Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Final card decision
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final card decision - Page 2

post #11 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Warrior View Post
Hahaha, thanks.
NP, fairly sure it won't be the last time I explode rep your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Warrior View Post
It does. Under the Connectors section:

"1 x 4+4-Pin ATX/EPS 12V"
Thanks, I r smart.

So I found 2 reviews of the MSI 560 TF2, they both list the card as being 237mm long, that calculates to 9.38 inches. The PCI-E connectors are on the back so that will leave just about .5 inches between the cords when they're plugged in and the HDD bays.

So all in all I think my research is finally over, I'm going to get that PSU you recommended.

I'll be sure to OC that 560 as if I don't it would be a waste of it's potential and apparently OC'ing it is incredibly simple even though I've never OC'd anything before.

I think the PSU is sufficient enough I can OC the card ? I ask questions when I don't know, that's how we learn, and this is the best place to do it.
post #12 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
NP, fairly sure it won't be the last time I explode rep your way.



Thanks, I r smart.

So I found 2 reviews of the MSI 560 TF2, they both list the card as being 237mm long, that calculates to 9.38 inches. The PCI-E connectors are on the back so that will leave just about .5 inches between the cords when they're plugged in and the HDD bays.

So all in all I think my research is finally over, I'm going to get that PSU you recommended.

I'll be sure to OC that 560 as if I don't it would be a waste of it's potential and apparently OC'ing it is incredibly simple even though I've never OC'd anything before.

I think the PSU is sufficient enough I can OC the card ? I ask questions when I don't know, that's how we learn, and this is the best place to do it.
You might be pushing it. Perhaps upgrade to a 450W
Supernova II
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB Caviar Black 1TB H100i-2 GT AP14s Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2312 IPS Dell 2007 WFP IPS Ducky Shine II- Cherry MX Ergo Clears Corsair HXi 1000 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer DeathAdder ASUS Xonar DX Audioengine A2s 
Audio
Sony MA900 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Supernova II
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB Caviar Black 1TB H100i-2 GT AP14s Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2312 IPS Dell 2007 WFP IPS Ducky Shine II- Cherry MX Ergo Clears Corsair HXi 1000 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer DeathAdder ASUS Xonar DX Audioengine A2s 
Audio
Sony MA900 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 40
That palit card is 1 GB, not 2. They don't make 2GB 560s yet, least to my knowledge.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Lapped@4GHz/201x20/1.392VHTON/1.372VHTOFF ASrock extreme p55 Powercolour 6970s in CF@950C/1500M@1.175(stock V) Kingston HyperX T1 4GB 2133MHz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate x64 ELETT221 @ 1920x1080 Microsoft curve Antec High Current Gamer 750w 
Mouse
iHome Fast Track Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Lapped@4GHz/201x20/1.392VHTON/1.372VHTOFF ASrock extreme p55 Powercolour 6970s in CF@950C/1500M@1.175(stock V) Kingston HyperX T1 4GB 2133MHz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ultimate x64 ELETT221 @ 1920x1080 Microsoft curve Antec High Current Gamer 750w 
Mouse
iHome Fast Track Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova. View Post
You might be pushing it. Perhaps upgrade to a 450W or 500W...
The PSU Booty linked is a 500watt......
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
The PSU Booty linked is a 500watt......
Lol, I am stupid. Did not read the thread.

Yes, you are fine
Supernova II
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB Caviar Black 1TB H100i-2 GT AP14s Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2312 IPS Dell 2007 WFP IPS Ducky Shine II- Cherry MX Ergo Clears Corsair HXi 1000 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer DeathAdder ASUS Xonar DX Audioengine A2s 
Audio
Sony MA900 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Supernova II
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus V Gene MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB Caviar Black 1TB H100i-2 GT AP14s Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2312 IPS Dell 2007 WFP IPS Ducky Shine II- Cherry MX Ergo Clears Corsair HXi 1000 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer DeathAdder ASUS Xonar DX Audioengine A2s 
Audio
Sony MA900 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraxinsoup View Post
That palit card is 1 GB, not 2. They don't make 2GB 560s yet, least to my knowledge.

No, it's a 2gb card. It's on newegg... there's a link, and other searches show comments saying it's 2GB...

1GB version

2GB version

2GB version is using default reference clock speeds and you pay more as it has 2GB of Vram.
1GB version is clocked significantly higher.
Edited by Ascii Aficionado - 4/12/11 at 6:09pm
post #17 of 40
The 560 Hawk was just announced; has the TFIII cooler, higher stock clocks, and by the looks of it actually has VRM cooling -> possible higher overclocks (though I run at 960 core already without any MOSFET sinks). The TFII card I own kicks ass, but there's a good chance I'll be selling this in favor of the Hawk.
Edited by EfemaN - 4/12/11 at 6:13pm
post #18 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfemaN View Post
The 560 Hawk was just announced; has the TFIII cooler, higher stock clocks, and by the looks of it actually has VRM cooling -> possible higher overclocks (though I run at 960 core already). The TFII card I own kicks ass, but there's a good chance I'll be selling this in favor of the Hawk.

I'd love to wait but I need a card for Portal 2 but more importantly I can't picture the HAWK TF3 being within or even near my budget for a video card which is $250, I was willing to go to $270 for the Palit card, If I was going to get it.
post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
I'd love to wait but I need a card for Portal 2 but more importantly I can't picture the HAWK TF3 being within or even near my budget for a video card which is $250, I was willing to go to $270 for the Palit card, If I was going to get it.
I recommend this power supply over the one earlier in the thread

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-005-_-Product

Corsair is super top notch. I had a Corsair 520w modular PSU die after 3 years and they replaced it with a 650w modular and paid for shipping both ways. Excellent.

EDIT: Also, You will be hitting the 1gb vram mark on stock skyrim if maxxed out. If you want to mod it with high res textures you will be very limited by the 1gb. For example... look at this high res texture mod for oblivion...

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18498

Look at the images in the photos particularly the side by side photos users have posted. Just AMAZING.

My 570 might not be enough to fully mod skyrim, time will tell...

EDIT2: Not saying the 560 is a bad choice at all, its the best nvidia card for the money. I'm sure it will suit you fine, and the upgrade in performance you will get will blow your mind. That said, there are $295 reference GTX 570's with rebates available on newegg.

Also, the gtx 560 HAWK might come in at $250 as well. The 570 Twin Forzr III is up on Newegg for the same price as the Twin Frozr II. You never know.
Edited by RomeSC - 4/12/11 at 6:26pm
Blood Dragon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670K MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G  G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 2133 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 64 QNIX 2710 Evolution II Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming Logitech G502 Proteus Core Cyber Snipa TRACER 
Audio
Logitech G35 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Blood Dragon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670K MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G  G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 2133 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 64 QNIX 2710 Evolution II Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming Logitech G502 Proteus Core Cyber Snipa TRACER 
Audio
Logitech G35 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeSC View Post
I recommend this power supply over the one earlier in the thread

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-005-_-Product

Corsair is super top notch. I had a Corsair 520w modular PSU die after 3 years and they replaced it with a 650w modular and paid for shipping both ways. Excellent.

EDIT: Also, You will be hitting the 1gb vram mark on stock skyrim if maxxed out. If you want to mod it with high res textures you will be very limited by the 1gb. For example... look at this high res texture mod for oblivion...

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18498

Look at the images in the photos particularly the side by side photos users have posted. Just AMAZING.

My 570 might not be enough to fully mod skyrim, time will tell...

EDIT2: Not saying the 560 is a bad choice at all, its the best nvidia card for the money. I'm sure it will suit you fine, and the upgrade in performance you will get will blow your mind. That said, there are $295 reference GTX 570's with rebates available on newegg.

Also, the gtx 560 HAWK might come in at $250 as well. The 570 Twin Forzr III is up on Newegg for the same price as the Twin Frozr II. You never know.
I'm not sure about the PSU's, I'll research more in the next few days.

By the time Skyrim comes out I'll only be 1 generation away from the highest cards that will be out then which is fine. But, having the framebuffer bottleneck with faster clocks peeds will be an astronomically bigger bottleneck vs having slower clock speeds with no framebuffer bottleneck. So I just don't know, I'm still leaning towards the MSI TF2 unless something amazing happens soon, So we'll see. I'm not ordering until the last second.
Edited by Ascii Aficionado - 4/12/11 at 7:54pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Final card decision