Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [CVG] Wii 2 is 'Project Café', says report - tech specs, controller details claimed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG] Wii 2 is 'Project Café', says report - tech specs, controller details claimed - Page 2

post #11 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwadeson View Post
r700? So the Wii 2 will be using at least 100w at load? that's going to suck :O
What makes you say that? They have deals with ATi. It's an older card; with a few revisions and a die shrink they can get the TDP way low.
Bye Bye 775
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8P67 PRO MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition  2x4gb Ripjaws@1866MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
840Pro 128 | 3xWD Vraptor | 1.5TB Green LG 6X Blu-ray /HD-DVD combo Win7 Ultimate 64bit 2 x U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair HX620 Corsair 600t Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Bye Bye 775
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8P67 PRO MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition  2x4gb Ripjaws@1866MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
840Pro 128 | 3xWD Vraptor | 1.5TB Green LG 6X Blu-ray /HD-DVD combo Win7 Ultimate 64bit 2 x U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Corsair HX620 Corsair 600t Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 133
6 inch screen on controller ? LOL, just LOL.
Sandy Bridge
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k 4.5ghz Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Evga Gtx 570 HD G.Skill 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 128GB  LitleOn Dvd drive Corsair H50 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bit Dell U2412m Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy Bridge
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k 4.5ghz Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Evga Gtx 570 HD G.Skill 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 128GB  LitleOn Dvd drive Corsair H50 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bit Dell U2412m Corsair HX750 Cooler Master HAF X 
Audio
Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 133
"New console to be 'a bit more powerful than 360'"

Wow a bit more powerful then a console released 6 years ago - amazing!
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 133
Wouldn't using an equivalent Northern Islands GPU be better?
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post
"New console to be 'a bit more powerful than 360'"

Wow a bit more powerful then a console released 6 years ago - amazing!
It really wont need to be any faster. And IF they are to port games to it the extra HP would be no use.
R2
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage Gene IV XFX DD HD7950 Kingston 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Series Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell UltraSharp U2212HM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2713HM Blackwidow Corsair GS600 Fractal Design Define R2 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Deathadder 3.5G Razer Goliathus Control Asus Xonar Essence STX Senn HD595 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
R2
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage Gene IV XFX DD HD7950 Kingston 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Series Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell UltraSharp U2212HM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2713HM Blackwidow Corsair GS600 Fractal Design Define R2 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Deathadder 3.5G Razer Goliathus Control Asus Xonar Essence STX Senn HD595 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post
"New console to be 'a bit more powerful than 360'"

Wow a bit more powerful then a console released 6 years ago - amazing!
Because the power of a console is directly correlated with how much fun it is to play. Not.

The Wii and 360 are infinitely more fun to play than the PS3. There is plenty of evidence to support my claim in both sales numbers and the fact I live with 800 people my age (18-22) in the same building group and only 2 people (out of 800) own PS3's. The shared spaces have Wii and 360 groups/parties all the time. The PS3 is used to watch movies.
post #17 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by justarealguy View Post
R700 series? Yuck, how about stepping up your game Nintendo?
An RV700-class GPU is hundreds of times faster than the graphics processor inside the Wii.

Flipper and Hollywood are basically the same GPU with higher clocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post
"New console to be 'a bit more powerful than 360'"

Wow a bit more powerful then a console released 6 years ago - amazing!
The GPU inside the Wii is the exact same GPU used in the GCN ten years ago... Even if Wii 2 only matched the current consoles, it would still be at least 10x more powerful than the Wii.
Edited by BizzareRide - 4/15/11 at 9:03am
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyFan View Post
Because the power of a console is directly correlated with how much fun it is to play. Not.

The Wii and 360 are infinitely more fun to play than the PS3. There is plenty of evidence to support my claim in both sales numbers and the fact I live with 800 people my age (18-22) in the same building group and only 2 people (out of 800) own PS3's. The shared spaces have Wii and 360 groups/parties all the time. The PS3 is used to watch movies.
did i say that? Not at all in my post i even considered that. and even your self part is opinion - i have had both the 360 and PS3 and played on the Wii and i prefer the PS3
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 133
Why do you need 6 inch screen on controller? I'd rather see all my data on 60 inch ... unless they want to do touch screen controller... (
System X
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x Asus Rampage III Extreme EVGA 590 Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 series 120Gb Asus Windows 7 64 bit Dell 30 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Voodoo Tarantula 900W TopPower HP BlackBird Voodoo Razer 
Mouse Pad
Voodoo 
  hide details  
Reply
System X
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x Asus Rampage III Extreme EVGA 590 Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 series 120Gb Asus Windows 7 64 bit Dell 30 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Voodoo Tarantula 900W TopPower HP BlackBird Voodoo Razer 
Mouse Pad
Voodoo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyFan View Post
The Wii and 360 are infinitely more fun to play than the PS3. There is plenty of evidence to support my claim in both sales numbers and the fact I live with 800 people my age (18-22) in the same building group and only 2 people (out of 800) own PS3's. The shared spaces have Wii and 360 groups/parties all the time. The PS3 is used to watch movies.
I'd like to hear why without stupid numbers please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [CVG] Wii 2 is 'Project Café', says report - tech specs, controller details claimed