Overclock.net banner

Kaze Master Ace

270 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SS_Patrick 
#1 ·
hey guys just got a kaze master ace fan controller and hooked it up to 4 fans, 2x200mm megaflow fans and 2x120mm CM R4 (R4-L2R-20CR-GP). everything seems ok so far but i have 2 questions....forgive me if they've been answered already.

1) i noticed the power cable to the fan controller has 2 molex connectors to it.. do i need to hook up 2 molex connectors to power the fan controller or just one? right now i have one and it seems ok.

2) all of my fans seem to be running around their rated top speed when i have it on full power. but i noticed one of my R4 (the bottom one blowing up towards the video card) makes a pulsing vibrating noise when at full speed. this never happened before and it isnt happening with the other R4 which, by the way, is exhausting at the back.

any help would be great.
smile.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk777;13217620
hey guys just got a kaze master ace fan controller and hooked it up to 4 fans, 2x200mm megaflow fans and 2x120mm CM R4 (R4-L2R-20CR-GP). everything seems ok so far but i have 2 questions....forgive me if they've been answered already.

1) i noticed the power cable to the fan controller has 2 molex connectors to it.. do i need to hook up 2 molex connectors to power the fan controller or just one? right now i have one and it seems ok.

2) all of my fans seem to be running around their rated top speed when i have it on full power. but i noticed one of my R4 (the bottom one blowing up towards the video card) makes a pulsing vibrating noise when at full speed. this never happened before and it isnt happening with the other R4 which, by the way, is exhausting at the back.

any help would be great.
smile.gif
1. It is just a pass through,like a psu cable with 3 molex's on one cable.

2.Try swapping it with the other fan,see if it does the same.

Good luck

Gyro

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Patrick;13217791
1. No you don't need both of them plugged in. That's for plugging another device in. Kinda like a power strip.

2. Is that bottom fan tightly screwed in? Make sure there is nothing under the fan that would cause it to be off balance
thanks for the reply.

the fan is tightly screwed in and the only resistance that i can think of is from the table. i actually tried lifting the case up away from the table and noticed the vibration and noise stopping. but its odd cause i never had this problem before i had the fan controller. right now i have to keep it at roughly 70% for it to stay quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro;13217797
1. It is just a pass through,like a psu cable with 3 molex's on one cable.

2.Try swapping it with the other fan,see if it does the same.

Good luck

Gyro
tried that already with the other R4 and its still happening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.