Originally Posted by MuzicFreq
Go for a 60GB SSD for OS and 2 WD 5000AAKS in raid
(I am an AAKS fan =p )
But that should do ya good for a good while. I see no point in having a PCIe SSD as they cost more than the standalones.
Also dump SATAIII and go SATAII, there isnt much of a performance increase you will see unless benching all the time.
60GB just seems to small for dual booting. I'm dual botting Win7 and Ubuntu.
I could maybe do it with an 80GB, but 60GB just too small..
And the PCIe SSD is 30 dollars more than the SATA SSD, and they are the same size. But the PCIe's seem to have higher speeds. Which I like.
EDIT: My mobo is NOT on the compatibility list for the PCIe SSD, and I have seen a couple forum threads about issues people have. I'm going to go with what is proven to work well, the Crucial.
And I have no reason to get an i7 over an i5. The i5 meets my needs and then some.
My final HDD config is going to be:
128GB Crucial RealSSD for Boot Drive, and main programs.
2x500GB HDD's in RAID0 for programs and storage of files I access often (I own one, buying another)
1TB HDD for storage (Already owned)
2TB HDD for dedicated backing up. Will likely do this over eSATA as opposed to keeping inside the PC. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152245
I'm wondering if I should just wait on the GTX 570 and keep the 9800GTX for now.
That 570 is expensive, and this whole build is approaching $1400. Taking that off would bring it down to about 1000.
Though, the 9800GTX would probably become the bottleneck in my system >.> But I could stand it for a month or two.. then maybe the 570 price will have dropped a bit.
Think it's worth waiting, or should I just plop down the money now? Edited by archangelabove - 4/19/11 at 1:33pm