-Thank you to Lutro0 for the logo-
~I've been hearing about the Chimp Challenge - what is it?
The Chimp Challenge is a Folding@Home contest between 9 of the major Folding teams. It is run over 10 days, and the team with the most "Chimp Points" at the end will be crowned the Chimp Champ. The victorious team gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey as the prize. Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this. The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing teams are forbidden to display it.
We all Fold using the same username for this event, so take a look below for the info you'll need.
~When is it?
The competition officially begins on the 5th of May
(Thursday), and will run for 10 days
(until Sunday the 15th of May). The Challenge begins and ends at 12pm Noon PDT (7pm UTC)
For -bigadv Folders, you may wish to switch your clients to OCNChimpin around the 3rd of May, so the WUs start dropping for OCNChimpin as the Chimp Challenge starts.
~How does it work?
In the past, the teams raced to 20mil points. But this year the captains have decided to change the format, and level the playing field a bit. The total points of each team is taken from the months of October 2010 to February 2011. One-tenth of a per cent (0.1%) of the team's 5-month total will be the points required to earn one Chimp Point.
The team with the most Chimp Points earned at the end of the 10 days will be declared the winner.
Also, remember that we Fold for the research, not
for points, or victory in a competition. As such, we do not encourage actions that are detrimental to the Project. This includes priming multiple WUs to drop as the competition starts, or Folding on hardware without permission from the owners.
~Who is involved?
Chimp Challenge 2011 Info
~How do I join?
If you just want to join the cause:
Username: OCNChimpin (Case sensitive)
How to change your username
If you'd like to be included in prize drawings and a sig badge, take a look at the thread below; it covers everything you need to know.
SIGN UP HERE!
If you still have any questions, PM myself
~Why should I Fold?
Folding@home is involved in trying to understand the folding/mis-folding of proteins in the human body, which is the cause of many diseases (Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many forms of Cancer). While the Project won't find a cure for any of diseases, its research will benefit other researchers across the world, in the form of peer reviewed, published papers. One of the more significant achievements was simulating protein folding on a millisecond timescale
One of our own is currently suffering, and we want to show that we support Syrillian, as a community
. You might not agree or accept the merits of Folding@home, but most of us do, and we believe it will help lessen the pain cause to people like Syr.
There are also other reasons to join in. Competition is always fun, and we've got 8 other teams to compete with. Plus, we do
• $2,500 in PayPal prizes (distribution to be decided) - donated by admin
• 2x lifetime overclocked accounts
- donated by admin
• 2x Yubikeys
(with 1 year LastPass access) - donated by admin
• 2x OCN-branded Ducky mechanical keyboards
- donated by admin
• 5x OCN hoodies
- donated by admin
• $25 PayPal - donated by Lord Xeb
• 2x $25 PayPal - donated by Bastiaan_NL
• $100 PayPal - donated by Miki
• 2x Mafia II (Steam) - donated by fishman78
• Just Cause II (Steam) - donated by fishman78
• Portal (Steam) - donated by MeeMoo220
• Portal (Steam) - donated by omega17
• Portal (Steam) - donated by Zagael
• Mass Effect 2 (EA download manager) - donated by a2hopper
• Metro 2033 (Steam) - donated by Lampen
• 2x Defense Grid: The Awakening (Steam) - donated by cc_brandon
• Mafia II (Steam) - donated by cc_brandon
• Portal (Steam) - donated by cc_brandon
• Dues Ex (Steam) - donated by cc_brandon
• Metro 2033 (Steam) - donated by cc_brandon
• Mirror's Edge (Retail) - donated by KOBALT
• GTA IV (Retail) - donated by KOBALT
• Portal (Steam) - donated by CarlosSpiceyWeiner
• 2x Humble Frozenbyte Bundle
- donated by LiLChris
• Total War: Shogun 2 (Steam) - donated by Hydraulic
• Portal 2 (Steam) - donated by compuman145
• 1x Steam game of any choice - donated by compuman145
• Half-Life 2 and EP1 (Steam) - donated by Ascii Aficionado
• Civilisation V (Steam) - donated by wupah
• Counter-Strike: Source (Steam) - donated by asabaraba
• Red Alert 3 (Sealed limited edition) - donated by RaBidRaBit
• Defense Grid: The Awakening and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernoby (Steam) - donated by SniperXX
• 7900GS - donated by werds
• Antec 902 - donated by compuman145
• Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality PCI-E - donated by dkim1359
• 2x 8800GTSs - donated by eclipseaudio4
• ATi 4650 - donated by Hobiecat
• 360 Rad - donated by slickwilly
• 8GB Corsair CM2X2048 DDR2 - donated by tunapiano
• Zotac 8800GTS 512MB - tunapiano
• Custom case feet
- donated by FannBlade
• 10 custom overclock.net
and Folding@home fan grills - www.ftwpc.com
• 3DMark 11 - donated by fishman78
• 2x $25 Gift Cards to FTWPC
- donated by www.ftwpc.com
• 2x 3DMark 11 - donated by CTRLurself [Knyte Custom]
Thank you to all donors so far.
~Spread the Word!:
Support OCNChimpin by changing your avatar to one of the official avatars:
And a sig link, of course.
Chimp Challenge Recruitment 5th-15th May 2011 OCN vs The World
:sonic: [b][size=3][thread=993932][color=#FF8C00]Chimp Challenge Recruitment[/color] [color=#006400]5th-15th May 2011[/color] [color=red]OCN vs The World[/color][/thread][/size][/b] :sonic:
[thread=993932][color=red][b][size=3]Chimp Challenge 5th-15th May 2011[/size][/b][/color][/thread]