Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Help to stabilize unlock 720 BE core
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help to stabilize unlock 720 BE core - Page 2

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by andretiton View Post
Ok, I understand now. And about games? Do you recomend raise the FSB ou multi for better games performance?
Either will be just fine. They both raise the overall CPU speed.

Just keep in mind that using fsb raises nb, ht, and ram also.

Personally I use multi first then fine tine with fsb
post #12 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertrixter View Post
Either will be just fine. They both raise the overall CPU speed.

Just keep in mind that using fsb raises nb, ht, and ram also.

Personally I use multi first then fine tine with fsb
Thank you mastertrixter I will try your advices and post the results after. One more thing: I see in your signature that you have the same processor that I and a motherboard from the same brand. Could you describe your settings in detail for me to try to stabilize my 4th core like yours?

Greetings!
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by andretiton View Post
Thank you mastertrixter I will try your advices and post the results after. One more thing: I see in your signature that you have the same processor that I and a motherboard from the same brand. Could you describe your settings in detail for me to try to stabilize my 4th core like yours?

Greetings!
If ur 4th core was good u should be able to unlock it on stock settings
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertrixter View Post
If ur 4th core was good u should be able to unlock it on stock settings
UNLOCK I did, I really want is the STABILIZE 4th core.
post #15 of 27
Put your HT frequency back near 2000, and your NB near 2000 so you can overclock it later. No reason having them so low, because they decrease performance ALOT.

Your fourth core is bad, forget about it. If you have to bump 1.5v into it and still crash it's bad. And max voltage is 1.55v so you wouldnt be able to overclock. With a decent OC with 3 cores and a nice NB speed you can easily get close to 4 cores at stock with multi threaded performance. Your single threaded performance will be much faster.
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop View Post
Put your HT frequency back near 2000, and your NB near 2000 so you can overclock it later. No reason having them so low, because they decrease performance ALOT.

Your fourth core is bad, forget about it. If you have to bump 1.5v into it and still crash it's bad. And max voltage is 1.55v so you wouldnt be able to overclock. With a decent OC with 3 cores and a nice NB speed you can easily get close to 4 cores at stock with multi threaded performance. Your single threaded performance will be much faster.
Thank you Devilmaypoop, I will abandon the unlock project

You could walk me the settings needed for me to take the CPU to the maximum extent possible?

Cpuvcore:
CPU-NB VID:
NB VID:
Chipset Voltage:
Vdimm:
HT Clock:
NB Clock:

Greetings!
post #17 of 27
For now, just put everything back to stock. Then start raising your FSB by increments of 5, until you crash Prime95 test, then increase voltage by 0.025v. Max voltage is 1.55v. Try to keep your temperatures under 62c, as that is the max.

As you raise the FSB lower your NB and HT as close as 2000 possible because it raises them too, and lower your RAM frequency to stock or less.

EDIT: I didnt see you have a Black Edition, so you can just raise the multiplier by one or half and run Prime95 to see if it is stable.
Edited by Devilmaypoop - 4/15/11 at 5:55am
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop View Post
For now, just put everything back to stock. Then start raising your FSB by increments of 5, until you crash Prime95 test, then increase voltage by 0.025v. Max voltage is 1.55v. Try to keep your temperatures under 62c, as that is the max.

As you raise the FSB lower your NB and HT as close as 2000 possible because it raises them too, and lower your RAM frequency to stock or less.

EDIT: I didnt see you have a Black Edition, so you can just raise the multiplier by one or half and run Prime95 to see if it is stable.
Yes, I have a Black Edition. Is better I raise the multi or FSB? It is necessary to increase the other voltages than the voltage of the cpu?

Thanks!
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by andretiton View Post
Yes, I have a Black Edition. Is better I raise the multi or FSB? It is necessary to increase the other voltages than the voltage of the cpu?

Thanks!
There is a negligible increase in performance by raising the FSB, but you can barely notice it, so I'd suggest you just raise the multiplier for now.

And no, when overclocking the CPU frequency all you have to do is increase the core voltage. When overclocking NB later you will have to raise CPU-NB voltage.

For now just raise the multiplier by one, and run Prime95 for 10 - 20 minutes with small FFT's test to see if it's semi-stable. If it crashes increase voltage by 0.025v, so it should be around 1.375v. If it passes, do the same again.
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop View Post
There is a negligible increase in performance by raising the FSB, but you can barely notice it, so I'd suggest you just raise the multiplier for now.

And no, when overclocking the CPU frequency all you have to do is increase the core voltage. When overclocking NB later you will have to raise CPU-NB voltage.

For now just raise the multiplier by one, and run Prime95 for 10 - 20 minutes with small FFT's test to see if it's semi-stable. If it crashes increase voltage by 0.025v, so it should be around 1.375v. If it passes, do the same again.
Thanks, I will try these settings and post the results later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop View Post
When overclocking NB later you will have to raise CPU-NB voltage.
When should I overclock the CPU-NB? As it will affect my overclock? What value should I put in voltage and frequency?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Help to stabilize unlock 720 BE core