Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › The [Official] Thermalright Silver Arrow / SB-E Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The [Official] Thermalright Silver Arrow / SB-E Club - Page 129

post #1281 of 3854
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris304 View Post


*Snip*

3dmark 2011 with amd x6 in am3 board with ddr 2 ram. once they start making 900 series mini atx boards. ill upgrade.

*Snip*

joinedthe site just to post the silverarrorw in a mini case. the case is a Lan gear da box. great case, its just the arrow is too big smile.gif so i made some adjustments. hope u all enjoy.

Crazy!

Should be dubbed the Mini Arrow!

P.S. I am looking at picking up the TY-150's and doing something that y'all may appreciate. Stay tuned.
I Wish
(10 items)
 
Air Cooling Solution
THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW DUAL14CM ROUND FAN HEATSINK
Sold my baby
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Soc... MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI... ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edit... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB S... Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme Dual Fan... Windows 7 Logitech 110 
CaseMouse
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition RC-... Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
I Wish
(10 items)
 
Air Cooling Solution
THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW DUAL14CM ROUND FAN HEATSINK
Sold my baby
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Soc... MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI... ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edit... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB S... Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme Dual Fan... Windows 7 Logitech 110 
CaseMouse
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition RC-... Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1282 of 3854
@ blue ( above me) can u run 3dmark 2011 ( default free version) let me know ur score. we have same cpu, and same about of ram, but u got ddr3. we have different gpus, but i want to see the difference of ur board vs mine. as i was looking at some 890 boards last night. ( dammit i need to hold off for the 900 boards )
post #1283 of 3854
LOL, check out the video XD

I am really surprised a remount changed the temps soo much! Maybe the fan orientation did it as well, anyways like my Silver Arrow even more now. biggrin.gif
post #1284 of 3854
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris304 View Post

@ blue ( above me) can u run 3dmark 2011 ( default free version) let me know ur score. we have same cpu, and same about of ram, but u got ddr3. we have different gpus, but i want to see the difference of ur board vs mine. as i was looking at some 890 boards last night. ( dammit i need to hold off for the 900 boards )

I will do that tonigh. I am only at 3.8Ghz as I just can't seem to push past 4.0 and be stable without OS corruption.
I Wish
(10 items)
 
Air Cooling Solution
THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW DUAL14CM ROUND FAN HEATSINK
Sold my baby
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Soc... MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI... ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edit... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB S... Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme Dual Fan... Windows 7 Logitech 110 
CaseMouse
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition RC-... Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
I Wish
(10 items)
 
Air Cooling Solution
THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW DUAL14CM ROUND FAN HEATSINK
Sold my baby
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Soc... MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI... ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edit... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB S... Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme Dual Fan... Windows 7 Logitech 110 
CaseMouse
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition RC-... Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1285 of 3854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

LOL, check out the video XD
I am really surprised a remount changed the temps soo much! Maybe the fan orientation did it as well, anyways like my Silver Arrow even more now. biggrin.gif

Told you that @ sign amount would work smile.gif although you did put a tad too much there.

And one more important thing, if you want a pull/pull fan config with your SA (which you probably do), you should consider installing one fan on EACH tower. In your case, you should transfer the center fan to the tower nearest the RAM slots. This is a more effcient config smile.gif
post #1286 of 3854
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


Told you that @ sign amount would work smile.gif although you did put a tad too much there.

Hehe, yep I put a tad too much, thanks man, I appreciate it. biggrin.gif
Quote:
And one more important thing, if you want a pull/pull fan config with your SA (which you probably do), you should consider installing one fan on EACH tower. In your case, you should transfer the center fan to the tower nearest the RAM slots. This is a more effcient config smile.gif

Wow, I didn't even think of that when I installed it. doh.gif

Time to redo it. LOL
post #1287 of 3854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

Hehe, yep I put a tad too much, thanks man, I appreciate it. biggrin.gif
Quote:
And one more important thing, if you want a pull/pull fan config with your SA (which you probably do), you should consider installing one fan on EACH tower. In your case, you should transfer the center fan to the tower nearest the RAM slots. This is a more effcient config smile.gif
Wow, I didn't even think of that when I installed it. doh.gif
Time to redo it. LOL

Hehe. I know the feeling of remounting over and over again, been there done that smile.gif There was even one time that some skin of my knuckles was scraped off because my hand slide and hit the RAM module slot locks while I tighten the bolt of the SA frown.gif
post #1288 of 3854
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Hehe. I know the feeling of remounting over and over again, been there done that smile.gif There was even one time that some skin of my knuckles was scraped off because my hand slide and hit the RAM module slot locks while I tighten the bolt of the SA frown.gif

I've done that soo many times lol. I hate stupid sharp corners on everything in there. It is like a PC is another word for a hand torturing device!
post #1289 of 3854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

I've done that soo many times lol. I hate stupid sharp corners on everything in there. It is like a PC is another word for a hand torturing device!

Couldn't agree more, lol! That pressure knob on the SA is a PITA!!!
post #1290 of 3854
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris304 View Post

joinedthe site just to post the silverarrorw in a mini case. the case is a Lan gear da box. great case, its just the arrow is too big smile.gif so i made some adjustments. hope u all enjoy.

Nice mini arrow action! OP Updated and welcome! thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueduck3285 View Post

Crazy!
Should be dubbed the Mini Arrow!
P.S. I am looking at picking up the TY-150's and doing something that y'all may appreciate. Stay tuned.

Excited! thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

LOL, check out the video XD
I am really surprised a remount changed the temps soo much! Maybe the fan orientation did it as well, anyways like my Silver Arrow even more now. biggrin.gif~snip

Nice! thumb.gif

EDIT: Ah, I couldn't help it! The TY-150 is available on Amazon as well (from the same seller Nan's Gaming Gear) so I bought two of 'em. Probably won't be able to do anything with them and the SA 'til after Xmas though. thumb.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif
Edited by solsamurai - 12/12/11 at 10:36pm
Mugen (Retired)
(20 items)
 
Mugen 2
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H MSI R7870 Hawk CORSAIR XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 Series SSD Western Digital Caviar Black Western Digital Caviar Black DVD-RW HL-DT-ST GSA-H60L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Thermalright Silve Arrow (TY-140/TY-150) Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm Phanteks 140mm Thermalright TY-150 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional BenQ GW2450 Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 650D RAZER DeathAdder Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 M-Audio AV30 Studio Monitors (upgrading soon) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD4H MSI R7870 Hawk CORSAIR XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Series SSD Samsung 830 Series SSD Western Digital Caviar Black Western Digital Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
DVD-RW HL-DT-ST GSA-H60L Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm Phanteks 140mm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional BenQ GW2450 Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 650D RAZER DeathAdder Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 M-Audio AV30 Studio Monitors (upgrading soon) 
  hide details  
Reply
Mugen (Retired)
(20 items)
 
Mugen 2
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H MSI R7870 Hawk CORSAIR XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 Series SSD Western Digital Caviar Black Western Digital Caviar Black DVD-RW HL-DT-ST GSA-H60L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Thermalright Silve Arrow (TY-140/TY-150) Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm Phanteks 140mm Thermalright TY-150 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional BenQ GW2450 Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 650D RAZER DeathAdder Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 M-Audio AV30 Studio Monitors (upgrading soon) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD4H MSI R7870 Hawk CORSAIR XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Series SSD Samsung 830 Series SSD Western Digital Caviar Black Western Digital Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
DVD-RW HL-DT-ST GSA-H60L Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm Phanteks 140mm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional BenQ GW2450 Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 650D RAZER DeathAdder Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 M-Audio AV30 Studio Monitors (upgrading soon) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › The [Official] Thermalright Silver Arrow / SB-E Club