL-8ATSH 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 64-bit ViewSonic VP2770 Vortex Pok3r 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 NCASE M1 V2.5 Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK+ 
AudioOther
HiFiMan HE-400 Logitech C920 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317 GT 620M 2 GB soldered + 8 GB Corsair OCZ Vertex 3 120 
OS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
  hide details  
M1XN
(18 items)
 
Study Zenbook
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K @ 4.2 GHz ASUS Maximus VI Impact MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 @ 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 64 GB Crucial M4 128 GB SAMSUNG Spinpoint M9T 2 TB LiteOn DL-8ATSH 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 64-bit ViewSonic VP2770 Vortex Pok3r 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 NCASE M1 V2.5 Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK+ 
AudioOther
HiFiMan HE-400 Logitech C920 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3317 GT 620M 2 GB soldered + 8 GB Corsair OCZ Vertex 3 120 
OS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
  hide details  
post #128 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
However, in another instance I won't agree with 3 Vs 2 being fair outside of price point.
and neither would I! Nor would anyone else if we were looking for a standard comparison. That's the first thing I have read from you that makes sense.
post #129 of 175
This forum desperately needs a Negative Feedback option.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  MSI z68ma-EP55 4870 1GB 8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1333 (7-7-7-20) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCZ V2 SSD and lots of mech drives DVD-ROM Windows 7 chronic edition BENQ 1680X1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Kinesis Freestyle PC Power and Cooling 610watt Lian Li PC-A04B wowpen joy 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  MSI z68ma-EP55 4870 1GB 8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1333 (7-7-7-20) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCZ V2 SSD and lots of mech drives DVD-ROM Windows 7 chronic edition BENQ 1680X1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Kinesis Freestyle PC Power and Cooling 610watt Lian Li PC-A04B wowpen joy 
  hide details  
post #130 of 175
I don't really understand why people are surprised at the resolution for the test..

Who would buy tri-fire or dual 580 SLI for a single monitor?
Bare Essentials
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 4.0 GHz ASUS P6X58D Premium MSI 6950 2 GB CFX (shaders unlocked) Corsair XMS3 8 GB (4GB x2) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD Win7 Home Premium 64 bit Samsung S27A950D OCN Ducky (Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CoolerMaster HAF X CoolerMaster Storm Spawn Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Bare Essentials
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 4.0 GHz ASUS P6X58D Premium MSI 6950 2 GB CFX (shaders unlocked) Corsair XMS3 8 GB (4GB x2) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD Win7 Home Premium 64 bit Samsung S27A950D OCN Ducky (Browns) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CoolerMaster HAF X CoolerMaster Storm Spawn Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › [H] $1000 showdown. 6990+6970 v 580 SLI *56k warning*