Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Cyborg V7 Gaming Keybord
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cyborg V7 Gaming Keybord - Page 2

Poll Results: What do you think of the Cyborg V7 Keyboard?

 
  • 22% (5)
    Looks awesome, performs great, really awsome keyboard
  • 22% (5)
    Looks great but doesnt perform great, average keyboard
  • 4% (1)
    Looks ugly, but performs great, avergae keyboard
  • 50% (11)
    looks ugly, perfoms badly, terrible keyboard
22 Total Votes  
post #11 of 27
The board is ugly as sin in my opinion, and from what I've felt in local stores, the keypresses don't feel all that precise either. The backlighting also feels decidedly uneven. If you're spending less than $40 on it, I'd say it's entirely up to you, but at its MSRP, that board seems hugely overpriced.
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayvinAzn View Post
The board is ugly as sin in my opinion, and from what I've felt in local stores, the keypresses don't feel all that precise either. The backlighting also feels decidedly uneven. If you're spending less than $40 on it, I'd say it's entirely up to you, but at its MSRP, that board seems hugely overpriced.
Haters gonna hate. Its priced the same or less than any logi or razer crap (not counting BW) and is miles ahead of both. Some of us even like the looks... fancy that, people with tastes other than your own

For a rubber dome keyboard, its good good backlighting AND good keys. Its not a mech. we all know that. Get over it. If he wants a mech he will get a mech.

And dont give me any crap about not knowing what im talking about. I own logi boards, have used razer boards in the past, have used laptop keyboards, own several ancient mechanicals, own a saitek eclipse and the board in the op. currently use a x-armor mech. I have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about here.
Edited by Zero4549 - 4/22/11 at 12:51pm
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 27
He gave his opinion and now he's a hater?
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post
Haters gonna hate. Its priced the same or less than any logi or razer crap (not counting BW) and is miles ahead of both. Some of us even like the looks... fancy that, people with tastes other than your own

For a rubber dome keyboard, its good good backlighting AND good keys. Its not a mech. we all know that. Get over it. If he wants a mech he will get a mech.

And dont give me any crap about not knowing what im talking about. I own logi boards, have used razer boards in the past, have used laptop keyboards, own several ancient mechanicals, own a saitek eclipse and the board in the op. currently use a x-armor mech. I have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about here.
Thank you very much for a solid reply not "looks as ugly as sin"

The main reason for me wanting this KB is because I want a RAT 7 and this and the RAT with the v7 Mouse pad will look quite nice in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply's
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 27
Thread Starter 
Okay guys,

After tons of research I am considering the logitech G510 because of all the good comments about it and because of screen that tells you the temps of the cpu, gpu and mb. Also does anyone know if it can tell you the usage of the cpu, gpu and ram?

I would also like to know if its possible for it to tell you all of that at once , I know its a long shot but hey
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrouwel View Post
Okay guys,

After tons of research I am considering the logitech G510 because of all the good comments about it and because of screen that tells you the temps of the cpu, gpu and mb. Also does anyone know if it can tell you the usage of the cpu, gpu and ram?

I would also like to know if its possible for it to tell you all of that at once , I know its a long shot but hey
1) keep in mind that the actual keys, you know, the things you will be using 99.999% of the time, feel like total crap.

2) yeah the little screen can show all kinds of stuff if programmed to do so. That said the programs for it really arnt upkept well. 90% of them are highly outdated and dont work with modern versions of programs (for example skype... you need to get a 2 year old version to skype to use it with the screen)

3) anything on the screen is being run as a program on your cpu, and then pushed to the screen. This means the more you have on the screen, the more you are slowing down your system during games. For instance, to have temp monitor, and fps, and cpu usage, and gpu usage... you need to have fraps, sirreal, speedfan, and rivatuner, plus 3 little plugin style programs that push the info from the previous programs to the lcd screen.

4) if you dont need the screen built into your keyboard, you can get a G13 which has the same screen. If you dont care for the G13, you can just get yourself an actual lcd screen and put things directly on it. For the stupidly high price of that keyboard, you can get yourself a decent little full color decent res screen, plus a $3 dell keyboard (which will actually have better keys.. sadly)


Not trying to tell you not to buy the thing, just trying to inform you of the reasons behind peoples comments that logitech is crap. If you're cool with all that and want it anyway, be my guest.
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post
1) keep in mind that the actual keys, you know, the things you will be using 99.999% of the time, feel like total crap.

2) yeah the little screen can show all kinds of stuff if programmed to do so. That said the programs for it really arnt upkept well. 90% of them are highly outdated and dont work with modern versions of programs (for example skype... you need to get a 2 year old version to skype to use it with the screen)

3) anything on the screen is being run as a program on your cpu, and then pushed to the screen. This means the more you have on the screen, the more you are slowing down your system during games. For instance, to have temp monitor, and fps, and cpu usage, and gpu usage... you need to have fraps, sirreal, speedfan, and rivatuner, plus 3 little plugin style programs that push the info from the previous programs to the lcd screen.

4) if you dont need the screen built into your keyboard, you can get a G13 which has the same screen. If you dont care for the G13, you can just get yourself an actual lcd screen and put things directly on it. For the stupidly high price of that keyboard, you can get yourself a decent little full color decent res screen, plus a $3 dell keyboard (which will actually have better keys.. sadly)


Not trying to tell you not to buy the thing, just trying to inform you of the reasons behind peoples comments that logitech is crap. If you're cool with all that and want it anyway, be my guest.
A big thanks for all the info + rep for you sir

I think that the LCD screen will put more load on my system than actually help me in games. All though I do have a powerful enough system to power that LCD and not really have a big drop in fps (rig specs in sig)

I think overall for price verses performance I will go for either the v5 or the v7. I am considering the v5 because it has red back lighting (the only color I want) and because it is pretty cheap (half the price of the G510)

I have not heard one person who owns a V7 complain about it at all so it might just be the rout to go

Thanks again for all the info
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrouwel View Post
A big thanks for all the info + rep for you sir

I think that the LCD screen will put more load on my system than actually help me in games. All though I do have a powerful enough system to power that LCD and not really have a big drop in fps (rig specs in sig)

I think overall for price verses performance I will go for either the v5 or the v7. I am considering the v5 because it has red back lighting (the only color I want) and because it is pretty cheap (half the price of the G510)

I have not heard one person who owns a V7 complain about it at all so it might just be the rout to go

Thanks again for all the info
The Eclipse 2/3 have the same domes and similar/the same key caps. The Eclipse 3 has the macro buttons as well, though im not sure if those are as fully programmable on that one as the cyborg.. Obviously both look totally different... The reason I mention is that both are cheaper I believe and both have red.

The Sidewinder is also red backlit and despite all the silly knobs, its a very nice rubber dome board.

Just giving you some more options
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post
The Eclipse 2/3 have the same domes and similar/the same key caps. The Eclipse 3 has the macro buttons as well, though im not sure if those are as fully programmable on that one as the cyborg.. Obviously both look totally different... The reason I mention is that both are cheaper I believe and both have red.

The Sidewinder is also red backlit and despite all the silly knobs, its a very nice rubber dome board.

Just giving you some more options
I have also heard that the Black widow is a good KB and its mechanical?

Do you get it with red back lit keys?
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.275vcore Rampage 3 Extreme Asus 6950 DCUII Asus 6950 DCUII 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
2000mhz Dom Gt's cl8 (3 Internal) 2 x 250GIG Samsung 7200RPM, 1 x 2TB W LG DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SyncMaster P2250 (1920x1080) Razer Nostromo Coolermaster 1250W Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
RAT 7 GLIDE 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrouwel View Post
I have also heard that the Black widow is a good KB and its mechanical?

Do you get it with red back lit keys?
Black widow is a decent board. It IS mechanical - cherry blue switches to be specific - but it doesn't have any of the usual benefits of a mechanical other than the feel of the key switches themselves.

There are two versions. Blue backlight and no backlight. is no red backlight. Blue backlight costs significantly more, however it DOES add USB and audio passthrough.

If you are considering paying the extra cash for a BW, I would suggest an X-Armor board instead. They come in Cherry Blue and Cherry Brown versions. Blue backlight. NKRO through ps/2, 6KRO through USB (BW is 2KRO). Audio and USB passthrough. They however lack the macro keys of the BW.

Hope that helps.
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Cyborg V7 Gaming Keybord