Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Need Recommendation IPS 23"-27" Gaming $350
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Recommendation IPS 23"-27" Gaming $350 - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12345 View Post
Yes, that is a good advice.

...or wait, save some money and buy the 27 inch IPS LG E2770V for $400!
The only issue I have with the LG is that anything 24"+ I would start looking for a 1920x1200 monitor and the LG only provides 1920x1080. If he wanted to spend $400, then looking for a refurbished/used Dell U2410 with 1920x1200 would be better in my opinion than a larger 27" monitor with less resolution.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogiehouser View Post
The only issue I have with the LG is that anything 24"+ I would start looking for a 1920x1200 monitor and the LG only provides 1920x1080. If he wanted to spend $400, then looking for a refurbished/used Dell U2410 with 1920x1200 would be better in my opinion than a larger 27" monitor with less resolution.
Totally disagree. The bigger screen the more need for widescreen. I can understand if people want 4:3 or 16:10 for small lap tops but for bigger screens 16:9 is definitely the way to go.

And 16:9 give you bigger Field of Vision in games / no black bars so for gaming a 16:10 screen shouldnt even be considered.

For most people 1920*1080 is more than enough for 27 inch. Especially while gaming. Higher res kills your GFX-card.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12345 View Post
Dell U2311H

only screen that can match up with it is LG E2370V but less good stand with the LG.
Thanks for the info on the stand, as i forgot to mention that a good stand is important in my decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogiehouser View Post
Another vote for the U2311H. Amazing IPS monitor for the price. Money that you will save in buying the 2311 put it towards a good SSD for your system(If you want to spend the full $350). That's my advice.
I will likely buy a SSD later this year, so that's a good reason to get the Dell. I would like to hear from more people on how it performs while gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12345 View Post
Yes, that is a good advice.

...or wait, save some money and buy the 27 inch IPS LG E2770V for $400!
$350 is my absolute limit, and $300 is what i would like to spend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB12345 View Post
Totally disagree. The bigger screen the more need for widescreen. I can understand if people want 4:3 or 16:10 for small lap tops but for bigger screens 16:9 is definitely the way to go.

And 16:9 give you bigger Field of Vision in games / no black bars so for gaming a 16:10 screen shouldnt even be considered.

For most people 1920*1080 is more than enough for 27 inch. Especially while gaming. Higher res kills your GFX-card.
As of right now, i would have to agree with what you said.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Can i get some more suggestions?
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawon72 View Post
From past experience, i hate glossy screens. Especially when I'm watching a video or playing a game and i see my reflection. And how could there be excessive anti-glare?

Any other IPS monitor recommendations, as well as any links to were i can get them cheap would be appreciated.
What I mean, is they stick so much of the stuff on that its absorbs more light than it needs to in order to provide AG. Look at the 2310 and a Non AG Monitor Side by side and you will see what I mean. Look on Logic Buy or somewhere, there is almost always a 25% coupon for dell IPS panels floating around. I got mine for 260 after Taxes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Need Recommendation IPS 23"-27" Gaming $350