Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › SSD not configured right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SSD not configured right? - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Pretty much go into bios change it to AHCI mode then format and re install OS.

It makes a massive difference from ide to AHCI so it is worth the time to do a fresh install and format, it dont matter what sata port you have it in, although if it is an old motherboard google is your friend.

example in windows 7 system rating, IDE mode on OCZ vertex 2 60Gb ssd rating: 7.1

With AHCI mode on same ssd 7.7

If windows crappy rating system can notice that much off a difference, so will you.
Edited by xKransky - 4/14/11 at 9:04am
My Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.8ghz Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3 2 x Sapphire HD 6970 CrossfireX 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 TB Total + OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB Pioneer DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" LG LCD 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
My Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.8ghz Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3 2 x Sapphire HD 6970 CrossfireX 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3 TB Total + OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB Pioneer DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" LG LCD 1080p 
PowerCase
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKransky View Post
Pretty much go into bios change it to AHCI mode then format and re install OS.

It makes a massive difference from ide to AHCI so it is worth the time to do a fresh install and format, it dont matter what sata port you have it in, although if it is an old motherboard google is your friend.

example in windows 7 system rating, IDE mode on OCZ vertex 2 60Gb ssd rating: 7.1

With AHCI mode on same ssd 7.7

If windows crappy rating system can notice that much off a difference, so will you.
No need to reinstall OS... Follow my guide in the post before to make the change in your registry and no need to reinstall OS.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuiees View Post
No need to reinstall OS... Follow my guide in the post before to make the change in your registry and no need to reinstall OS.
Also my guide would work just fine as well without needing to edit the registry
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Line View Post
Also my guide would work just fine as well without needing to edit the registry
I some mobos have seperate controllers for different SATA ports not all are conrolled by the onboard intel chip, does this still work even if all your conrollers are set to IDE? Sounds like the port your plugging into was already set to AHCI, just the conroller your SSD was connected to was on IDE.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuiees View Post
I some mobos have seperate controllers for different SATA ports not all are conrolled by the onboard intel chip, does this still work even if all your conrollers are set to IDE? Sounds like the port your plugging into was already set to AHCI, just the conroller your SSD was connected to was on IDE.
Actually, it will because windows has ide drivers installed already just move to a dif controller that has ide enabled and change the other one then let windows install the new driver and then switch back and you're done. however the only time this won't work is if you only have 1 controller on your mainboard
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Line View Post
Actually, it will because windows has ide drivers installed already just move to a dif controller that has ide enabled and change the other one then let windows install the new driver and then switch back and you're done. however the only time this won't work is if you only have 1 controller on your mainboard
Right! Either way, you dont have to reinstall your OS!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Well im stupid, i had AHCI enabled and configured when i initially installed the OS ...sorry guys lol . The only reason i got the HD not detected was becuase i switched sata ports, i switched it back and all is right .
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpirate View Post
Well im stupid, i had AHCI enabled and configured when i initially installed the OS ...sorry guys lol . The only reason i got the HD not detected was becuase i switched sata ports, i switched it back and all is right .
Are you talking about the AHCI splash screen where it says "this is only supports HDD and CD-ROM drives" or something like that?

Once that shows up the list of devices should show beneith it... If that is waht your taking about, it is completely normal and shows that it has detected all the devices.

No worries, just glad it is working correctly.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-P67A-UD7-B3 EVGA GTX470 SLI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
C300 64GB + 150GB Raptor 30" 3007WFP-HC + 20" 2007FP Portait (3760x1600) Realforce 87u 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 LIAN LI MX-518 QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › SSD not configured right?