Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EXP] Zotac GeForce GTX 580 Extreme Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EXP] Zotac GeForce GTX 580 Extreme Review - Page 3

post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
I'm not sure what you smoked, but the msi 580 lightning doesn't have a max of 1.3v.
It has a normal 1.15v max in the bios.

And unlocking the bios isn't as simple as you think for the fermi.
You can "unlock" it by loading an asus bios with 1.2v max, but it doesn't work well.
The only way to "unlock" the 580, is a hard vmod. Nvidia made sure of that.
I think we're all laughing at the statement... Clearly you've never heard of NiBiTor or Fermi Bios Editor. You can even pump as many volts as you want with 480s/580s with MSI Afterburner Unlocked.
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post
I think we're all laughing at the statement... Clearly you've never heard of NiBiTor or Fermi Bios Editor. You can even pump as many volts as you want with 480s/580s with MSI Afterburner Unlocked.
I have heard, and tried, and it doesn't work with every card.
Most 580s are locked.

If you had stopped "laughing" at yourself and actually read more into the cards and the bios, you would have known that instead "I head you can so ofc you can since thats what I heard because they told me and thats why I know".

And its also nice that you "laughed" and tried to divert the subject to your own "statement" that the lightning has 1.3v.
Nice "comeback" at me.

Good job mate.
Edited by Defoler - 4/25/11 at 6:26am
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post
I think we're all laughing at the statement... Clearly you've never heard of NiBiTor or Fermi Bios Editor. You can even pump as many volts as you want with 480s/580s with MSI Afterburner Unlocked.
What we are laughing at, is you. He knows what is talking about. Do you own a 580/480? No why doesn't that surprise me. As many volts as you want be real. Your name is not on this list is it?

http://www.overclock.net/benchmarkin...11-scores.html
Edited by DrFPS - 4/25/11 at 7:45am
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
I have heard, and tried, and it doesn't work with every card.
Most 580s are locked.

If you had stopped "laughing" at yourself and actually read more into the cards and the bios, you would have known that instead "I head you can so ofc you can since thats what I heard because they told me and thats why I know".

And its also nice that you "laughed" and tried to divert the subject to your own "statement" that the lightning has 1.3v.
Nice "comeback" at me.

Good job mate.
Wow, epic ignorance up in there.
So now you're calling xxbaseplayerxx a liar? You might want to google MSi Afterburner Unlocked before you ramble on about things you don't know. He's even stated 1.55V+ on DCII/Lightning 580s with LN2, ~1.4V 24/7 with reference.

While also calling MSIAlex a liar as well.

Might I direct you to something called: http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/...0?tab=rankings

Yeah, like anyone's going to believe you over people with credibility.
Good job son.
Edited by PoopaScoopa - 4/25/11 at 8:07am
post #25 of 29
I still like the way my Galaxy GTX 580 with the Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus cooler on it looks. And the temps are awesome.
The Budget Buster
(17 items)
 
The Furnace
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930K 5.0GHz (Unlocked CPU for Ex... ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB (Includ... 32GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1x SSD (1TB Samsung 840 EVO) 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition) ASUS DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writ... H20: HydroLux Level 3: Exotic Custom Cooling Sy... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Strike-X AeroCool Temperature Display & Fan Con... Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-Bit Edit... Asus PB278 2560 by 1440 G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 1050 obsidian 900d R.A.T. 7 Razer Vespula 
Audio
T-40s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-875K @ 4.13 GHz GA P55A UD3 Galaxy GTX 580 @ 850/1700 16 GBs 1,600Mhz DDR3 XMP Ripjaw X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Curcial M4 128GB SSD Boot Drive  Sony DVD RW Windows 7 64 bit Dell 22 In. HD 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Thermaltake Black Widow 850 Azza Salano 1000 Tower Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T 7 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razor Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Pad. Creative T-40 Cyborg Fly 5 Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
The Budget Buster
(17 items)
 
The Furnace
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930K 5.0GHz (Unlocked CPU for Ex... ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB (Includ... 32GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1x SSD (1TB Samsung 840 EVO) 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition) ASUS DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writ... H20: HydroLux Level 3: Exotic Custom Cooling Sy... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Strike-X AeroCool Temperature Display & Fan Con... Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-Bit Edit... Asus PB278 2560 by 1440 G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 1050 obsidian 900d R.A.T. 7 Razer Vespula 
Audio
T-40s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-875K @ 4.13 GHz GA P55A UD3 Galaxy GTX 580 @ 850/1700 16 GBs 1,600Mhz DDR3 XMP Ripjaw X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Curcial M4 128GB SSD Boot Drive  Sony DVD RW Windows 7 64 bit Dell 22 In. HD 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Thermaltake Black Widow 850 Azza Salano 1000 Tower Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T 7 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razor Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Pad. Creative T-40 Cyborg Fly 5 Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post
Wow, epic ignorance up in there.
So now you're calling xxbaseplayerxx a liar? You might want to google MSi Afterburner Unlocked before you ramble on about things you don't know. He's even stated 1.55V+ on DCII/Lightning 580s with LN2, ~1.4V 24/7 with reference.

While also calling MSIAlex a liar as well.

Might I direct you to something called: http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/...0?tab=rankings

Yeah, like anyone's going to believe you over people with credibility.
Good job son.
Unlocking afterbuner is one thing, actually delivering the volts and updating the bios is so completely different.

The "unlocked" bios is not recognized as a normal one. You can't use a stock bios, as the drivers and bios are hard coded to max at 1.2v.

But hey, from a guy who only likes to read halfs, and never actually read about it or how people achieve it, you are just an ignorant.

What they are doing is making a special bios, now with the normal editors.
And have you ever tried these editors? They don't allow you to make the volts over 1.15, or 1.2 if you are setting to an asus bios.
What a surprise. I bet you didn't know that.

How about you actually try it out yourself before calling on others?
"Son"... Geeze.
What a clown

Btw, you still hadn't reply about the 1.3v of the lightning. I wander why
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 29
...but it looks like this baby is water-cooling ready:



Just slap on a GPU block and you're good to go!!!
 
The Asgard II
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE C3 Revision ASRock 890FX DELUXE5 GIGABYTE GTX 480 Super Overclock 8GB G.SKILL PI 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin Callisto 120GB SSD + WD 7200RPM 500GB Who cares? Windows 7 Home Premuim 64bit Viewsonic vx2265wm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
AZIO Levetron Mech4 CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W NZXT M59 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus (Speed Edition) ASUS Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A4-3300 APU BIOSTAR TA75M+ AMD Radeon HD 6450 G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V60GB2 SSD Ultra ChillTec Black I-Inc iP-192ABB 19" Class Widescreen LCD Monitor Mushkin Enhanced Volta MKNPSVT500 PSU 
CaseMouse
Xigmatek Asgard II KINGWIN KW-03 Wired Optical 800 dpi Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
 
The Asgard II
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 965 BE C3 Revision ASRock 890FX DELUXE5 GIGABYTE GTX 480 Super Overclock 8GB G.SKILL PI 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin Callisto 120GB SSD + WD 7200RPM 500GB Who cares? Windows 7 Home Premuim 64bit Viewsonic vx2265wm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
AZIO Levetron Mech4 CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W NZXT M59 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus (Speed Edition) ASUS Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A4-3300 APU BIOSTAR TA75M+ AMD Radeon HD 6450 G.SKILL Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V60GB2 SSD Ultra ChillTec Black I-Inc iP-192ABB 19" Class Widescreen LCD Monitor Mushkin Enhanced Volta MKNPSVT500 PSU 
CaseMouse
Xigmatek Asgard II KINGWIN KW-03 Wired Optical 800 dpi Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 29
No thanks. MSI has my vote with the TFIII. Only company that may change my mine is EVGA, if they produce something like this.
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
Unlocking afterbuner is one thing, actually delivering the volts and updating the bios is so completely different.

The "unlocked" bios is not recognized as a normal one. You can't use a stock bios, as the drivers and bios are hard coded to max at 1.2v.

But hey, from a guy who only likes to read halfs, and never actually read about it or how people achieve it, you are just an ignorant.

What they are doing is making a special bios, now with the normal editors.
And have you ever tried these editors? They don't allow you to make the volts over 1.15, or 1.2 if you are setting to an asus bios.
What a surprise. I bet you didn't know that.

How about you actually try it out yourself before calling on others?
"Son"... Geeze.
What a clown

Btw, you still hadn't reply about the 1.3v of the lightning. I wander why
LOL you just can't admit how ignorant you are.

You can set 1.55V with MSi Afterburner and it will "stick". You don't need to modify the bios for that.
Fermi Bios Editor lets you edit your current bios. You don't need to flash a bios from a different manufacturer.
The bios unlocks up to 1.212V not 1.15V.
Since you're obviously not too bright, MSIAlex is the MSI rep. MSI makes the Lightning card...

Try again, son.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EXP] Zotac GeForce GTX 580 Extreme Review