Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club - Page 200

Poll Results: Which Antec cooler do you own?

 
  • 53% (152)
    Antec Kühler H2O 620
  • 46% (130)
    Antec Kühler H2O 920
282 Total Votes  
post #1991 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by She loved E View Post

got mine hooked up and have minor gurgling/clicking (louder than the fans but not by much). seems like a lottery so i'm going to keep it to avoid teardown & rma hassle. ah well whaddaya expect for $30.

I expect QUALITY Clouseau! I Expect QUALITY!!!

biggrin.gif no I think you got lucky, its okay if it gurgles the first few mins / hrs, just shake the radiator and it goes away. they used to make these very well, my friend has one(bought last year) very quite, no pump or fan noise, does the job and works great. I bought one and had to RMA it 4 times, link in my signature explains it all.
post #1992 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

I expect QUALITY Clouseau! I Expect QUALITY!!!
biggrin.gif no I think you got lucky, its okay if it gurgles the first few mins / hrs, just shake the radiator and it goes away. they used to make these very well, my friend has one(bought last year) very quite, no pump or fan noise, does the job and works great. I bought one and had to RMA it 4 times, link in my signature explains it all.

So you got an obviously awful retailer whose employees probably drop-kicked your packages, or an awful mail courier who did the same, or the worst luck in the history of closed water loops because I know Antec QC isn't THAT bad based on the small number of issues with these pumps - I can find just as many issues with any other brand of closed water loop which actually moves off of shelves (Corsair units, for example)

I do think you're completely entitled to your opinions about Antec at this point, especially after all of your troubles - I just also think it seems like you've been on a bit of a crusade to rid the world of Antec water loops just because you managed to have an awful experience which I doubt was the fault of Antec seeing as though not one unit you received where you able to get functioning correctly. I honestly do not believe that you where doing everything right as far as hooking the unit up and supplying the proper voltage to the pump if FOUR different units where bad. Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I think it's petty to have a link in your sig denouncing an impressive product when you're about the only one to ever receive a bad pump, and then get three more bad ones in succession following that. Any decent retailer SHOULD have at lease offered to test the third unit after the second RMA, IMO.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, to post whatever you want on here, and to put links to your threads in your sig, I understand that - and keep doing it if it makes you happy. I just think it's a bit petty and misleading as these aren't bad units and problems with faulty pumps on this thread have USUALLY been the fault of the user and where easily fixed with some quick troubleshooting - which I know you tried but I'm still really not convinced especially since both of my Antec units which where purchased almost one year apart are both operating exceptionally well with almost 24/7 run time. The only noise I've ever heard was for MAYBE ten seconds after installing a fresh new Kuhler while it worked the air bubbles out of the pump.
post #1993 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromUndaChz View Post

So you got an obviously awful retailer whose employees probably drop-kicked your packages, or an awful mail courier who did the same, or the worst luck in the history of closed water loops because I know Antec QC isn't THAT bad based on the small number of issues with these pumps - I can find just as many issues with any other brand of closed water loop which actually moves off of shelves (Corsair units, for example)
I do think you're completely entitled to your opinions about Antec at this point, especially after all of your troubles - I just also think it seems like you've been on a bit of a crusade to rid the world of Antec water loops just because you managed to have an awful experience which I doubt was the fault of Antec seeing as though not one unit you received where you able to get functioning correctly. I honestly do not believe that you where doing everything right as far as hooking the unit up and supplying the proper voltage to the pump if FOUR different units where bad. Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I think it's petty to have a link in your sig denouncing an impressive product when you're about the only one to ever receive a bad pump, and then get three more bad ones in succession following that. Any decent retailer SHOULD have at lease offered to test the third unit after the second RMA, IMO.
Again, you're entitled to your opinion, to post whatever you want on here, and to put links to your threads in your sig, I understand that - and keep doing it if it makes you happy. I just think it's a bit petty and misleading as these aren't bad units and problems with faulty pumps on this thread have USUALLY been the fault of the user and where easily fixed with some quick troubleshooting - which I know you tried but I'm still really not convinced especially since both of my Antec units which where purchased almost one year apart are both operating exceptionally well with almost 24/7 run time. The only noise I've ever heard was for MAYBE ten seconds after installing a fresh new Kuhler while it worked the air bubbles out of the pump.

Its not the retailer, its Antec.
Its not just me bud, check this thread, my posts and the links I provided, then check this entire WC forum, a lot of people are having the exact same issue. Whatever it is multiple people with the same problem = not a retailer issue but a quality control issue on Antec/Asetek's part, and dont forget, Antec sells these pumps while Asetek makes them. I have tried everything, its not air bubbles, its an unbalanced shaft making the grind.

There is a BAD BATCH circling around. or all mail couriers around the world has taken a hate towards the Kuhler and targeting and kicking Kuhler Boxes.tongue.gif
Edited by TheBirdman74 - 6/16/12 at 10:58am
post #1994 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhasa View Post

Anyone with a HAF X + 920 or 930 or 950 @ 1.3vcore?? I wanna know the temps with this sort of setup! Thanks

I have a HAF 932. I replaced the 140mm fan for back exhaust as 2 120mm push/pull setup cougar fans with the radiator sandwiched. The only other fan I replaced was the top 230mm, with 2 X 120mm cougar fans also.

Currently i'm looking at a remote desktop view so I've no clue what the ambient temperature is, but my idle is around 30-33c and full load is at 80c tops. The top load average is actually closer to 77c. And I should mention that i've overclocked my 3770k to 4.6GHz at 1.28vcore. I'm pretty impressed honestly. The case has some good airflow, and the kuhler 620 is awesome at cooling it down. I've yet to try to play with some voltages to lower temps but i'll never hit 80 or even 77c with the stuff i'll be doing so i'm not worried about it.
Charizard
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k P8Z77-V AMD Radeon HD7700 Series Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB Corsair 60GB Asus kuhler 620 
OSMonitorCaseOther
windows 7 ViewSonic coolermaster 920 Cougar Fans 800-1500 RPM X4 (2 orange, 2 black) 
  hide details  
Reply
Charizard
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k P8Z77-V AMD Radeon HD7700 Series Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB Corsair 60GB Asus kuhler 620 
OSMonitorCaseOther
windows 7 ViewSonic coolermaster 920 Cougar Fans 800-1500 RPM X4 (2 orange, 2 black) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1995 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

Its not the retailer, its Antec.
Its not just me bud, check this thread, my posts and the links I provided, then check this entire WC forum, a lot of people are having the exact same issue. Whatever it is multiple people with the same problem = not a retailer issue but a quality control issue on Antec/Asetek's part, and dont forget, Antec sells these pumps while Asetek makes them. I have tried everything, its not air bubbles, its an unbalanced shaft making the grind.
There is a BAD BATCH circling around. or all mail couriers around the world has taken a hate towards the Kuhler and targeting and kicking Kuhler Boxes.tongue.gif

I have to say i'm against the grind then, i bought mine about 2-3 weeks ago and mines been working beautifully. My temps are in pretty good control, and it does the job. I like this cooler and i'm keeping it until I do my DIY watercooling setup. I've had no issues thus far but will report if anything comes up. Will reiterate what others complained about which is instructions, they still suck. And in the process of trying to install the backplate, it was awkward positioning and EXTREMELY tight. Half the time I felt like I was going to snap my mobo... After that minor frustration I had thermal paste all over the cpu which I had to clean cause it wouldn't want to stay on top of the cpu when installing. Not as bad of a frustration as a lot others though.
Charizard
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k P8Z77-V AMD Radeon HD7700 Series Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB Corsair 60GB Asus kuhler 620 
OSMonitorCaseOther
windows 7 ViewSonic coolermaster 920 Cougar Fans 800-1500 RPM X4 (2 orange, 2 black) 
  hide details  
Reply
Charizard
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k P8Z77-V AMD Radeon HD7700 Series Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB Corsair 60GB Asus kuhler 620 
OSMonitorCaseOther
windows 7 ViewSonic coolermaster 920 Cougar Fans 800-1500 RPM X4 (2 orange, 2 black) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1996 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

Its not the retailer, its Antec.
Its not just me bud, check this thread, my posts and the links I provided, then check this entire WC forum, a lot of people are having the exact same issue. Whatever it is multiple people with the same problem = not a retailer issue but a quality control issue on Antec/Asetek's part, and dont forget, Antec sells these pumps while Asetek makes them. I have tried everything, its not air bubbles, its an unbalanced shaft making the grind.
There is a BAD BATCH circling around. or all mail couriers around the world has taken a hate towards the Kuhler and targeting and kicking Kuhler Boxes.tongue.gif

You are right, it's the shaft and not air bubbles. It is logical since putting a magnet on it will make the sound go away or became less noisy. A magnet does not make air bubbles go away tongue.gif
I have been reading about people with Corsair coolers that got 2--3 faulty coolers in row. Could be a bad batch.

I wanted to take my whole PC to the store and let them mount a new cooler but i would have to pay a lot so i just sent the cooler to them. It's better if they can mount it on the PC and see if the new cooler is faulty and then replace until they find one that is ok. Now i got another noisy cooler and i don't gonna do RMA again. Maybe i would get another noisy cooler and i would feel ashamed to call the store for the 3rd time to ask for replacement. Atleast i don't hear the noise when my TV is on and when i play games / listen to music with headphones. I will go with AIR cooler next time.
Edited by dislikeyou - 6/16/12 at 1:32pm
post #1997 of 6068

I did notice a rather small clicking noise in mine the other day, but the performace of it has not been effected, and once the fans kicked in when I logged into windows I couldn't hear it anymore. I don't intend on using the pump too much longer anyways. Once I get a job I'll be installing a loop.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090 Thuban Gigabyte GA970A-D3 Gigabyte GTX460 SE ADATA Gaming Series DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB SATA 6GBPS Evercool Aluminum 120MM Blue LED case fan 3x NZXT 120MM Blue LED case fan AMD FX Liquid Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional HP 19" 16X10 w1907 Rebranded HP Bluebird PS/2 Multimedia Slim keyboard  Apevia 750w 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom White Gigabyte GM-M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090 Thuban Gigabyte GA970A-D3 Gigabyte GTX460 SE ADATA Gaming Series DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB SATA 6GBPS Evercool Aluminum 120MM Blue LED case fan 3x NZXT 120MM Blue LED case fan AMD FX Liquid Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional HP 19" 16X10 w1907 Rebranded HP Bluebird PS/2 Multimedia Slim keyboard  Apevia 750w 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom White Gigabyte GM-M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1998 of 6068
I was really looking forward to trying a water cooler, I was originally going to get the Corsair H60 but then I saw all the 'rattle noise' problems.

So I figured I'd go with Antec, but the same problem here also... How depressing. I could not bear to have a annoying problem like the 'rattle'. And I'm nowhere near hardcore enough to go 'custom H20'.

Guess I have to go with a GARGANTUAN Hellraiser type of thing squatting on my mobo like a angry god.frown.gif
D.A.W. / Game Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-6700k (stock) MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme 11GB (stock) 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 1TB Blue M.2 SSD Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB LaCie Porsche Design 8TB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 35266 NexXxoS ST30 Radiator 360 3 x Be quiet! Silent Wings 3  XSPC Copper RayStorm Pro CPU WaterBlock EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2x140mm front intake, 1x140mm rear exhaust Win 10 D.A.W. / Win 10 Game 40", 4K, iiyama - ProLite X4071UHSU-B1 24" BenQ 1920 x 1080 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Corsair HX750i 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Gunmetal ROCCAT Tyon Roland A-88 & Novation Impulse 61 
  hide details  
Reply
D.A.W. / Game Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-6700k (stock) MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme 11GB (stock) 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 1TB Blue M.2 SSD Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB LaCie Porsche Design 8TB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool 35266 NexXxoS ST30 Radiator 360 3 x Be quiet! Silent Wings 3  XSPC Copper RayStorm Pro CPU WaterBlock EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2x140mm front intake, 1x140mm rear exhaust Win 10 D.A.W. / Win 10 Game 40", 4K, iiyama - ProLite X4071UHSU-B1 24" BenQ 1920 x 1080 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Corsair HX750i 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Gunmetal ROCCAT Tyon Roland A-88 & Novation Impulse 61 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1999 of 6068
It has been determined the Rattle problem with theirs is from too much voltage on some power supplies. In fact I think a rep is aware of it here on OCN and has said they're looking into it. For now, just put it on a fan controller to make sure it's getting the right amount.
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2000 of 6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

It has been determined the Rattle problem with theirs is from too much voltage on some power supplies. In fact I think a rep is aware of it here on OCN and has said they're looking into it. For now, just put it on a fan controller to make sure it's getting the right amount.

I try to tell people this, but they don't listen or just don't know how to use a multimeter I guess redface.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club