Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need Help with Q6600 Overclocking...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Help with Q6600 Overclocking... - Page 3

post #21 of 66
Thanks mate, I am new in this forum as you can see
post #22 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Try 1.35v for V-core. This you must test later. See if you can lower it or if it needs to be increased. Use Prime95 Small FFT's to test.

NB you can set at 1.2v or 1.25v. SB voltages you can leave at AUTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Go to the OC Tweaker Screen. Select the 'DRAM RCOMP and tRD Configuration'. Then set DRAM CH0 tRD and DRAM CH1 tRD's to 10

Also make sure the DRAM Command Rate is at 2t and not 1t

Then try 400 x8

If that does not work, try 356 x9
Srry for the late reply as i just got off work.
Anyways, i tried both settings with the voltages you told me and i set those DRAM CH0 tRD and DRAM CH1 TRD's to 10 under advanced- chipset configuration. However, none of the settings post. My machine fires up but my monitor can't detect any inputs unlike when it detects right away when everything is functioning. Under my OC Tweaker settings, I manually set timings and voltage for my rams as stock setting and have DRAM Command Rate at 2N
Ratio CMOS 9, CPU Freq 356, PCIE Freq 100 and Strap FSB to MCH to 1333. On Strap FSB to MCH, I get auto, 800, 1333, 1600 these 4 options to choose from.
For Voltage Settings, i have 1.35 vcore, 1.561v Dram, which is stock voltage for it GTLRef V Auto, NB 1.25V, NB GTL Ref. Voltage auto, SB auto, SB 1.1v Voltage auto, VTT Voltage auto, and PLL Voltage auto.
I have everything disabled on CPU configuration, which are boot failure guard, spread spectrum, enhanced halt state, intel virtualization tech, cpu thermal throttling, no-execute memory protection, and intel speedstep tech.
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycbc5405 View Post
Srry for the late reply as i just got off work.
Anyways, i tried both settings with the voltages you told me and i set those DRAM CH0 tRD and DRAM CH1 TRD's to 10 under advanced- chipset configuration. However, none of the settings post. My machine fires up but my monitor can't detect any inputs unlike when it detects right away when everything is functioning. Under my OC Tweaker settings, I manually set timings and voltage for my rams as stock setting and have DRAM Command Rate at 2N
Ratio CMOS 9, CPU Freq 356, PCIE Freq 100 and Strap FSB to MCH to 1333. On Strap FSB to MCH, I get auto, 800, 1333, 1600 these 4 options to choose from.
For Voltage Settings, i have 1.35 vcore, 1.561v Dram, which is stock voltage for it GTLRef V Auto, NB 1.25V, NB GTL Ref. Voltage auto, SB auto, SB 1.1v Voltage auto, VTT Voltage auto, and PLL Voltage auto.
I have everything disabled on CPU configuration, which are boot failure guard, spread spectrum, enhanced halt state, intel virtualization tech, cpu thermal throttling, no-execute memory protection, and intel speedstep tech.
Leave all settings as I told you, then try and set 'Strap FSB to MCH' to 333. If that does not work, try 400
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 66
Thread Starter 
Alright I just up the CPU voltage to 1.4v with 356FSB x 9 and it just boot up to windows with no problem. I'm running Prime 95 and the temp is 67,66,62,62 accordingly. My question is how do I know if my setting are stable, and what voltages and settings should i use to make 400 FSB x8 to work so that I can run my DDR3 memory at 1600 speed.
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Leave all settings as I told you, then try and set 'Strap FSB to MCH' to 333. If that does not work, try 400
umm i get auto, 800, 1333, 1600 to choose from and please read my below posting i just got it to work at 359 x 9 with 1.4 vcore.
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycbc5405 View Post
umm i get auto, 800, 1333, 1600 to choose from and please read my below posting i just got it to work at 359 x 9 with 1.4 vcore.
Ahh... congratz... Okey, about the straps... 800 would be the same as 200, 1333 would be 333 and 1600 would be 400. So 1333 or 1600 for 400FSB. Try them both.

Use Prime95 for stability testing. Run Blend mode for 6 hours +. For CPU stability use Prime95 Small FFT's.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Ahh... congratz... Okey, about the straps... 800 would be the same as 200, 1333 would be 333 and 1600 would be 400. So 1333 or 1600 for 400FSB. Try them both.

Use Prime95 for stability testing. Run Blend mode for 6 hours +. For CPU stability use Prime95 Small FFT's.
I really appreciate your help
ok i will try both setting and get back to you
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 66
Thread Starter 
i booted up windows with 400fsb x8 with 1600 straps. But my memory won't run at it's rated speed with 1.5v. i have it set at 1333 right now. Should i increase the Dram voltage or should i just try it again ?
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycbc5405 View Post
i booted up windows with 400fsb x8 with 1600 straps. But my memory won't run at it's rated speed with 1.5v. i have it set at 1333 right now. Should i increase the Dram voltage or should i just try it again ?
Congratz man! The straps work.. Try to up the Volts a little first.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Congratz man! The straps work.. Try to up the Volts a little first.
thanks again. hey umm i just ran prime 95 for little bit for cpu stability test but the load temp shoots up to 82c. is that temp ok?
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
Stock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz ASRock P43DE3 Powercolor HD6950 2x 4gig DDR3 9-9-9-24 @1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 300Gb Sata LG IDE DVD ROM Win 7 ult sp1 64bit SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD 
PowerCase
Seasonic OEM 850W Silver Rated Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need Help with Q6600 Overclocking...