Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Rift: How is it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rift: How is it? - Page 3

post #21 of 36
Ugh, if they keep pushing TOR back I'm going to need something to do, MMO-wise. I might try LOTRO again since I got bored with the endgame during Moria.

That, and Guild Wars 2 is still a year + away. :/
post #22 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp View Post
Aren't nearly all MMO's typically the same though. Only MMO's that I tried last year that were different then the rest were Mortal Online and APB. One went bankrupt and the other one I haven't tried again since it doesn't have NA servers still
Not really, no. I generally prefer sandbox mmo's, and they're all a lot different. Especially EvE. Really loved SWG before NGE and CU, too.

When I say mechanically identical, I mean just that. It's a direct copy/paste. There's no difference whatsoever. As a rogue, I would spam one ability to gain up to 5 combo points, then use a finisher that has a scaling effect with how many combo points you have. It's EXACTLY the same thing.
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
Not really, no. I generally prefer sandbox mmo's, and they're all a lot different. Especially EvE. Really loved SWG before NGE and CU, too.

When I say mechanically identical, I mean just that. It's a direct copy/paste. There's no difference whatsoever. As a rogue, I would spam one ability to gain up to 5 combo points, then use a finisher that has a scaling effect with how many combo points you have. It's EXACTLY the same thing.
because, no other games has done combo points?

Clerics have multiple mechanics to juggle, depending on class builds, same as warriors, and mages.

Also what you do wit those combo points or whatever you want to call them, all depend on your build. So while 2 rogues are using combo points, the 2 of them could be doing entirely different things, the bard could be healing and buffing, while another could be doing dps and debuffs, OR a combonation of both, or they could be tanking. Yeah, Rogues are capable of handling everything in game, they can be buffers,healers,DPS,Tanks,Pets,Ranged DPS whatever you want, they have a build for it.

Rift takes what wow has done, and prior to wow, EQ, and kicks it up a notch. WOW didnt invent squat, they took from other games and fancied it up, and then rift took wow and fancied it up even further.

Wow has not introduced anything to the mmo scene other than noobs and soloers.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
because, no other games has done combo points?

Clerics have multiple mechanics to juggle, depending on class builds, same as warriors, and mages.

Also what you do wit those combo points or whatever you want to call them, all depend on your build. So while 2 rogues are using combo points, the 2 of them could be doing entirely different things, the bard could be healing and buffing, while another could be doing dps and debuffs, OR a combonation of both, or they could be tanking. Yeah, Rogues are capable of handling everything in game, they can be buffers,healers,DPS,Tanks,Pets,Ranged DPS whatever you want, they have a build for it.

Rift takes what wow has done, and prior to wow, EQ, and kicks it up a notch. WOW didnt invent squat, they took from other games and fancied it up, and then rift took wow and fancied it up even further.

Wow has not introduced anything to the mmo scene other than noobs and soloers.
No other game has copied this verbatim. When I say exactly the same, I mean exactly the same. It's not like they took a system and modified it, or added to it, or anything. They just saw what the WoW rogue does, and did the exact same thing.

First impressions are everything, and when I played it, it was identical mechanically. Instant loss of interest. I quit WoW a year and a half ago, and don't want to get another game to just be the same thing.

I guess I'm just looking for original ideas in games now.
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 36
Played it for 2 months...got bored and quit. Never have played wow, but played guildwars, aion, and City of heroes and villains. Rift didn't seem like anything special to me. Got to lvl 40 and quit. Just super boring in my opinion.
New 1090T
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090T Asus CrossHair IV Evga gtx470 2x2 G.Skill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Asus To be installed Asus 23.6 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse 750HX Corsair Homemade Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Table 
  hide details  
Reply
New 1090T
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090T Asus CrossHair IV Evga gtx470 2x2 G.Skill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB Asus To be installed Asus 23.6 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse 750HX Corsair Homemade Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Table 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 36
Rift has great talent trees and superb graphics when cranked but I just don't care to build characters, meet expectations or gloat anymore.

I have to undo the damage MMORPG's have done to me and just get back into enjoying games and living in the moment. And besides I've played WoW since before The Burning Crusade.
buildX
(16 items)
 
X3Elite (HTPC)
(14 items)
 
Dell XPS L702X
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 4.0GHz (24/7) HT/on  Asus P6TD Deluxe Gigabyte 2GB GTX 670 Windforce3X OC  6GB OCZ Gold 1600 (tri-channel) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7.2K 16MB Cache Prolimatech Megahalem Rev.B (Push/Pull) Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233H Razer BlackWidow Ultimate  OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W XClio Windtunnel 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable  Razer Goliathus 444mm x 355mm - Speed Edition ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 X3 BE @ 3.2GHz 24/7 MSi 770-G45 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870  8GB GSkill RipJaw 1333Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3  DVD+-RW  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 60" LG 60PA5500 Plasma 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer X1373WH Projector Corsair CX500 Cooler Master 430 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
i5-2430M Intel HD Graphics  Nvidia 1GB GT 550M (GF116) w/Optimus|DX11|144 ... 6GB DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120GB PNY 1311 SSD 500GB 7.2K RPM Windows7 Home Premium 64 17.3" WLED TL 1600 X 900 with 2.0MP HD webcam 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Backlit Keyboard Elemental Silver Aluminum JBL 2.1 W/ Built-in Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
buildX
(16 items)
 
X3Elite (HTPC)
(14 items)
 
Dell XPS L702X
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 4.0GHz (24/7) HT/on  Asus P6TD Deluxe Gigabyte 2GB GTX 670 Windforce3X OC  6GB OCZ Gold 1600 (tri-channel) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7.2K 16MB Cache Prolimatech Megahalem Rev.B (Push/Pull) Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233H Razer BlackWidow Ultimate  OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W XClio Windtunnel 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable  Razer Goliathus 444mm x 355mm - Speed Edition ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 X3 BE @ 3.2GHz 24/7 MSi 770-G45 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870  8GB GSkill RipJaw 1333Mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3  DVD+-RW  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 60" LG 60PA5500 Plasma 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer X1373WH Projector Corsair CX500 Cooler Master 430 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
i5-2430M Intel HD Graphics  Nvidia 1GB GT 550M (GF116) w/Optimus|DX11|144 ... 6GB DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120GB PNY 1311 SSD 500GB 7.2K RPM Windows7 Home Premium 64 17.3" WLED TL 1600 X 900 with 2.0MP HD webcam 
KeyboardCaseAudio
Backlit Keyboard Elemental Silver Aluminum JBL 2.1 W/ Built-in Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by W_Tillmans View Post
Played it for 2 months...got bored and quit. Never have played wow, but played guildwars, aion, and City of heroes and villains. Rift didn't seem like anything special to me. Got to lvl 40 and quit. Just super boring in my opinion.

Same for me I played it for 2 weeks and got bored couldn't do it anymore.

I'm wait for Tera and blade & soul myself.

Games look awesome check out the videos on youtube.

Tera is a action based MMO with no targeting system just aim and shoot spells and attacks.

Blade&Soul is your typical Korean MMO with over the top moves and specials.
Nope
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 DIAMOND 6970 2GB 256-bit x2 Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 64GB Nova Series/Seagate 1tb LG Black 10X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM SATA Internal Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 32" Class 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC 9051H Black 86 Normal Keys 8 Hot keys + 17 Gam Antec TPQ-850 TruePower Quattro 850W Power Supply SILVERSTONE RV02B-EW Matte black Logitech G9 Black 9 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Wired L 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
Nope
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 DIAMOND 6970 2GB 256-bit x2 Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 64GB Nova Series/Seagate 1tb LG Black 10X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM SATA Internal Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 32" Class 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
BTC 9051H Black 86 Normal Keys 8 Hot keys + 17 Gam Antec TPQ-850 TruePower Quattro 850W Power Supply SILVERSTONE RV02B-EW Matte black Logitech G9 Black 9 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Wired L 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
No other game has copied this verbatim. When I say exactly the same, I mean exactly the same. It's not like they took a system and modified it, or added to it, or anything. They just saw what the WoW rogue does, and did the exact same thing.

First impressions are everything, and when I played it, it was identical mechanically. Instant loss of interest. I quit WoW a year and a half ago, and don't want to get another game to just be the same thing.

I guess I'm just looking for original ideas in games now.
i dont see rifts or invasions in wow.

wut now.

I am very cynical about MMOs, i am entirely tired of the holy trinity of combat. If i am willing to give an MMO a thumbs up to play, then its obviously doing something right.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
i dont see rifts or invasions in wow.

wut now.

I am very cynical about MMOs, i am entirely tired of the holy trinity of combat. If i am willing to give an MMO a thumbs up to play, then its obviously doing something right.
I was talking about mechanically.
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
I was talking about mechanically.
mechanically speaking, wow copied everquest.........................................
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Rift: How is it?