Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Parts for next WC build, how am I doing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Parts for next WC build, how am I doing?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I finally have enough money to put my sig rig under water. I am tired of this baby hitting 90C under 100% load, it deserves better. And I wanna overclock. So pretty much here is what I have picked out so far:

*** NEW *** Danger Den MPC-CPU - LGA 1156 i3, i5, i7
- Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube


Black Ice Pro III Compact High Performance Radiator - Black
- Fitting Size 1/2" OD



Swiftech MCP655â„¢ Series 12 VDC Water Pumps - Bare


*** NEW *** Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 - POM
- Nozzles No Nozzles



Masterkleer Tubing PVC 19/13mm (1/2"ID) UV-reactive Purple 3,3m (10ft) - "Retail Package"


PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid Cooling Fluid (32 oz.) - UV Pink


3 x *** NEW *** Sunbeam Technology Eta Series MFDB 120mm LED Fan

I know I still need some fittings and nozzles, but I need help on that part. I was thinking some nice compression fittings all around.
Also I would like to upgrade this in the future to add 2 GPU blocks to the loop.

But how is this coming along so far?
Any places where I can make improvements?
Any places where I can get something cheaper and save some money?

Feel free to post, I rep easily
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
Anyone?
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intresting Enough View Post
I finally have enough money to put my sig rig under water. I am tired of this baby hitting 90C under 100% load, it deserves better. And I wanna overclock. So pretty much here is what I have picked out so far:

*** NEW *** Danger Den MPC-CPU - LGA 1156 i3, i5, i7
- Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube


Black Ice Pro III Compact High Performance Radiator - Black
- Fitting Size 1/2" OD



Swiftech MCP655â„¢ Series 12 VDC Water Pumps - Bare


*** NEW *** Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 - POM
- Nozzles No Nozzles



Masterkleer Tubing PVC 19/13mm (1/2"ID) UV-reactive Purple 3,3m (10ft) - "Retail Package"


PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid Cooling Fluid (32 oz.) - UV Pink


3 x *** NEW *** Sunbeam Technology Eta Series MFDB 120mm LED Fan

I know I still need some fittings and nozzles, but I need help on that part. I was thinking some nice compression fittings all around.
Also I would like to upgrade this in the future to add 2 GPU blocks to the loop.

But how is this coming along so far?
Any places where I can make improvements?
Any places where I can get something cheaper and save some money?

Feel free to post, I rep easily
going very nice,dont cheap in any input,
in future when u pick waterblock for your gpu,I suggest u to get the water block from ek-waterblock (acetel+nickel water block)
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
Cyrus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 MSI HD6950 TF III PE 2GB unlocked @ HD6970 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 @ 1800MHz ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 HP dvd1260 Zalman CNPS 9900 NT Windows7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster P2250 21.5" 1920x1080 Logitech G105 Corsair gs600 80+ Bronze Corsair Carbide 400R 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Spectre Starcraft II  Razer Goliathus Dragon AgeII Edition (speed) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 12
Kick the coolant just go distilled and pt nuke or kill coil your blocks and tubing they will thank you later when you are not scrubbing off the dye and de gunking your blocks.

Fans are ok if you want led. You might want to look at higher cfm and rpm fans for the black ice rads they are much better at the 2000+ range where the rasa rads are better at the 1000-1800 rpm level.

EK blocks are great for gpus.
Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI Radeon HD 5970 6 GB Corsair Dominator Tri-Channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32 GB OCZ SSD, 2x 150 GB WD Velociraptor 10000 rpm Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 2x Acer AL1622W Cyborg Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
850 W Corsair Modular Cool Master HAF 932 Logitec MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI Radeon HD 5970 6 GB Corsair Dominator Tri-Channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32 GB OCZ SSD, 2x 150 GB WD Velociraptor 10000 rpm Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 2x Acer AL1622W Cyborg Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
850 W Corsair Modular Cool Master HAF 932 Logitec MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksniper View Post
Kick the coolant just go distilled and pt nuke or kill coil your blocks and tubing they will thank you later when you are not scrubbing off the dye and de gunking your blocks.

Fans are ok if you want led. You might want to look at higher cfm and rpm fans for the black ice rads they are much better at the 2000+ range where the rasa rads are better at the 1000-1800 rpm level.

EK blocks are great for gpus.
Thanks, +rep.
Distilled will work just as well as coolant? And is it possible to have UV coolant w/o dye?

Those fans had the highest CFM i saw for the price, near 83 cfm which I thought was pretty decent. What fans would you recommend?

And know anything about fittings?
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 12
For fittings since I see your going with a budged watercooling build go for barbs with clamps, and the size should be 1/4" to 1/2" and clamps this would be fine just make sure to get the large size.
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 12
Dude that rad you have selected is pretty terrible performance wise. If you NEED a thin rad go with a swiftech 360 or 480. If you don't get a XSPC 360 or 480 that is much thicker and will perform much better.

What are you doing for fittings? Barbs or compression fittings?

Also ditch the coolant and go with distilled water and PT nuke or a silver coil.

The fans you ordered aren't particularly good for the price. If you want blue LED fans with that 1200rpm speed go for slow Yate Loons (SL models). Get 6 if you can fit push/pull inside your case.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 Asus Rampage III Extreme GTX480 SLI GSkill Pi DDR3-1600 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell u2711 Das keyboard silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX-1000 Case Labs TH10 Logitech G9x Steelseries HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 Asus Rampage III Extreme GTX480 SLI GSkill Pi DDR3-1600 6GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell u2711 Das keyboard silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX-1000 Case Labs TH10 Logitech G9x Steelseries HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianReaper7 View Post
Dude that rad you have selected is pretty terrible performance wise. If you NEED a thin rad go with a swiftech 360 or 480. If you don't get a XSPC 360 or 480 that is much thicker and will perform much better.

What are you doing for fittings? Barbs or compression fittings?

Also ditch the coolant and go with distilled water and PT nuke or a silver coil.

The fans you ordered aren't particularly good for the price. If you want blue LED fans with that 1200rpm speed go for slow Yate Loons (SL models). Get 6 if you can fit push/pull inside your case.
Thanks for the heads up on the Rad +rep.
I like the look of compression fittings, i dont mind dropping a bit extra cash on that.
I wasnt exactly looking at the rpm just the CFM, but I get your point. Ill try and find some 2000+ rpm fans.
I was going to stick it behind the front panel of my antec 1200 and use the front fans as a pull and attach rad fans for a push.

again thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubble
For fittings since I see your going with a budged watercooling build go for barbs with clamps, and the size should be 1/4" to 1/2" and clamps this would be fine just make sure to get the large size.
I don't mind spending a little more on compression, they look really nice. Should I still go 1/4" to 1/2" for compression?
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intresting Enough View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the Rad +rep.
I like the look of compression fittings, i dont mind dropping a bit extra cash on that.
I wasnt exactly looking at the rpm just the CFM, but I get your point. Ill try and find some 2000+ rpm fans.
I was going to stick it behind the front panel of my antec 1200 and use the front fans as a pull and attach rad fans for a push.

again thanks.



I don't mind spending a little more on compression, they look really nice. Should I still go 1/4" to 1/2" for compression?
For compression you should go for 3/4" OD and 1/2" ID. Compression has to be exact for your tubing. Something like this should do.
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gold Digger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 SC (950/1900/2100) Corsair Dominator 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 1TB F3 + Intel X25-M G2 80 GB Windows 7 64-Bit 27" Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 Das Model S Professional 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X-750 HAF 932 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubble View Post
For compression you should go for 3/4" OD and 1/2" ID. Compression has to be exact for your tubing. Something like this should do.
Found these on newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835708106
How many would I need? And +rep
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Supra
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.0GHz @ 1.160V MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked @ 950/1450 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Nova SSD 32GB 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 1TB Seagate 6.0GB/s SATA 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On DVD Burner Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer S231HL LED Monitor 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer S231HL LED Monitor Acer A23IH LCD Monitor eMachines Generic Antec 750W Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 Gigabyte Ghost 6000 dpi Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Parts for next WC build, how am I doing?