Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club - Page 170

Poll Results: Which Antec cooler do you own?

 
  • 53% (152)
    Antec Kühler H2O 620
  • 46% (130)
    Antec Kühler H2O 920
282 Total Votes  
post #1691 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecopot View Post

Have you tried the rad on the back exhaust port as intake? Or move it somewhere else it can pull fresh air from the outside, instead of hot air from inside the case. 

if you checked my case (Raven RV03), i cannot mount it on the back - definitely not as intakes - because it would heat up the VGA cards. biggrin.gif

i can put it in the front drive bays as i don't use them (this is how you can get cool air in with this case) but isn't one advantage of having such a cooler (compared to an air cooler) is that you can put the hot air out of the case?

anyways, since mounting the rad in the front bays is pretty time consuming, i would just move the rad outside the case and see how it works. i hope the tubes are long enough. (should try to cover the side panel - of course cannot screw it up - just to make sure everything else is kept constant.

btw, does the block get pretty warm when working at full speed? not hot, but warm enough to have an effect on CPU temps?
Edited by Anusha - 4/27/12 at 12:33am
post #1692 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergolfer View Post

YESSSSSS Rdany I was just wondering about modding the 620 (920 actually but same thing) what is the exact tubing sized you used? and besides the tubing what else did you have to get?

Hi I used 8mm ID and 10mm OD tubing but could be a little smaller maybe a mm or two on the ID.
I made a reservoir out of a snack container (1,99 for set of 3) with 2 compression fittings and used Zip ties to secure the fittings to the pump/block and radiator.
Cut the fan grill and a bit extra from the case to be able to fit the radiator .
The fan is inside the case pulling air from outside through radiator inside the case.
post #1693 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post

i wonder if my judgment can be wrong as the little blue mounting clips got cracked the first time i mounted the block. >_<<br /> what do you guys think i should do to improve the temps?

It doesnt matter that the mounting clips are cracked. You get the needed pressure before they start to slipp to eatch side if you understand what I mean. Early in the morning so my english thinking isn't that good,heehe

I mailed them about it, I was hoping to improve performance even more. I am very happy whit my 620, get better temps than the test I have seen done on simular cpu that mine,though at higher clock speed. Whit the 620, the temp on the air flowing through the radiator need to be quite cool to get great temps. The small radiator also heats up quite faster than the 920, but should have almost the same highest temps as the 920 whit the 620, potentionaly
Edited by ruarcs30 - 4/27/12 at 1:19am
post #1694 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecopot View Post

What does having a reservoir do? Does it help with cooling since you can hold more water?

No, it's mostly for aesthetic appeal. It also makes it so air bubbles don't get caught in the radiator/pump which may improve cooling performance a bit.
Captivity
(33 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6900K Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 R9 Fury X Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Mushkin Reactor Mushkin Reactor 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Primochill PrimoFlex 7/16x5/8 EK Compression Fittings XSPC EX420 Koolance CPU-380I Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 VPP655 Corsair Air Series SP140 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
PMP-450S Windows 10 Monoprice 4k Ducky DK9008G2 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair AX1200i CaseLabs Merlin ST10 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal 
OtherOtherOtherOther
120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 
Other
HDD Cage Assy - Flex-Bay  
  hide details  
Reply
Captivity
(33 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6900K Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 R9 Fury X Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Mushkin Reactor Mushkin Reactor 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Primochill PrimoFlex 7/16x5/8 EK Compression Fittings XSPC EX420 Koolance CPU-380I Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 VPP655 Corsair Air Series SP140 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
PMP-450S Windows 10 Monoprice 4k Ducky DK9008G2 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair AX1200i CaseLabs Merlin ST10 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal 
OtherOtherOtherOther
120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 
Other
HDD Cage Assy - Flex-Bay  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1695 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruarcs30 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post

i wonder if my judgment can be wrong as the little blue mounting clips got cracked the first time i mounted the block. >_<<br /> what do you guys think i should do to improve the temps?

It doesnt matter that the mounting clips are cracked. You get the needed pressure before they start to slipp to eatch side if you understand what I mean. Early in the morning so my english thinking isn't that good,heehe
I understood you alright.

I wonder if I should clean the rad. Seems like its got some dust.
post #1696 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post


if you checked my case (Raven RV03), i cannot mount it on the back - definitely not as intakes - because it would heat up the VGA cards. biggrin.gif

i can put it in the front drive bays as i don't use them (this is how you can get cool air in with this case) but isn't one advantage of having such a cooler (compared to an air cooler) is that you can put the hot air out of the case?

anyways, since mounting the rad in the front bays is pretty time consuming, i would just move the rad outside the case and see how it works. i hope the tubes are long enough. (should try to cover the side panel - of course cannot screw it up - just to make sure everything else is kept constant.

btw, does the block get pretty warm when working at full speed? not hot, but warm enough to have an effect on CPU temps?

Not too sure about the block temp, don't think it would make much of a difference though. For me changing the rad around made a 3-4c difference. Also a good fan helps too.
Tekitou
(14 items)
 
Leftovers
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 M5A97 PRO Radeon HD 6870 Nanya Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Nanya Technology  OCZ Agility 3 Hitatchi Deskstar Antec H2O 620 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 + 8 Consumer Preview Sony Play Station 3D Maxell Clavier Luminex Kuroutoshiko 600w 
CaseMouse
Zalman Z9 Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5500  H-I41-uATX  Kuroutoshiko AMD Radeon HD5450 Samsung 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Hitachi Deskstar Windows 7 Sony  Custom 
Mouse
Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Tekitou
(14 items)
 
Leftovers
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 M5A97 PRO Radeon HD 6870 Nanya Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Nanya Technology  OCZ Agility 3 Hitatchi Deskstar Antec H2O 620 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 + 8 Consumer Preview Sony Play Station 3D Maxell Clavier Luminex Kuroutoshiko 600w 
CaseMouse
Zalman Z9 Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5500  H-I41-uATX  Kuroutoshiko AMD Radeon HD5450 Samsung 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Hitachi Deskstar Windows 7 Sony  Custom 
Mouse
Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1697 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecopot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post


if you checked my case (Raven RV03), i cannot mount it on the back - definitely not as intakes - because it would heat up the VGA cards. biggrin.gif

i can put it in the front drive bays as i don't use them (this is how you can get cool air in with this case) but isn't one advantage of having such a cooler (compared to an air cooler) is that you can put the hot air out of the case?

anyways, since mounting the rad in the front bays is pretty time consuming, i would just move the rad outside the case and see how it works. i hope the tubes are long enough. (should try to cover the side panel - of course cannot screw it up - just to make sure everything else is kept constant.

btw, does the block get pretty warm when working at full speed? not hot, but warm enough to have an effect on CPU temps?

Not too sure about the block temp, don't think it would make much of a difference though. For me changing the rad around made a 3-4c difference. Also a good fan helps too.
By good fan you mean AP15 right? They are so hard to find even though you would assume Japan should have them everywhere. And the ones available are pretty expensive as well.

I would not mind mounting the rad in the drive bay, but I don't wanna push hot air into the case.
post #1698 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post

By good fan you mean AP15 right? They are so hard to find even though you would assume Japan should have them everywhere. And the ones available are pretty expensive as well.
I would not mind mounting the rad in the drive bay, but I don't wanna push hot air into the case.

I'm in Japan too. I like the PC shops here a lot better then the ones that I've been to in the US, found some really great deals even with the Yen being so expensive. But, the AP15 fans is one thing that I haven't been able to find yet either. For now I'm using the stock fan and a Scythe Kaze Jyuni hooked up to a fan controler.

Here my fan layout

LL
I have my rad fans pushing out, but since its on the bottom HDD bays its getting fresh air form the bottom fan. I originally had them as intake, but then it would heat up my GPU too much, if your drive bays are above the GPU you may not have that problem running it as in take.
Edited by Ecopot - 4/27/12 at 8:15am
Tekitou
(14 items)
 
Leftovers
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 M5A97 PRO Radeon HD 6870 Nanya Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Nanya Technology  OCZ Agility 3 Hitatchi Deskstar Antec H2O 620 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 + 8 Consumer Preview Sony Play Station 3D Maxell Clavier Luminex Kuroutoshiko 600w 
CaseMouse
Zalman Z9 Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5500  H-I41-uATX  Kuroutoshiko AMD Radeon HD5450 Samsung 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Hitachi Deskstar Windows 7 Sony  Custom 
Mouse
Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Tekitou
(14 items)
 
Leftovers
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 M5A97 PRO Radeon HD 6870 Nanya Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Nanya Technology  OCZ Agility 3 Hitatchi Deskstar Antec H2O 620 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 + 8 Consumer Preview Sony Play Station 3D Maxell Clavier Luminex Kuroutoshiko 600w 
CaseMouse
Zalman Z9 Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5500  H-I41-uATX  Kuroutoshiko AMD Radeon HD5450 Samsung 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Hitachi Deskstar Windows 7 Sony  Custom 
Mouse
Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1699 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecopot View Post

I'm in Japan too. I like the PC shops here a lot better then the ones that I've been to in the US, found some really great deals even with the Yen being so expensive. But, the AP15 fans is one thing that I haven't been able to find yet either. For now I'm using the stock fan and a Scythe Kaze Jyuni hooked up to a fan controler.
Here my fan layout
LL
I have my rad fans pushing out, but since its on the bottom HDD bays its getting fresh air form the bottom fan. I originally had them as intake, but then it would heat up my GPU too much, if your drive bays are above the GPU you may not have that problem running it as in take.
well you can buy them from here it seems.
http://www.clevery.co.jp/eshop/g/g4571225042459/
but the price is kinda high. but seems like $25 is the usual price for these. i wish they had free shipping though.

i am tweaking my overclock right now (new uefi version and more information about voltages). so far managed to drop the Vcore by 0.03V at the same 4.4GHz clock (max load 1.280V) which made Prime95 blend test temps to drop to around 65C avg. i am not sure if it is stable still. didn't get a chance to stress test long enough. maybe it is reasonable. wish i could do 4.5GHz though. seems like that's where most people are stopping at. maybe i can but will have to raise the Vcore thus temps.

the other plan is to move the front 2 intakes towards the front face of the case, mount the rad with just the Kama Flow 2 1900RPM as pull (since i am getting cool air from front - no need of a push fan I guess), exhaust the hot air from top. but this method will make the VRMs hotter which might give worse overclock. probably it is better the way it is.

note: i cannot even remember why i bought the Kama Flow 2 fans. i bought the 1400RPM ones first, to run as push pull, but they gave a weird vibration when are mounted close to each other. so i bought the 1900RPM model and guess what? it performed better than both fans in push pull. Is slipstream (Scythe Kaze Jyuni) better? i don't think there would be a big difference though, since this is a thin rad.

not entirely happy with the idle temp variation. but at full the variation is less which means there isn't a seating problem. (also a lot of people seem to be getting this variation at idle)
449
post #1700 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post

well you can buy them from here it seems.
http://www.clevery.co.jp/eshop/g/g4571225042459/
but the price is kinda high. but seems like $25 is the usual price for these. i wish they had free shipping though.
i am tweaking my overclock right now (new uefi version and more information about voltages). so far managed to drop the Vcore by 0.03V at the same 4.4GHz clock (max load 1.280V) which made Prime95 blend test temps to drop to around 65C avg. i am not sure if it is stable still. didn't get a chance to stress test long enough. maybe it is reasonable. wish i could do 4.5GHz though. seems like that's where most people are stopping at. maybe i can but will have to raise the Vcore thus temps.
the other plan is to move the front 2 intakes towards the front face of the case, mount the rad with just the Kama Flow 2 1900RPM as pull (since i am getting cool air from front - no need of a push fan I guess), exhaust the hot air from top. but this method will make the VRMs hotter which might give worse overclock. probably it is better the way it is.
note: i cannot even remember why i bought the Kama Flow 2 fans. i bought the 1400RPM ones first, to run as push pull, but they gave a weird vibration when are mounted close to each other. so i bought the 1900RPM model and guess what? it performed better than both fans in push pull. Is slipstream (Scythe Kaze Jyuni) better? i don't think there would be a big difference though, since this is a thin rad.
not entirely happy with the idle temp variation. but at full the variation is less which means there isn't a seating problem. (also a lot of people seem to be getting this variation at idle)
449

ahh you are running a i7 2600K, don't have any experiece with that cpu, but I from what I read I thought that those run kinda hot. Might have to ask around in the intel forum to see what can be done.

I have the 1200rpm Kaze Jyuni and its suppose to push like 68cfm..to push that much cfm most other fans would have to spin at about 1600rpms..not sure if thats all correct though they don't feel that strong to me. Anyways for me the stock fan works that best so far, just don't like loud it is.
Tekitou
(14 items)
 
Leftovers
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 M5A97 PRO Radeon HD 6870 Nanya Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Nanya Technology  OCZ Agility 3 Hitatchi Deskstar Antec H2O 620 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 + 8 Consumer Preview Sony Play Station 3D Maxell Clavier Luminex Kuroutoshiko 600w 
CaseMouse
Zalman Z9 Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5500  H-I41-uATX  Kuroutoshiko AMD Radeon HD5450 Samsung 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Hitachi Deskstar Windows 7 Sony  Custom 
Mouse
Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Tekitou
(14 items)
 
Leftovers
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 M5A97 PRO Radeon HD 6870 Nanya Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Nanya Technology  OCZ Agility 3 Hitatchi Deskstar Antec H2O 620 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 + 8 Consumer Preview Sony Play Station 3D Maxell Clavier Luminex Kuroutoshiko 600w 
CaseMouse
Zalman Z9 Microsoft Sidewinder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E5500  H-I41-uATX  Kuroutoshiko AMD Radeon HD5450 Samsung 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
Hitachi Deskstar Windows 7 Sony  Custom 
Mouse
Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club