Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club - Page 318

Poll Results: Which Antec cooler do you own?

 
  • 54% (152)
    Antec Kühler H2O 620
  • 45% (129)
    Antec Kühler H2O 920
281 Total Votes  
post #3171 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso View Post

Very nice smile.gif maybe you can put some step by step instructions on how to do this ? would be great , but i dont understand something , the pump is a good unit right ? so we keep that , the back plate is a pain in the ass , i am using the 3770k intel , if i ever did do this i would want to change out the back plate also , what would work for the intel as a back plate ?

you changed the Rad and tubing, so you think the tubing is the bottleneck in this unit ? and the Rad, ? i always though the Rad needed to breath , i see you have it place flat on the bottom of the case and one fan on top , i would think its pushing in the Rad to cool it ?

did you delid this chip - or is delid just for the intel models ?

thanks , looks like its a job to do but worth it in the end if you are having issues with the stock antec,

in my case , i wonder if just changing the paste , delid , backplate and leaving everything else alone would be all i may need if i ever decide to do it , i like to know about it and get ready for it but not ready to do it just yet biggrin.gif

To be honest there is no real bottleneck with the 920. It's a great unit in itself. I just wanted to expand it. The pump / block I find to be an amazing value, which is why I kept it in the system.
Chip is not delidded.
Honestly the only real issue I have with these Asetek units is the mounting mechanism. It's a shambles.
For you Expresso, find a decent aftermarket back plate. This will prevent motherboard warping and give you considerably more clamping pressure.
I can't state this enough. You have to actually try it and see the results.
Well, let me back up a bit. I'm not knowledgeable at all on the latest Intel socket, so I don't know if they still ship without a decent backplate or not.
However I do for a fact know that if you don't use a stiff backplate, like Antec... flimsy plastic tripe... You will warp your motherboard. This WILL decrease clamping pressure. Which WILL reduce performance.


The real gem of the 920 is the pump / block unit. With its programmability, and the fact that settings are stored in the pump, no need to keep the Chill Control software running.
It's a gem in the AIC world. Just add onto it and enjoy a nice full blown water cooling setup.

Edit:
I would NOT delid. If you don't mind throwing away a cpu go for it. I did it many times myself back on my 939 platform. But if you want to resell or just for warranty reasons, I would live the IHS intact.
Edited by plywood99 - 1/19/13 at 11:02am
post #3172 of 6063
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plywood99 View Post

Yah the water could use some color. tongue.gif
I recently put Primochill UV Black in but it just looks....meh. thinking.gif
Maybe I should try one of Mayhems products.

The Biostar motherboard in the pictures died and has since been replaced with an Asus Sabertooth 990 r2.

What colors do you think would go well?

with that motherboard, I would think red would be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plywood99 View Post

Honestly the only real issue I have with these Asetek units is the mounting mechanism. It's a shambles.
For you Expresso, find a decent aftermarket back plate. This will prevent motherboard warping and give you considerably more clamping pressure.
I can't state this enough. You have to actually try it and see the results.
Well, let me back up a bit. I'm not knowledgeable at all on the latest Intel socket, so I don't know if they still ship without a decent backplate or not.
However I do for a fact know that if you don't use a stiff backplate, like Antec... flimsy plastic tripe... You will warp your motherboard. This WILL decrease clamping pressure. Which WILL reduce performance.

That was actually my next question - as I saw your post to your system:
What backplate did you use, and where could I find one myself?

I too find the backplate flimsy - the fact that the nuts within the backplate start "rolling" once a certain tightness has been achieved worries me (unless it was done in that way for a certain reason)
Edited by Totally Dubbed - 1/19/13 at 11:05am
post #3173 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

with that motherboard, I would think red would be awesome!
That was actually my next question - as I saw your post to your system:
What backplate did you use, and where could I find one myself?

I too find the backplate flimsy - the fact that the nuts within the backplate start "rolling" once a certain tightness has been achieved worries me (unless it was done in that way for a certain reason)

Like a UV reactive red or more like a blood red color?

When it comes to colors, fashion that kind of stuff I am the ultimate retard, I have no clue. To me functional is king. tongue.gif

So I appreciate your helping me with this.
post #3174 of 6063
Great job cleaning up the OP, Totally Dubbed. A lot more organised than the way I had it. Looks like I chose the right man for the job!
pigrig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k P67A-UD4-B3 6950  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WDC Black 1TB Crucial 128MB Sony Optiarc Windows 7 & Linux Mint 14 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH236H Das Ultimate S Silent Seasonic X-760 HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder Gnarlyfish Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
pigrig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k P67A-UD4-B3 6950  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WDC Black 1TB Crucial 128MB Sony Optiarc Windows 7 & Linux Mint 14 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH236H Das Ultimate S Silent Seasonic X-760 HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder Gnarlyfish Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3175 of 6063
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plywood99 View Post

Like a UV reactive red or more like a blood red color?

When it comes to colors, fashion that kind of stuff I am the ultimate retard, I have no clue. To me functional is king. tongue.gif

So I appreciate your helping me with this.

Well as close as you can get it to that red colour of your motherboard. So more like "blood red" I guess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassh0ppa View Post

Great job cleaning up the OP, Totally Dubbed. A lot more organised than the way I had it. Looks like I chose the right man for the job!

Thanks man! smile.gif
post #3176 of 6063
Just a note, most "UV Red" tubing comes out pinkish or orange-ish. No company has yet to make a true deep red UV
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3177 of 6063
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

Just a note, most "UV Red" tubing comes out pinkish or orange-ish. No company has yet to make a true deep red UV

I did see TastyPC's overview of a UV red - and that was my exact thought -> looked pink
On another note (that lady is HOT!)

Here is the video!

EDIT:
stickg1 - satisfied tongue.gif?
Edited by Totally Dubbed - 1/19/13 at 11:30am
post #3178 of 6063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Well as close as you can get it to that red colour of your motherboard. So more like "blood red" I guess!

Well thats the thing. :/
The ASUS mobo has more of a military greenish tint to it. And I'm like @_@...
No clue what color to go with for the loop.
post #3179 of 6063
Ahh tasty PC <3
That gal is HAWT!!!
post #3180 of 6063
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plywood99 View Post

Well thats the thing. :/
The ASUS mobo has more of a military greenish tint to it. And I'm like @_@...
No clue what color to go with for the loop.

really?
Didn't look like it from the pictures!
Looked like the normal circuit colour (apart from green) - ie this look

If it were me, I would go for red - just because of those red parts on your motherboard:




EDIT:
You COULD even get some red-led fans - or some RGB strips - seeing as you got the windows, unlike my pc, that would be pretty cool too!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 620 & 920 Owners Club