Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Buying a Sound Card
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying a Sound Card - Page 4

post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
This whole ASUS mind set here at OC is getting out of hand. Everyday I see threads of people spreading false information about Gaming/music with regards to ASUS & Creative.

The ASUS STX since it was first released was better than anything Creative and Azurtech had to offer for Music and Movies. The Titanium HD has changed all this. Creative finally now has a card that can go Toe to Toe with the ASUS STX. X-FI's are better for positional Audio, and now we have a card that excels at both gaming and music. This is why I retired my ASUS STX for the Titanium HD. I now own a card that is capable of offering me the best of both worlds. Plus I prefer the HD's warmer sound signature.

My recommendation for those whom want a gaming card that is also up to par with the ASUS for Music is to go with the TITANIUM HD. Heck even the Native Windows 7 drivers for it are wonderful(I know I can't believe I am saying this for a creative product, since there drivers in the past were doggy)

I have said this in the past and I will re-iterate it. Both cards are in the same league for 2 channel audio. Neither one is better than the other it's all down to each ones personal tastes. Regardless you can't go wrong with either one for Music/Movies.


PS. Rally I think it's wonderful that you have taken your time to create this head on test . Hopefully your findings will infuse insight into the members here who are still under the false impression that Creative's new card is nothing but a minor update to the Titanium line.
Completely in agreement with this!

About a month ago, I was faced with an upgrading decision because my PCI X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro was dying. The static noise and random pops were not only increasing in frequency and annoying, but also real heart-thumpers when the volume was pumped up high enough. Researching my options, with a good chunk of it coming from this forum, I nearly pulled the trigger on an Asus card (which, by the way, from user experiences does not seem to be any better or worse in the driver department).

However, after more thorough research and user testimonials, the X-Fi Titanium HD quickly became my top running choice. Once I found a good enough deal on it, I pulled the trigger and have not regretted my decision for a single moment.

The clarity, separation, and warmth while listening to music on this card is even a considerable upgrade over my previous card (when it worked properly)! The fact that the current drivers are also stable as it stands is a big step in the right direction. Creative have stated that when designing this card, they built the drivers from the ground up to work with Windows 7 (and Vista), and I believe it. Yes, their driver/software package is very big, but large capacity hard drives are plentiful nowadays so I'm sure people will find a way to get over it.

For games and movies, where spatial separation becomes very useful, the X-Fi Titanium HD continues to deliver excellent results as did my older X-Fi card. If Rally's gaming impressions are anything to go by, I'm definitely glad I stuck with an X-Fi.

In my opinion, for a well-rounded package, the Titanium HD is serious competition for even the Essence ST/X. It's true Creative has a tainted past that left a bad paste in people's mouths, but things have changed for the better with this new flagship card. It stands high on its own and deserves consideration for any enthusiast that is interested in a good, viable option.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by covertash View Post
Completely in agreement with this!

About a month ago, I was faced with an upgrading decision because my PCI X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro was dying. The static noise and random pops were not only increasing in frequency and annoying, but also real heart-thumpers when the volume was pumped up high enough. Researching my options, with a good chunk of it coming from this forum, I nearly pulled the trigger on an Asus card (which, by the way, from user experiences does not seem to be any better or worse in the driver department).

However, after more thorough research and user testimonials, the X-Fi Titanium HD quickly became my top running choice. Once I found a good enough deal on it, I pulled the trigger and have not regretted my decision for a single moment.

The clarity, separation, and warmth while listening to music on this card is even a considerable upgrade over my previous card (when it worked properly)! The fact that the current drivers are also stable as it stands is a big step in the right direction. Creative have stated that when designing this card, they built the drivers from the ground up to work with Windows 7 (and Vista), and I believe it. Yes, their driver/software package is very big, but large capacity hard drives are plentiful nowadays so I'm sure people will find a way to get over it.

For games and movies, where spatial separation becomes very useful, the X-Fi Titanium HD continues to deliver excellent results as did my older X-Fi card. If Rally's gaming impressions are anything to go by, I'm definitely glad I stuck with an X-Fi.

In my opinion, for a well-rounded package, the Titanium HD is serious competition for even the Essence ST/X. It's true Creative has a tainted past that left a bad paste in people's mouths, but things have changed for the better with this new flagship card. It stands high on its own and deserves consideration for any enthusiast that is interested in a good, viable option.
it only supports 2 channel analog am I correct?
Hooking it up via digital connection your not going to use its 3 dollar wolf and whatever Dac then is this correct?
Have you ever gone to creative site and compared the older cards specs with the new creative one?
So basically the card is only good for cans then?
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooony View Post
it only supports 2 channel analog am I correct?
No clue, as I have no interest in more than two channels anyway. I'm assuming you know, am I correct?

Quote:
Hooking it up via digital connection your not going to use its 3 dollar wolf and whatever Dac then is this correct?
Any time you use a digital pass through, you will not be utilizing the sound card's DAC as the receiver or monitor's DAC will handle the sound processing. So if you're trying to make a point it's moot at best.

Quote:
Have you ever gone to creative site and compared the older cards specs with the new creative one?
I don't see where this is going.

Quote:
So basically the card is only good for cans then?
No. Why would you assume this?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 4258U 2.4 GHz Intel Iris HD 5100 8GB Samsung 256GB SSD 
OS
OSX 10.9 Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 34
I don't want to post.
Edited by Domino - 4/24/11 at 5:22pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Buying a Sound Card