Originally Posted by WarDad
Dat, check out "THE MOD" thread on this site: official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod
I kept the base plate on my card, as its heat sink benefits many devices. A side panel fan is enough to keep it cool.
I used the tie wrap method, but not as shown. My method is easier.
1. remove the heatsink from the plate.
2. thread the tie wraps up from the bottom of the plate thru the four screw wells..
3. its obvious now... the tie wraps head need to be cut a liitle to make it flush.
4. now thread them thru the 620 mount, with the 620 attached.
5. they can be secured with the heads of 4 more tie wraps.
6. the plate can be screwed to the card.
7. when secured the 620 will rise every so slighly off the plate. the tension holds it firmly on the chip.
NOTE: use only military grade 18LB nylon tie wraps.
These instructions worked for a GTX560ti reference card.
It won't work if the GPU is recessed below the plate.
BTW: I added stick on heat sinks (enzotech) to the plate for 5c reduction. It's not needed, but good air flow is needed.