Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › EK Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EK Club - Page 240

post #2391 of 20783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Type 1 and type 2 aluminum anodizing is really only a cosmetic anodizing to help dye the metal, type 3 or sulfuric acid Hard Coat anodizing, is the only anodizing that will leave a surface finish on it like that of the block used in the M6F, so the type of anodizing in this case is plainly visible. The only possible issue for it in this situation would be if the heatsink/block were able to reach 80c+ temps, since the anodizing doesn't expand the same as the underlying aluminum, it could cause it to crack. Having worked in the metal fabrication industry in the past using this type of anodizing, I personally have zero issue with using it in a cooling loop. And if in my use I find corrosion (hasn't happened yet for me with a type III anodized part) I will gladly eat my words.

I wasn't confused on the different types of anodized metal

I am confused on where you got the information that it is a type III anodized finish

I can only find speculation that it is Type II so I am really curious where you were able to find that it is Type III. Manufacturer specs sure don't show frown.gif
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #2392 of 20783
Current build I'm working on, just got the EK Monarch and the FC block for the 290X with the backplate




post #2393 of 20783
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

I wasn't confused on the different types of anodized metal

I am confused on where you got the information that it is a type III anodized finish

I can only find speculation that it is Type II so I am really curious where you were able to find that it is Type III. Manufacturer specs sure don't show frown.gif
Well, as I said in the previous post, T1&T2 are visually identical, only T3 can have the look the way this block does, and since I have one personally, it's was easy for me to take the block off and inspect it with a punch style hardness tester, and since T1&T2 are only a surface finish, they have the same hardness as the substrate, and T3 is a much harder surface (harder than any bare aluminum alloy CAN be) and it's testing off the scale for aluminum hardness, so it can only be T3. The block itself on my board has a Brinnell harness of 170, that's higher than any heat treatable aluminum alloy on the market, so again, it can only be a T3 anodizing.
post #2394 of 20783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Well, as I said in the previous post, T1&T2 are visually identical, only T3 can have the look the way this block does, and since I have one personally, it's was easy for me to take the block off and inspect it with a punch style hardness tester, and since T1&T2 are only a surface finish, they have the same hardness as the substrate, and T3 is a much harder surface (harder than any bare aluminum alloy CAN be) and it's testing off the scale for aluminum hardness, so it can only be T3. The block itself on my board has a Brinnell harness of 170, that's higher than any heat treatable aluminum alloy on the market, so again, it can only be a T3 anodizing.

Ahh okay, from experience.
I was not sure if you were assuming it was type 3 or had a source that published that it was type 3.
I want to take your word for it, I just have hard time with manufacturers who don't list this type of info

Can the type 3 anodized aluminum still fall into the same category as Type 1/2 though?
Example:
if there is a scratch on the type 3 anodized surface, over time is it still gradually going to result into a deeper scratch untill ultimately it reaches the aluminum?
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #2395 of 20783
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm View Post

Yup the EK 780 Classy block fits all 3, 780 Classy, 780 Ti Classy and 780 KPE.


A'm getting it now wink.gif thank you once more. cheers.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

see i told you sky tongue.gif

thumb.gif
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2396 of 20783
Ah, finally Derick finds out about the Ti wink.gif


Now need an answer on the BE CSQ block tongue.gif
post #2397 of 20783
Good and bad news. Good news is EK will be replacing my 290 Nickel block for a new one, bad news is I have to pay for shipping back to Slovenia, which will probably cost me quite a bit... sad-smiley-002.gif

Not sure if it's even worth it to ship it to Slovenia, I'll have to see....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2398 of 20783
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post

Good and bad news. Good news is EK will be replacing my 290 Nickel block for a new one, bad news is I have to pay for shipping back to Slovenia, which will probably cost me quite a bit... sad-smiley-002.gif

Not sure if it's even worth it to ship it to Slovenia, I'll have to see....

I figured they would find a way to do an exchange with either FCPU or PPCS. Or at least send you a ups prepaid label for the shipping back to them. Kinda sucks that they are playing that game.
post #2399 of 20783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

I figured they would find a way to do an exchange with either FCPU or PPCS. Or at least send you a ups prepaid label for the shipping back to them. Kinda sucks that they are playing that game.

I live in Spain though, no FCPU or PPCS. I'll see if I can get them to at least help me with half the shipping or something through UPS, DHL, or whatever method they want me to.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 7700k ASUS Maximus IX Formula EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* EVGA GTX1080 Ti *soon* 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666MHz CL16 Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB WD Red 4TB WD Green 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 PRO ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova T2 850W Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Razer Destructor 2 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80ohm JDS O2+ODAC Zalman MIC-M1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2400 of 20783
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post

I live in Spain though, no FCPU or PPCS. I'll see if I can get them to at least help me with half the shipping or something through UPS, DHL, or whatever method they want me to.

Lol, ooops, I didn't look at location before I posted. Sorry. Since it was broken in shipping, it shouldn't be your responsibility in my opinion. I could be wrong though. Every company is different.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › EK Club